Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC News/Gossip/Rumours Summer '15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,493 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

cjmc wrote: »
    The thing im worried about now is that firmino , coutinio , marko all seemly are best through the middle ( from what I've read ) so that means shoe-horning players into positions out wide where they are not likely to prosper.
    We need all these players using 100% of their potential for a realistic top 4 shot .

Exactly, we need the team effect rather than throwing in a load of gifted individuals just to fit them into the same team. If it means dropping Firmino or Markovic to the bench, so be it. If we line up something like this next season with everyone in their right positions, we could make serious progress:
    Mig
    Clyne
    Skrtel
    Sakho
    Moreno/New LB
    Henderson
    Milner
    Ibe/Markovic
    Coutinho/Firmino
    Lallana/Reus (:D)
    Benteke/Sturridge/Ings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

rob316 wrote: »
    Coutinho actually plays his best football out on the left and is then left to roam into the centre. He can isolate and commit players out there, he struggles to break through 2 CB generally.

Fully agree. Been saying for a while that he is actually predominantly used out wide for us. Certainly was last year anyyway, playing both LW and RW with a license to roam.

He rarely started as a CAM.

I expect him to be used the same next year, tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭garra

slingerz wrote: »
    I still think Rodgers will be lucky to make xmas given the way the fixtures have fallen and his current standing after last season

I don't reckon the difficulty level of the fixtures will play a part in his future over one part of the season, unless FSG are short-sighted enough to set a "minimum number of points gained by Xmas" target. If he was lucky enough to survive the latter half of last season I don't see FSG suddenly going trigger-happy on the management at Xmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Also, Lallana is a forgotten man on here, a lot. Fair enough, as he had a fairly disruptive and underwhelming first year, but I do expect him to be a good player for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Knex. wrote: »
    Also, Lallana is a forgotten man on here, a lot. Fair enough, as he had a fairly disruptive and underwhelming first year, but I do expect him to be a good player for us.

I think he can do a job for us and is likely to have a better year than last year ,but as a squad player ,I think he nevers gets into our fighting fit starting eleven.Would have him on par with Allen for importance , will get lots of game time over a season but only starts to rest a mainstay or because of injury .
    I actually think the end of our run in the new year came from trying to shoe him into the side.

I agree, but there's something about his attitude I cannot stand. The talent is there to be a regular starter for us or a bench player for a huge team, but he's ridiculously inconsistent. I think that has something to do with his attitude. Depending on who you believe, being called up to the England squad really inflated his ego.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Needs to stay fit and he will deliver I think the guy is a very good player. Showed signs of it last season but anytime he was starting to find some form he would pick up an injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

ricero wrote: »
    Needs to stay fit and he will deliver I think the guy is a very good player. Showed signs of it last season but anytime he was starting to find some form he would pick up an injury.

He's an excellent player, used in the right position and when we are on the front foot. Two good feet, can finish, can put a player in on goal, and can play 90 mins regularly without looking jaded (unlike STERLING...) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,276 ✭✭✭slingerz

martyos121 wrote: »
    Exactly, we need the team effect rather than throwing in a load of gifted individuals just to fit them into the same team. If it means dropping Firmino or Markovic to the bench, so be it. If we line up something like this next season with everyone in their right positions, we could make serious progress:
    Mig
    Clyne
    Skrtel
    Sakho
    Moreno/New LB
    Henderson
    Milner
    Ibe/Markovic
    Coutinho/Firmino
    Benteke/Sturridge/Ings

Mig/Bogdan
    Clyne/Wisdom/Flanno
    Skrtel/Toure/Ilori
    Sakho/Lovren
    Moreno/New LB
    Henderson/Can
    Milner/Allen/Lucas
    Ibe/Markovic
    Coutinho/Firmino
    Benteke/Sturridge/Ings/Origi

Not a bad squad in that lot. Obviously Reus and Benteke make it look a lot stronger than what it is currently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Lallana's attitude seems fine to me. Always works his socks off & gets a decent amounts of goals & assists for the minutes he got last year. Overpriced like the majority of signings nowadays but he is a good player to have in the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Dickerty wrote: »
    and can play 90 mins regularly without looking jaded (unlike STERLING...) ;)

What !
    Adam is renowned for being a player who rarely finishing the 90 mins.
    In fact is probably up there as one of the worst of all time for playing a full 90 mins !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

martyos121 wrote: »
    I agree, but there's something about his attitude I cannot stand. The talent is there to be a regular starter for us or a bench player for a huge team, but he's ridiculously inconsistent. I think that has something to do with his attitude. Depending on who you believe, being called up to the England squad really inflated his ego.

I think his attitude is spot on in that awful finish to the season he was one of the few who looked like he gave a ****. His problem is fitness which hopefully he can sort out this season.

slingerz wrote: »
    Mig/Bogdan
    Clyne/Wisdom/Flanno
    Skrtel/Toure/Ilori
    Sakho/Lovren
    Moreno/New LB
    Henderson/Can
    Milner/Allen/Lucas
    Ibe/Markovic
    Coutinho/Firmino
    Benteke/Sturridge/Ings/Origi

Not a bad squad in that lot. Obviously Reus and Benteke make it look a lot stronger than what it is currently

That's a deep squad, but there's a big problem there. Squads with this kind of strength in depth are usually peppered with world beaters. It's very clear who the stars are and it makes picking the starting XI and bench a lot easier.

The problem with us is that there isn't an awful lot of difference in quality in most of those positions. The only ones where we have a clear number 1 are goalkeeper, right centre half and both holding mids, and none of those are world class in fairness. It's a nice problem to have, but I'd rather things were more obvious like 08/09 where we had a 100% established core, which we arguably had in 13/14 too, albeit with major flaws that cost us when push came to shove.

