Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Corrugated iron shed roof gone rusty

• 21-09-2020 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi, I have a small concrete block shed in the back garden and it has corrugated iron as the roof, angled at a slant for rain to run off. However, the corrugated iron is all rusty and there are a lot of holes in the roof. I've patched them up with duct tape on the inside and I was wondering if there is any kind of product that I could use to seal the top of the roof, something like a tar paint? It would only be a temporary measure as I just don't have the funds at the moment to replace the roof.

Comments

Those sheets are less than 20e a pop.
    I just bought some.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

how bad are the holes. are they pin holes or longer splits.
    if they are pin holes you can use a bolt and rubber washer to fill the hole and silicone to seal it. soudaflex is great stuff for jobs like that.
    i have 'fixed' a few holes like this and they have held fine. not really a permanant solution but will tide you over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,135 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

A well anchored tarp will work fine as a temporary measure!

Sealing from below is doomed.

Advertisement