Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Payback 2020 *Spoilers*

Options
  • 26-08-2020 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 85,374 ✭✭✭✭

It will take place this Sunday from the Amway Centre in Orlando, Florida

No Holds Barred Triple Threat for the WWE Universal Title
    Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman vs. "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt (c)

WWE United States Title Match
    Bobby Lashley vs. Apollo Crews (c)

Women's Tag Team Championship
    Bayley and Sasha Banks (c) vs. Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler

Keith Lee vs. Randy Orton

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

back to back PPVs with SummerSlam and Payback, oh jeez!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

WWE/TNA doing weekly PPV's.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,909 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Roman to win title keep the momentum ?. Him appearing on SD this week could kill it a bit

Him being unvield as leader of Retribution would be an awesome move

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Him being unvield as leader of Retribution would be an awesome move

Would be a terrible move he doesn’t need it. He needs to be a go it alone kind of star. The Miz needs it if he wants to be pushed back as a main event star.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Loughc wrote: »
    Would be a terrible move he doesn’t need it. He needs to be a go it alone kind of star. The Miz needs it if he wants to be pushed back as a main event star.

after last week, the miz is definitely involved some how too

Roman needs to be kept away from factions again

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

bennyl10 wrote: »
    after last week, the miz is definitely involved some how too

Roman needs to be kept away from factions again

Any have a feeling the only reason they have retribution is for Reigns to comeback and eventually destroy them all?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Any have a feeling the only reason they have retribution is for Reigns to comeback and eventually destroy them all?

Like Nexus for Cena all over again?

I didn’t, now I certainly do

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Was it intentional to have 2 PPVs back to back or a covid rescheduling thing?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Was it intentional to have 2 PPVs back to back or a covid rescheduling thing?

I just can’t get my head around the scheduling of it. Even if it was a rescheduling they could have rescheduled it for next week. Have some bit of a gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I just can’t get my head around the scheduling of it. Even if it was a rescheduling they could have rescheduled it for next week. Have some bit of a gap.

I wonder if there’s a deal with ppv companies that they have to have so many ppvs before September cause it really makes no sense

• Advertisement

sky88 wrote: »
    I wonder if there’s a deal with ppv companies that they have to have so many ppvs before September cause it really makes no sense

That must be it to be fair.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Like Nexus for Cena all over again?

I didn’t, now I certainly do

tenor.gif?itemid=4982413

• Registered Users Posts: 28,857 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Because they wanted Roman's return to close out Summerslam but didn't want him to go too long without a title match. :)

ah sure might as well watch it nothing else to be doing :pac::pac:

Suppose this is kind of a Starcade/Beast in the east etc type of thing with it being a PPV but low enough down the pecking order of importance

• Registered Users Posts: 85,374 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Bray and Braun should team up to stop Reigns, Bray keep the title and have Braun become his Diesel bodyguard :p also is Alexa "still with Bray"

Pre show 11pm
    Main show 12-3am

Yet another wwe chronicle this time Braun Strowman and Premiere of 'the day of summerslam 2015' after the event

For anyone that cares Big E vs Sheamus has been added to the card. The Big E push begins.

Riott Squad vs Iiconics on the preshow

• Registered Users Posts: 39,624 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I’ve literally no enthusiasm to watch this PPV.

Keith needs the win but will Orton put him over clean or is hurt injured Drew coming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,624 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Keith needs the win but will Orton put him over clean or is hurt injured Drew coming

You’d think old Randall being the veteran he is, he’d pitch to Vince or Bruce that Keith needs to win and win clean because if he wins with shenanigans coupled with that mess last Monday then Vince has ruined an nxt call up in record time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Calling this a ppv is a stretch, but hopefully it's the last stage of the PC era, finishes off apollo/hurt business, riot squad/iiconics and seth/rey. And we start tomorrow with a clean slate....

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Calling this a ppv is a stretch, but hopefully it's the last stage of the PC era, finishes off apollo/hurt business, riot squad/iiconics and seth/rey. And we start tomorrow with a clean slate....

Tomorrow is a Rey/Seth in a final encounter match so I think you’re right. Tonight is the end of current storylines bar Orton Drew.

With Sami and Roman back now, how many others are we missing apart from Bryan?

Full Final Card:-

Keith Lee vs. Randy Orton
    WWE Universal Championship match: “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt (c) vs. Braun Strowman vs. Roman Reigns (No Holds Barred Triple Threat match)
    WWE United States Championship match: Apollo Crews (c) vs. Bobby Lashley
    WWE Women’s Tag Team Championship match: Sasha Banks and Bayley (c) vs. Shayna Baszler and Nia Jax
    Rey and Dominik Mysterio vs. Seth Rollins and Murphy
    King Corbin vs. Matt Riddle
    Big E vs. Sheamus
    Ruby Riott and Liv Morgan vs. The IIconics (Kickoff Show)

I wonder Will MVP wear his black panther attire even though he will be the manager with Lashley

Will Retribution show up and help/be destroyed by Roman

• Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So will we get an attack of the masked tiny wrestlers tonight I wonder.

To be honest I have no interest in this and will watch highlights tomorrow at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Have retribution not showed up to just the two shows that reigns has been on?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I’ve literally no enthusiasm to watch this PPV.

I just found a dodgy stream while on a night shift and I still feel similar to you :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Jesus that United States belt is a bit muck isn't it!?

Advertisement