Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Champions again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

CEAwjen_WMAESTVH.jpg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Well done Ronny and bhoys, 4 in a row. Closer than I would have expected in the end between us and Aberdeen, credit to them for keeping it tight.

Should be good competition next season with Hearts back, looking forward to playing them again. Hard to know who'll make up the last slot in the Premiership, should be some good games in there. Looks like the winner of Hibs v (3rd or 4th) will play Motherwell. Fatigue could play a part in it for Rangers with 6 games to play to reach the Premiership (assuming all those games are over two legs?).

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭rosskind

Quite a few clubs who could add something to the top flight, I hope they're at least considering an expansion. More excitement, less repetition of fixtures and sorts out the unnecessary uneven home and away games thing. Change much needed imo.

Johansen & Denayer win tonight the PoTY & YPoTY awards.. well done

CEGz_D_QWAAAUk4_G.jpg

Ronnie misses out to Hughes for the MoTY award, this was expected I think after the media campaign

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Of course it's s media campaign nothin to do with thd fact the massive underdog deserved it.

Deserve? It is the former not the latter

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭rosskind

If you'd have predicted the four managers achievements before the start of the season, I'd say the most impressive goes McInnes, Nielson, Hughes, Deila. I think Hughes has won it on the back of the semi final, often a lot of recency bias in end of season awards. Aberdeen and Hearts were excellent all year, to unprecedented levels.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

rosskind wrote: »
    If you'd have predicted the four managers achievements before the start of the season, I'd say the most impressive goes McInnes, Nielson, Hughes, Deila. I think Hughes has won it on the back of the semi final, often a lot of recency bias in end of season awards. Aberdeen and Hearts were excellent all year, to unprecedented levels.

Totally agree with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

It would have been a sad indictment of Scottish Football if Deila won Manager of the year. He took a title winning team and made hard work of winning the league all because he changed things to quickly. Hughes, Neilson or McInnes are far more deserving of the accolade this season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Of course it's s media campaign nothin to do with thd fact the massive underdog deserved it.

Did Ally win anything at the Flower Show??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Dempsey wrote: »
    It would have been a sad indictment of Scottish Football if Deila won Manager of the year. He took a title winning team and made hard work of winning the league all because he changed things to quickly. Hughes, Neilson or McInnes are far more deserving of the accolade this season

Why would Neilson be in the running, did they not have a different manager of the year award for the Championship?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭eire4

What a fantastic few days for the club. A terrific performance against Dundee truly did deserve to be the title winning performance and now we have Stefan Johansen and Jason Denayer well deserved too announced as Player of the year and young player of the year.

Celtic's new home and away kits unveiled by the club and New Balance today.

CELB0IBW0AE8gpb.png

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Why would Neilson be in the running, did they not have a different manager of the year award for the Championship?

Didn't think the pfa awards were segregated for the manager award

• Advertisement

Like the away kit. Looks a bit like an Irish top from the 70's or early 80's.

INPHO_00100715.jpg

Like the away kit. Looks a bit like an Irish top from the 70's or early 80's.

INPHO_00100715.jpg

It does have a similar look doesn't it. By the way that top was from the mid 80's. Still one of my favourite Ireland tops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

It's a lot like the current Norn Iron effort too.

the graphic mock ups always look a bit cartoony but I reckon they could look nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

eire4 wrote: »

CELB0IBW0AE8gpb.png

Hadn't seen the away kit before, love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

CELB0IBW0AE8gpb.png

The away kit wasn't unveiled by anyone. It was "leaked" online. Nothing to say it's the real one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Intifada

Why does Hughes deserve manager of the year? Is finishing a considering distance off 2nd, getting to the Cup semi and getting put out by a lower league team in the first round of the LC worthy of that award? Should have gone to McInnes.
    The away kit wasn't unveiled by anyone. It was "leaked" online. Nothing to say it's the real one.
    So was the home one and it was basically spot on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭RoisinD

Intifada wrote: »
    Why does Hughes deserve manager of the year? Is finishing a considering distance off 2nd, getting to the Cup semi and getting put out by a lower league team in the first round of the LC worthy of that award? Should have gone to McInnes.

So was the home one and it was basically spot on

Their playing style was quite good and ict have one of the smaller budgets.

Aberdeen did well but they are where they expect to be given their playing budget. Doesn't bother me which one won. It would have bothered me if Deila did tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Anyone know where I might be able to get my hands on the 125th anniversary jersey?

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Anyone know where I might be able to get my hands on the 125th anniversary jersey?

Try looking on ebay there is usually plenty of Celtic jersey's up for grabs there.

Their playing style was quite good and ict have one of the smaller budgets.

