Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primary CPD courses?

Options
  • 18-07-2020 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

I'm on my 4th year out primary teaching after covering various maternity leaves. I have not done any CPD courses at all. I got called for some interviews and some want evidence of doing courses. I know permanent teachers do courses to get EPV days but just wondering can anyone recommend some for me to do? Or are there any free online CPD courses that I could do online that would be worthwhile? Do they take long to do or how do you do them? I know I probably should have some done at this stage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Ngannou54

zeebre12 wrote: »
    I'm on my 4th year out primary teaching after covering various maternity leaves. I have not done any CPD courses at all. I got called for some interviews and some want evidence of doing courses. I know permanent teachers do courses to get EPV days but just wondering can anyone recommend some for me to do? Or are there any free online CPD courses that I could do online that would be worthwhile? Do they take long to do or how do you do them? I know I probably should have some done at this stage.

EPortfolios And Other Digital Tools: Preparing All Teachers For Remote Teaching & Learning In 2020 from CPD College.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭BonsaiKitten

I would just do something that you're interested in or pick an area that you're weak in to improve at (this is good for interviews when you're asked to talk about strengths and weaknesses). Don't think I would bother with an ePortfolio course personally as so much will depend on the platform your school chooses, but that's down to personal taste.

While it won't give you a cert, getting Google Educator certification would look impressive at interview. The exams are quite cheap. There is an EPV day approved course for it but I wouldn't bother with that. You can learn all you need to know freely online and you wouldn't need the whole 20 hours to get your head around it.

Advertisement