Here's my ideal team if we had another £50m to invest this summer after Benteke:
    Mig
    Clyne
    Skrtel
    Sakho
    Moreno
    Henderson
    Matuidi
    Milner
    Coutinho
    Pedro
    Sturridge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,891 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

How funny would be if he failed it.

• Advertisement

Not that funny for us, can't see any other crowd of eejits team paying £49m for an overhyped Shaun Wright-Phillips

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,542 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

As it's Sterling it would be gas alright!

What !
    Adam is renowned for being a player who rarely finishing the 90 mins.
    In fact is probably up there as one of the worst of all time for playing a full 90 mins !

Not true. That only applies to last year, when he was in and out of the team.
    Previous year, he played at least 85 minutes in 27 of 38 league games, featured in every league game.
    Prior season to that, played almost every minute until an injury in December, and was in and out for the last dozen or so games, but still averaged about 75 mins a game. Southampton were very fond of subbing off attackers to get minutes for Rodriquez, Ramirez and Ward-Prowse...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Did Rodgers say anything about why Balotelli was not on the tour?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Liverpool FC ‏@LFC 1m1 minute ago

Confirmed #LFC first-half XI in Bangkok: Bogdan, Gomez, Toure, Sakho, Wisdom, Lucas, Rossiter, Teixeira, Markovic, Ings, Lambert #LFCTour

Confirmed #LFC second-half XI: Mignolet, Clyne, Skrtel, Lovren, Maguire, Allen, Henderson, Milner, Ibe, Lallana, Origi #LFCTour

The 2nd half looks more exciting already!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Not true. That only applies to last year, when he was in and out of the team.
    Previous year, he played at least 85 minutes in 27 of 38 league games, featured in every league game.
    Prior season to that, played almost every minute until an injury in December, and was in and out for the last dozen or so games, but still averaged about 75 mins a game. Southampton were very fond of subbing off attackers to get minutes for Rodriquez, Ramirez and Ward-Prowse...

I did notice that, I remember Adam getting subbed a lots, 80 plus mins in.

The line-up in full: Bogdan, Gomez, Toure, Sakho, Wisdom, Lucas, Rossiter, Teixeira, Markovic, Ings, Lambert.

The team in the second half is: Mignolet, Clyne, Skrtel, Lovren, Maguire, Allen, Henderson, Milner, Ibe, Lallana, Origi.

Additional substitutes: Fulton, Cleary, Moreno, Chirivella, Kent, Wilson, Ojo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I think Lovern will come good this season, same with Lallana.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Considering his injuries and our poor play in general I thought he did well and fully expect him to kick on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭54and56

Additional substitutes: Fulton, Cleary, Moreno, Chirivella, Kent, Wilson, Ojo.

Why is Moreno not getting a game? Did he sneak out of the team hotel for a little ping pong action last night?

goMQ0NT.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

gafferino wrote: »
    Did Rodgers say anything about why Balotelli was not on the tour?

His dad died recently, its compassionate leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,737 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Ian Ayre leaving the Sterling negotiations

https://vine.co/v/evDM79pxzXa

Why is Moreno not getting a game?

Maybe a slight injury, or feeling the heat more than most?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Lallana wasnt far off last year, hope he builds on his form and kicks on.

I really hope Lovren sorts himself out, he has the attributes to be excellent but he needs some help woth focus and handling the pressure. The price tag really got into his head.

Why is Moreno not getting a game?/QUOTE]

Maybe a slight injury, or feeling the heat more than most?

My first thought was to look to see if Lambert is playing, I can see the heat really killing him given his size and age etc. plus Moreno is Spanish, surely he's a bit more used to the heat than most?

• Advertisement

I really hope Lovren sorts himself out, he has the attributes to be excellent but he needs some help woth focus and handling the pressure. The price tag really got into his head.
    Hopefully the price tag is last years story given how many new signings we have and he'll just get back to being the player he was at Southampton in 13/14.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

We desperately need Lovren to do the business, the alternative is Kolo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Remember when we hopped off Dortmund in preseason

And then we both went on to have awful seasons.

The only game where Lovren looked liked the beast he was meant to be.

Hopefully he can play with the pressure off now, I mean it couldn't get any worse could it......?

:pac:

Did Sinclair ask to leave or what happened there?

Breakdown in contract negotiations seems to be the consensus and that it's solveable.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Did Sinclair ask to leave or what happened there?

No one knows but that hasn't stopped everyone speculating.

Has anyone found a *cough* you know.

Bound to be speculation I guess.

Yeah, hopefully it gets resolved soon

Has anyone found a *cough* you know.

Watching the build-up legit as we speak!
    The joys of having an office... :D

I've found a youtube link but not sure what the story is, don;t they have an agreement to cover sport

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

A very uninspiring new thread.

No match-thread for the Thai All-Stars El Classico?

Kolo Toure with the captain's armband is nearly as depressing as Mark Lawrenson on co-commentary on LFC.tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,916 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

And Markovic makes it 1-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Have we got reus or lacazette yet? Whats taking us so long:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Markovic 1-0

GOALSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Teixeira showing his quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

1-0..................Markovic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

Yesssss, get in Markovic!!!

Lawrenson having a stormer already. "The problem with the Thais has always been that they spend too much time ball watching."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Have we got reus or lacazette yet? Whats taking us so long:confused:
    Waiting till we complete the Benteke and Downing signings first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Nice to see Markovic stay on his feet as the keeper came out and not chicken out from a challenge as he so often did last season.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement