Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Full 22 man travelling squad, incase people didnt click the link :

Cech
    Courtois
    Blackman

Ivanovic
    Cahill
    Terry
    Azpilicueta
    Christensen
    Zouma
    Filipe Luis

Fabregas
    Ake
    Ramires
    Loftus-Cheek
    Matic

Oscar
    Willian
    Cuadrado
    Hazard

Drogba
    Remy
    Diego Costa

Solanke is on fire this year,needs a big loan next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

3-0 tammy Abraham 29th of the Season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

29th of the season for him.

3-0 ft

6th Youth Cup semi final in a row, we have by far the most talent at Youth level, just a shame most of them will probably never get a chance.

I rang sky today with a technical issue and they said there was an offer of 3 months chelsea tv for half price , I already had it but they gave it to me , if anybody is interested

Johner wrote: »
    6th Youth Cup semi final in a row, we have by far the most talent at Youth level, just a shame most of them will probably never get a chance.

The step up is huge though.

Its a first team full of world class, full international players across the 20 + players.

Theres a few I hope that do make it though and it may take until theyre 20-21 but a few of them have really bright futures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

peteeeed wrote: »
    I rang sky today with a technical issue and they said there was an offer of 3 months chelsea tv for half price , I already had it but they gave it to me , if anybody is interested

I just got so p;ssed off with sky lately I rang them up and told them to p;ss off!

Then I bought a vu+ box.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Big game this week, one of the ties of the round, up there with Dortmund v Juventus and City v Barca.

I think Dortmund will either wipe the floor with them, or get wiped themselves. Depends whether or not the Bundesliga Dortmund show up(you know what I mean)

I pray for another goal like this sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Fabregas has the flu and it is 50/50 whether he'll start or not, will be assessed tomorrow to see. I can definitely see Ramires starting in his place. Apparently Courtois get's the nod ahead of Cech too.

Hes got that in his locker, if only he done it more regularly, hes still young and to think that in 3-5 years guys like him ,Hazard, Zouma and Courtois will be coming into their prime, its a scary though.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Fabregas has the flu and it is 50/50 whether he'll start or not, will be assessed tomorrow to see. I can definitely see Ramires starting in his place. Apparently Courtois get's the nod ahead of Cech too.

Ramires energy is good, if he can have a good Ramires game then we'll be fine, if he has a stinker, we'll be in the horrors and Matic will have to effectively take on a 3 man CM

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Ramires energy is good, if he can have a good Ramires game then we'll be fine, if he has a stinker, we'll be in the horrors and Matic will have to effectively take on a 3 man CM

Even if Ramires doesn't excel I'm confident we can match them in midfield, Oscar will drop deep and help out whenever required and he should have tons of energy because he was rested against Everton.

• Advertisement

Costa hasnt scored in any competition other than the EPL am i correct?

About time that changed. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭Killinator

Costa hasnt scored in any competition other than the EPL am i correct?

About time that changed. ;)

Given how eager he looked behind the bench in the last game I reckon he'll need to be strapped down in the dressing room pre-game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Buzzing for this. Nothing beats big Champions League nights. As Gav said, Costa is due outside of the Premiership, a goal tomorrow and a hattrick against Spurs Sunday week would clear that up!

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Buzzing for this. Nothing beats big Champions League nights. As Gav said, Costa is due outside of the Premiership, a goal tomorrow and a hattrick against Spurs Sunday week would clear that up!

As long as we win either game ill be happy no matter who scores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Costa has been dropped for the cups anyway so he was fresh for the leage. Now he'll play every game until the of the season as long as hes able.

Phoenix wrote: »
    Tasty alright!

Big night for Spurs and Liverpool tonight too.

They're hoping to build on the fine quality of pancakes they produced this day last year.

As long as we're not flat as the aforementioned pancakes tonight I'll be happy :D

I'm quietly confident anyway.

If Hazard hadnt signed a contract I'd be a bit more worried about Thiago Silva trying butter him up.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/psg-vs-chelsea-eden-hazard-is-not-just-good-he-is-very-good-says-skipper-thiago-silva-10048841.html
    despite Hazard also saying he was never interested in a move to the French capital, Brazil centre-back Thiago Silva has said that that the winger would have been "very welcome" in Paris.

hes not just good, he is very good!! If he really comes, he will be very welcome."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

No wonder, Van Gaal is as bad as Moyes, if not worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Is there no match thread?

Is there no match thread?

Feel free to satrt one, was too busy in work. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=94328866#post94328866

Done although pretty miserable, I am in work too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Feel free to satrt one, was too busy in work. :o

Hope your working untill 10 tonight :P

• Advertisement

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Hope your working untill 10 tonight :P

I am :o

team Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Ramires, Matic; Willian, Fabregas, Hazard; Diego Costa

subs Cech, Filipe Luis, Zouma, Oscar, Cuadrado, Drogba, Remy.

I am :o

Lol 10-0 win so :D

na feel bad for ya missing the game

Lol 10-0 win so :D

na feel bad for ya missing the game

I'm not bothered missing it as long as we win.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Thought this was an interesting article - who is the best striker Mourinho has worked with.

http://www.goal.com/en-ie/news/3940/uefa-champions-league/2015/02/16/8969602/zlatan-drogba-ronaldo-milito-or-diego-costa-who-is-mourinhos?ICID=AR_PN_7

Drogba do you think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Well it was a good result in the end... Not a fear of cahill getting a game in the second leg, never seen a top flight cb lose every single aerial challenge in a game...

Costa didn't do enough but at home hopefully will get more chances. Would have Oscar in for ramires in the second leg too.

Good result, Meh performance.

Ramires and Gary Cahill is as good as playing with 9 out there. Truth be told Rambo hasn't had a good game in about 2 years now and was awful tonight.

Cahill was no where near Cavani for the goal, Nor was he anywhere near the ball when it was put in our box. We have one of the best young CBs in the world on the bench for him, and he clearly isn't reacting well to having competition for places.

Oh, and Verrati should have been sent off for a) 2 bookings, how many fouls did he commit? Seemed around 10 and b) His lunge that he got the yellow for. Bad tackle.

Courtois is fantastic. Terry was excellent and Azpi put in a fine display also.

PSG aren't great, I expect us to go through comfortably at the bridge

Result, good.

Performance, poor.

Job, done.

Thats the only way to sum it up. I think Cahill has to do much better for the goal he mis judged the cross too badly for a top class cb.

Id be confident of zouma clearing that, he has a huge leap on him.

• Advertisement

Ramires and Gary Cahill is as good as playing with 9 out there. Truth be told Rambo hasn't had a good game in about 2 years now and was awful tonight.

Cahill was no where near Cavani for the goal, Nor was he anywhere near the ball when it was put in our box. We have one of the best young CBs in the world on the bench for him, and he clearly isn't reacting well to having competition for places.

Oh, and Verrati should have been sent off for a) 2 bookings, how many fouls did he commit? Seemed around 10 and b) His lunge that he got the yellow for. Bad tackle.

TimRiggins wrote: »

Had ibra or cavani stuck away their chances i wouldnt have complained they deserved to win on general play and chances created but if ya cant take them ya make tbe 2nd leg hard for yourself.

Weve a slight advantage so hopefully we can do the business now.

Costa is anonymous in games where Chelsea don't have a good spell of possession around the opponent's box. He doesn't have the pace to beat defenders. Were crying out for a pacey forward all night with the exceptionally high line they were playing.

Jose says 5 players didnt train all week.

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    Costa is anonymous in games where Chelsea don't have a good spell of possession around the opponent's box. He doesn't have the pace to beat defenders. Were crying out for a pacey forward all night with the exceptionally high line they were playing.

Costa's general play is poor in my opinion, doesn't seem to be able to make a simple pass or hold the ball up.
    Hazard was fouled a rediculus amount of times.

Costa's hold up play is usually good, his passing could improve though.

• Advertisement

Think its time for cahil to warm the bench tbh. I always liked him and still do but I just dont trust him anymore. Zouma should be the new no.1

I heard also that we basically have stones signed in the summer?? Think hed b a decent replacement for terry

I can imagine Everton slapping a big price tag on him.

hes young, talented and English, 20 + million I'd guess.

Hes a good player tho, id pay whatever it took to get him tbh. The fact hes english aswell is a big plus, our omly english players are cahil n terry:o

Was really hoping for a win tonight but I am happy with a draw considering our performance, the real kicker is the shocking defending for the equaliser.
    Reff was very slow to produce any cards but I don't really think we can complain because we were due a couple ourselves which weren't given. Still pretty confident of going through.

Hes a good player tho, id pay whatever it took to get him tbh. The fact hes english aswell is a big plus, our omly english players are cahil n terry:o

Plenty of the younger guys coming up are English, our quota will be ok for a few years.

We've a big call to make though,if in fact varane or Stones are available in the summer we'll have to pull the trigger and get one in so they dont go elsewhere.

Should be interesting to see what happens.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement