Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 NEW WARNING FROM MODS

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Will Shane Duffy get much game time this year?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

yabadabado wrote: »
    Will Shane Duffy get much game time this year?

I doubt it.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

I really hope we get this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaLk9MPnWrk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

eh i dunno wrote: »
    I really hope we get this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaLk9MPnWrk

Me too. The Greek league may not be the highest quality in Europe but 34 goals in 52 games last season is great. Moyes was at the Belgium v Holland match tonight with the lad's agent, so all the signs are good.

Tomorrow seems to be the day. At the moment I'm feeling confident about getting him, if tomorrow passes with nothing then I can just see him holding up an Arsenal shirt in a few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Vellios gone on loan to Sheff Weds. Can only assume this means someone else is on the way in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Voltwad wrote: »
    Vellios gone on loan to Sheff Weds. Can only assume this means someone else is on the way in.

I was surprised that Vellios didn't get more game time last season, although I seen somewhere that we'd have to pay more money for him for appearances.

I always think that loan moves for our players at that age are a good thing.

Voltwad wrote: »

Source? Cant see anything online

Mirallas thing is going backwards very quickly. Rumours have gone from "he's signed", to "subject to medical", to "he's in talks", to "he's on the radar but there has been no official bid".

Still, will be nice to start the season with the bonus 5 points the PL will give us for doing everything the hard way.

From today's press conference:
    Everton manager David Moyes says selling midfielder Jack Rodwell to Manchester City for £12m was a good deal for everyone concerned."I had known about it for a while and I thought it was something that was right for Jack and right for Everton," said the Toffees boss. "It gives us a chance to do a little bit more business in the transfer market having raised the money"Hopefully I will try to add to the squad before the season starts."

If we sign anyone they'll be paraded in front of the crowd at half time on Monday night. Bill loves putting on a show :rolleyes:

Lumbo wrote: »
    From today's press conference:

If we sign anyone they'll be paraded in front of the crowd at half time on Monday night. Bill loves putting on a show :rolleyes:

Wants at least 2 more players. Reckon we need about 5 myself

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Cant get my head around city buying rodwell . Ok hes talented spends a bit of time injured. Wont get to develop at city . Will he just end up as a make weight in a transfer deal or be let go for pretty much nothing in a few years.
    Im really thinking everton may get him back on the cheap in a couple of years.

Olympiakos to make an annoucement at 10pm (that's midnight Greek time, dunno why they're making annoucements then) regarding "Everton and Mirallas". Apparently.

Come on, this has to be it :D

Columbia wrote: »
    Olympiakos to make an annoucement at 10pm (that's midnight Greek time, dunno why they're making annoucements then) regarding "Everton and Mirallas". Apparently.

Come on, this has to be it :D

Looking good http://www.nsno.co.uk/everton-news/2012/08/mirallas-to-join-toffees/?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Mirallas signed , hopefully another stroke of Moyes magic

btw Belgium are putting together some team for WC , with the Hazards, Kompany and Mirallas

thebaz wrote: »
    Mirallas signed , hopefully another stroke of Moyes magic

btw Belgium are putting together some team for WC , with the Hazards, Kompany and Mirallas

The Belgium Ronaldo :D

Can't believe you left Fellaini out of your list but yeah the Belgians have a serious squad coming together.

There's also Van Buyten, Witsel, Defour, Vermaelen, Dembélé, Lukaku.

Anyway, hope we can get some more business done before the end of the window and also manage to hold onto Baines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Lumbo wrote: »
    Can't believe you left Fellaini out of your list but yeah the Belgians have a serious squad coming together.

woops, ;) - a few years ago you could name all the Belgium stars on one hand, then how could i forget that mop of hair, and all those headers

418837_10150986004526277_549911020_n.jpg

Reports from N'lands #mufc have agreed terms with Vitesse left back Alexander Buttner

Hopefully ends the Baines rumours. Excited about this new guy and our attack for the season. First 11 looks very strong

Howard
    Neville Heitinga Distin Baines
    Miralles Gibson Felli Pienaar
    Naismith Jelavic

Bench Mucha Coleman Jags Osman Barkley Anichebe Vellios

Still have Hibbert, Duffy, Junior, Gueye and then a few younger lads like McAleny, Garbutt etc

One or 2 more in and we should get top 6

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Reports from N'lands #mufc have agreed terms with Vitesse left back Alexander Buttner

Hopefully ends the Baines rumours.

I hope Moyes sent Fergie a fax with the words "**** Off" wrote on it. A friend of my Dads thinks he's an United ITK. He was telling me last week how the Baines deal was done and the fee was £12m, United wouldn't be paying a penny more but would still get Baines. I can't wait to rub it in that he was wrong (obviously when the window is closed).

More Owen talk tonight :confused:

• Advertisement

Christ, not Michael Owen, please. 5 goals in 3 years at United.

Can't wait for our season to start :D Feeling really good about the season as a whole, but I am apprehensive about tomorrow. Maybe I've come to expect bad starts (all I can think about is *that* opening day against Arsenal).

United have something of a crisis at CB, however they've just watched pretty much all their rivals have shaky opening days, and they will want to send out a message. A point would be a fantastic start to the season, very little chance of getting anything more than that you'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Owen is on his way to Stoke, according to Ian Abrahams.

"Lovely stuff"

000632B3-10BA-1C93-BA5F80C328EC0262.jpg

United fans taking about putting in a bid for Fellaini :rolleyes:

My best friend supports United and is texting me now, reckons £20m will get Fellaini :pac:

Columbia wrote: »
    My best friend supports United and is texting me now, reckons £20m will get Fellaini :pac:

:P He can double that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

First post in this forum. That was magic. Can't wait for Mirallas in that team.

Very happy Evertonian :D

Mr Whirly wrote: »

Welcome aboard :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

Very solid performance from your lads tonight, I for one am glad that game is out of the way I never look forward to going to Goodison.

You's really have a gem in Fellani it was the complete performance.

So congrats on a job well done and please do the same to City when it comes around and there'll be no hard feelings ;-)

• Advertisement

The cautious optimism of the summer has now melted away to wild optimism in the face of that result.

Record from our last 11 league games: won 7 drew 4 lost 0 gd+15
    Record from our last 5 home games: won 5 drew 0 lost 0 gd+13

*cue 1-0 defeat at Villa*
    Mr Whirly wrote: »

Welcome! We need more posters in this thread :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement