Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding dating quite difficult

Options
  • 14-07-2019 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I recently came out as lesbian and I’m finding it very difficult to meet a nice genuine person.

I’ve tried most dating apps- Tinder, POF, Her, Gaydar girls, etc. Most of the girls using these apps are only looking for something casual, threesomes, a bit of ‘fun’, etc. They tend to text multiple people at the same time.

The problem with dating apps is I’m getting the same profiles that I have swiped no for again and again and girls who aren’t even lesbian but straight. I think it’s because I haven’t paid for the extra features.

I have given dating apps a chance. I know I can’t meet someone who ticks all the boxes. I respect that everyone has their own interests.

I suppose what I’m trying to say is that I really would like to meet someone who has a similar personality to myself. I’m quite shy in real life, intellectual and prefer low-key activities like going for a walk, to the cinema, etc. More or less everyone on these dating apps are the complete opposite.

I can’t drink/smoke due to having Crohn’s disease so that does limit a lot of people I could connect with. I’m also only 19 and most of the people on these apps just want to do this things judging by the photos they put up.

I’ve tried Running Amach and the other lesbian meet up groups but there doesn’t seem to be anyone around my age at all at the events. The majority would be mostly 30s/40s and up.

I suppose I’m just a bit unsure as to what to do. I know I’m so young and have plenty of time for dating, but I would like to try find someone now.

Thank you.

Advertisement