Aberdeen did well but they are where they expect to be given their playing budget. Doesn't bother me which one won. It would have bothered me if Deila did tbh

I just don't think Hughes would have got the nod had they not "qualified" for the final, something that is obviously marred by corruption.

CEhRNy9WgAAzjv8.jpg

Between coins and drinks at Neil Lennon last season, pies at Brown yesterday and title hopes this year Aberdeen have a real thing for throwing things.

Between coins and drinks at Neil Lennon last season, pies at Brown yesterday and title hopes this year Aberdeen have a real thing for throwing things.

Aberdeen despise anything with a winning menality. They love their players though, funny that. ..

12 points from 4 games against them, our nearest competitors. Pies is all they had left to throw!

• Advertisement

Digs aside, while they never challenged us Aberdeen did have a very good season. They can finish on 80 points, ten more than last season's runners up and only 3 less than Rangers did in their final season without their points deduction.

Digs aside, while they never challenged us Aberdeen did have a very good season. They can finish on 80 points, ten more than last season's runners up and only 3 less than Rangers did in their final season without their points deduction.

2nd biggest playing budget in the league will do that for ya. Like Celtic, the achieved what was expected of them.

They have made progress but not enough tbh. I questioned their mentality during the season because they didnt get results when they had the chance to really turn the screw on Celtic. Deila hit the nail on the head. They'll never win a title or get close unless they truly believe they can get the better of Celtic.

I wonder how many fringe players and youngsters we will see playing now in the final 2 league games. I imagine with Rogic on the bench this weekend we may finally get to see him back on the field in a Celtic shirt. Scepovic maybe gets a couple of starts up front to see what he can do. Fisher and O'Connell maybe getting a look at the back.

I wonder how many fringe players and youngsters we will see playing now in the final 2 league games. I imagine with Rogic on the bench this weekend we may finally get to see him back on the field in a Celtic shirt. Scepovic maybe gets a couple of starts up front to see what he can do. Fisher and O'Connell maybe getting a look at the back.

O'Connell should definitely get a couple of starts.

VVD is being linked with Spurs and Arsenal among others. If those two are really interested he'll be away and for a bit more than 10 million I reckon. Denayer unlikely to stay either so we need to fix the centre of defense before the qualifiers.

O'Connell should definitely get a couple of starts.

VVD is being linked with Spurs and Arsenal among others. If those two are really interested he'll be away and for a bit more than 10 million I reckon. Denayer unlikely to stay either so we need to fix the centre of defense before the qualifiers.

I think this could be our big big problem, bad enough losing one excellent CB but two? Those two lads have been immense for us this season.

2nd biggest playing budget in the league will do that for ya. Like Celtic, the achieved what was expected of them.
    I'm not praising them for coming 2nd I'm praising them for having a good season.

Celtic had the biggest budget in the league last season and still had an outstanding championship.

However I do think the gap will be wider next season as we won't come out of the blocks as slowly.

Not bad for a season where we had a change of manager. Should have been in the cup final as well really.

Poxy CL qualifiers come around very quickly though, will need to be on the ball with transfers in an out.

PauloMN wrote: »
    Poxy CL qualifiers come around very quickly though
    Not quick enough. Can't wait for a crack at Europe with this team :) just hope we don't take 2 steps back again

PauloMN wrote: »
    I think this could be our big big problem, bad enough losing one excellent CB but two? Those two lads have been immense for us this season.

No doubt about it if we lose both center backs that will be a reall problem for us. They have been absolute rocks especially with Gordon playing so well behind them in net. I think Van Dijk is not certain to leave though. I suspect his status will depend on what happens in the champions league qualifiers. If we make the group stages he will stay I think.

• Advertisement

Disgusted.....not a patch on the "New Pioneers" painting. :pac::D

Joking aside, that timeline looks fantastic. Great work Celtic.

Those pics look great. Celtic really have done some good work to spruce up the approach to the stadium with the Celtic way and those giant posters look great too.

Night pic

10h5d3a.jpg

Very nice

It does look great doesn't it. Should look great for next weekends title party.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Why is their no fans at it? Was same as the last cup final between the 2 youth sides a while back?

Their use to be a good few thousand at these and a great atmopshere

Finished 5-2 to Celtic, goals on the SFA twitter feed

https://twitter.com/ScottishFA

Why is their no fans at it? Was same as the last cup final between the 2 youth sides a while back?

Their use to be a good few thousand at these and a great atmopshere

They were not allowed. Basically it was kept closed doors. I imagine only relatives of players and staff allowed in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

They were not allowed. Basically it was kept closed doors. I imagine only relatives of players and staff allowed in.

For what reason? Is this over the top policing yeh?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement