Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

PauloMN wrote: »
    Away leg is but not tonight's home game as far as I know. Only on Celtic TV for subscribers outside of the UK and Ireland.

Thought by sports had rights to all champions league games like

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

And Boyata heads in his first goal for Celtic, 1-0.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Johansen makes it 2-0. Settled into it now, expect another 1 or 2 before FT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Very average performance to be kind to Celtic even for this stage of the season. Stjarnan had several chances before the 2nd goal which came without much pressure on our defence.

Hopefully Griffiths adds a few goals here

Griffiths has a penalty saved. The Stjarnan keeper has been their best player tonight, some decent saves.

To be honest, it's no bad thing to be playing a side like this at this stage. I wouldn't like to be going into the next couple of rounds having no competitive games played against the quality of sides that can crop up at that stage of the qualifiers.

Another decent save from Neilsen the Stjarnan keeper. Could have been 4 or 5 for Celtic in this game, hopefully the passing and finishing will improve over the next few games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Good result. Clean sheet and I expect ye to score over there. 98% there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

I see the united kingdom and the republic of ireland's Anthony Stokes came off the bench

• Registered Users Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

I see the united kingdom and the republic of ireland's Anthony Stokes came off the bench

What's this?

• Advertisement

Should have enough in hand to see the tie out next week and should come on a bit for the run out.

A 3rd goal would've been better though and the penalty was the ideal opportunity to get it. Squabbling over who takes penalties is amateur hour stuff. Ronny says he wants to stamp that out, he should fine Johanson for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

TheCitizen wrote: »
    What's this?

Assuming it's a dig at the BBC's reporting on Conor McGregor's win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭eire4

Should have enough in hand to see the tie out next week and should come on a bit for the run out.

A 3rd goal would've been better though and the penalty was the ideal opportunity to get it. Squabbling over who takes penalties is amateur hour stuff. Ronny says he wants to stamp that out, he should fine Johanson for it.

Should be ok I would agree. They will have to come out a bit and have a go in the second leg so hopefully that will allow us the space to get an away goal or two to kill off the tie. It would have been great to kill off the tie last night and we certainly had the chances to do so. But at least we are in a strong position and with that game under our belt will hopefully be sharper next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Very Bored

Sorry if this isn't the correct place to post this. This is my first post on the soccer forum and I'm not sure whether I should start a separate thread for this or post here. If I'm incorrect please understand that I'm not doing it to cause problems.

I have a possibility that I could move to Edinburgh over the next few weeks (though its far from confirmed at the moment). If this does come to pass I'd be interested in taking a season ticket at Parkhead. I'd be looking for a part of the ground with good (loud - ultra style so Green Brigade esque) atmosphere. However, I don't want to spend a fortune either (Celtic aren't my first team, in fact my first team, the reasons for which is a long story, is Inter) so what recommendations do ye have?

Thanks for any help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Very Bored wrote: »
    Sorry if this isn't the correct place to post this. This is my first post on the soccer forum and I'm not sure whether I should start a separate thread for this or post here. If I'm incorrect please understand that I'm not doing it to cause problems.

I have a possibility that I could move to Edinburgh over the next few weeks (though its far from confirmed at the moment). If this does come to pass I'd be interested in taking a season ticket at Parkhead. I'd be looking for a part of the ground with good (loud - ultra style so Green Brigade esque) atmosphere. However, I don't want to spend a fortune either (Celtic aren't my first team, in fact my first team, the reasons for which is a long story, is Inter) so what recommendations do ye have?

Thanks for any help.

The green bridge section is 112 if I remember rightly.
    I haven't been over in 4 years due to adopting 3 extra kids... That's 7 now so I'll be fielding my own team soon enough.
    You haven't a hope of getting into the greenbridade section, but there do be seats free from time to time in the spill over areas.... The ticket office will advise you of a "singing section" at the far side of the ground, but it's a misnomer... I've heard louder at Mass.

I haven't been over in 4 years due to adopting 3 extra kids... That's 7 now so I'll be fielding my own team soon enough.
    You haven't a hope of getting into the greenbridade section, but there do be seats free from time to time in the spill over areas.... The ticket office will advise you of a "singing section" at the far side of the ground, but it's a misnomer... I've heard louder at Mass.

What about the section above the Green Brigade? Inter's ultras go in secondo anello verde but terzo anello verde (the one immediately above them) is usually great because you get the atmosphere, there are often very passionate people in that section too but you also get to see the game clearly.

• Advertisement

What about the section above the Green Brigade? Inter's ultras go in secondo anello verde but terzo anello verde (the one immediately above them) is usually great because you get the atmosphere, there are often very passionate people in that section too but you also get to see the game clearly.

I've never been a fan of the upper tiers myself... I don't feel like the atmosphere carries up very well.
    Try sections 110-114 for this season and then transfer to the safe standing area that should be introduces next season.... That's were the atmosphere is going to be magnified when it is up and running.

I've never been a fan of the upper tiers myself... I don't feel like the atmosphere carries up very well.
    Try sections 110-114 for this season and then transfer to the safe standing area that should be introduces next season.... That's were the atmosphere is going to be magnified when it is up and running.

OK, thanks. I seem to be finding that the prices at Celtic Park are all pretty uniform, is that correct? I presume the safe standing area would also be cheaper if it comes in next year?

Obviously, this all would depend on whether or not I end up moving to Edinburgh. I'd love to but a few things have to fall my way for it to happen and I'd have to persuade my wife a little bit too.

Safe standing areas in Europe do tend to be cheaper but that's no indication that celtic will do the same... If there is money to be milked from the fans you can be sure they'll try to milk it.
    I'd expect demand for the standing section to be quite high... Assuming the allocated numbers of about 2000 are correct

Safe standing areas in Europe do tend to be cheaper but that's no indication that celtic will do the same... If there is money to be milked from the fans you can be sure they'll try to milk it.
    I'd expect demand for the standing section to be quite high... Assuming the allocated numbers of about 2000 are correct

What is the overall atmosphere at Celtic Park like these days? No offence meant, but we already know that Celtic will win the league this season as has been the case each summer for the last few years. Are there still games that the crowd gets excited for?

What is the overall atmosphere at Celtic Park like these days? No offence meant, but we already know that Celtic will win the league this season as has been the case each summer for the last few years. Are there still games that the crowd gets excited for?

I can't honestly say as I haven't been for a while. 4+ years for me... But even then it was a world of a difference between an ordinary league game and a game against the old r*ngers or a European fixture.
    That's not to say there's anything wrong with the ordinary games... Just that the special games are electric!

• Advertisement

Balde gone to Metz - total flop and waste of £1.8m:
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33548980

Celtic win 4-1 friendly v SD Eibar:
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-match-reports/celtic-4-sd-eibar-1-6094453

Bailly played instead of Gordon, and saved a spot kick. Griffiths scored a hat-trick, Ambrose with the other goal. Good confidence booster hopefully for the CL qualifiers.

Celtic have wasted a huge amount of money in fees and wages on strikers in the last 10 years. I wonder if anyone has added it up.

Balde showed potential and glimpses of what he could do but thats all. Zero consistency and playing for Celtic is all about consistency

Griffiths is the best finisher at the club but I think Ciftci is the type of player that brings the midfield in to the final 3rd better. If Griffths could add to his game without turning into what Stokes has become and what McDonald did to his physique, he'd be great but its unlikely Ciftci is lacking finishing at the moment but I'm hoping that its a lack of match sharpness moreso than not having the knack for it.

The Aberdeen games the last couple of years have been good and I imagine will be again this year. With Hearts back up that should be another set of games with a good atmosphere. Those would be the main ones but other games like Dundee United for instance can be good as well just depending on where they fall in the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Intifada

In normal league games it's only the GB that make much noise so do try and sit near them - it's a better atmosphere than English Prem games at least. Europe takes care of itself, no better place to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Fair play to you mate, that's fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

There's availability in 109, 113 and 114 according to the Celtic website.

Thanks everyone for the advice. If my plans work out and I end up in Edinburgh then I will certainly look into it. I have to admit, the first season, I might go to a few matches (that ye have outlined) and tread my feet with the atmosphere. As an Interista, and subsequently someone who regularly attends Italian football, you can keep English football. The standard may well, currently, be better than in Italy or Scotland but the atmosphere is like a chess match.

Also, as someone who is particularly republican I think I'd enjoy the Celtic atmosphere.

Are the GB like our ultras? Basically in the sense that they constantly make noise? Also, are they policed? Our ultras aren't. I'd like to see what happened to a carabiniere if he went into curva nord lol.

Celtic are suffering stage fright...again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

celtic one down

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Fcuk sake Celtic, comedy defending we've come to expect from Celtic away in European games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,283 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

School boy defending

School boy defending

Dont be insulting schoolboys football

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Soups123

This on TV?

Soups123 wrote: »
    This on TV?

BT Sports 1

Nice 1.

Ah sure we're just being reminded that we are Celtic away in Europe!

No panic... yet. One Celtic goal will change everything.

And there we go. Tie over.

PauloMN wrote: »
    Ah sure we're just being reminded that we are Celtic away in Europe!

No panic... yet. One Celtic goal will change everything.

And there we go. Tie over.

LOL, got a good laugh at that for some reason!

Went from negative to hopeful to cynical in a matter of seconds :D

Easy finish for Biton.

Celtic slowly coming to terms with the pitch, should get a few more goals as the confidence grows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

1-1 game over

• Advertisement

Strathan already look tired. 2nd half should be interesting.

I've jumped ship- Dundalk on rte is a better watch

damian139 wrote: »
    I've jumped ship- Dundalk on rte is a better watch

Watching both! ;)

Dempsey wrote: »
    Watching both! ;)

maith an fear!

Quarabag gone 1 up away in their game.

damian139 wrote: »
    maith an fear!

They are both horrendous to watch for different reasons!
    Quarabag gone 1 up away in their game.

Least it aint Kazakhstan we have to go!!

• Advertisement

Goal from Griffith's to wrap it up, he needs to start next week. Cifti will come good but for these games we need a striker up to speed and in form

Johansen adds another to finish it off, decent performance after the 1st 20 mins once they got to grips with the pitch.

Going to be tougher next week, Qarabag have some decent scalps in the last few years.

Dempsey wrote: »

Least it aint Kazakhstan we have to go!!

Azerbaijan long enough trip. Away leg is the 2nd leg. Have heard they're a decent outfit.

Easy in the end. Sloppy goal to concede though and the problem there is that against better opposition we might not get chances to put that right should it happen.

These qualifiers are always nervy. Roll on next week.

Qarabag's European record here. Definitely a tougher test than Stjarnan, these guys are no mugs, and we'll need a very good home result - with a clean sheet preferably - to take over there. Going there with a slim lead will be nervy at best, esp. in that heat in unfamiliar territory.

It's got Karagandy written all over it, except possibly in reverse!!

Decent performance overall. Giving up the early goal could have caused a wobble but we responded well and dominated the game and once Biton headed in the equalizer the tie was over as a contest and it was just about winning the tie on the night and although the third and fourth goals came late on we were well worth the win and the 4-1 score line in the end.

So Quarabag next up. A trip into the unknow but hopefully we can build on these first 2 games and get a good result and clean sheet in the first leg next week.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement