Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teaching in the UAE (Sabis)

Options
  • 20-08-2019 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi All,

I know there are similar threads on this topic already in existence but I am hoping for some new advice. Basically, in December 2018 I did a skype interview with Sabis, all seemed very positive and the interviewee seemed more than happy with me, he was even explaining what my living arrangements would be if I moved out. He told me I would hear about a face to face interview sometime in March. I heard nothing and emailed Sabis for an update to which I was advised there were no positions available that matched my profile.

I was very disappointed by this and had given up hope but a couple of weeks ago I found out a friend of mine has been offered a position with Sabis in Dubai. I did business studies in college and she had done a very similar course just in a different university. I had presumed that because I did not have a degree in arts or early child care (for example) was the reason I did not receive an offer but now I no longer feel this is the case.

I am just wondering if anyone has any advice? I don't want to pester Sabis with emails but I have no idea how they operate in terms of picking candidates. Both my references advised me at the time Sabis had contacted them which even makes me wonder more why I didn't receive at least an interview.

Any help at all welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement