Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Left 4 Dead... 2.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

So the pre-ordered, pre-loaded, pre-boycotted demo goes live at 8pm.

Start your chainsaws!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I wonder if they will leave out versus like they did with the first demo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,860 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

8pm? **** it I'm off home to play it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

regret not preordering it now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Hurry up 8 o'clock! We're all waiting ffs.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Jesus christ. I can't wait another 2 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,145 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    regret not preordering it now :(
    is it last chance to access demo???

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,531 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Overheal wrote: »
    is it last chance to access demo???

As far as I am aware, if you pre-order the game you get access to the demo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

anyone having issues connecting to steam?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

As far as I am aware, if you pre-order the game you get access to the demo.
    Or you can just wait a week.
    I don't know why everyone's so excited. Steam's server will crap out in an unholy manner with so many people downloading it and trying to play it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,531 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

The whole SteamCommunity is lagging because they had a pop up announcement . . . . :rolleyes:

And there are a crazy amounts of people on the Steam forums: | 16,723 Users Online

Lots of anticipation.:D

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

This will kill a minute more.

Thanks to either Creature or Jumpy for that vid. I would normally be able to remember who except for the 10 I WANT THE DEMO NAO chatboxes I have open and the restarting Steam every 30 seconds (until I saw Leimrod's post)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,860 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Longest 40 minutes of my life :(

Tempted to create a "Canceled Due to Unforeseen Circumstances" news post on the L4D2 Steam Community page . . .

That would cause an uproar!:D

Its 11pm now

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Longest 40 minutes of my life :(

its only a demo.

So what's your like?

Waiting-1.jpg

6am tomorrow now lads.

Fail by Valve.

Balls, I took college off early so i could play this. Could have been writing my thesis until 10 :(

• Advertisement

Maximilian wrote: »
    So what's your like?

Waiting.jpg
    Tell Antar to stop sending me invites I cant play matches with fecking Paddies.

We play regularly with a guy from the east coast with little problems

Step 1: Rename (game) to Left 4 Dead 2 Demo
    Step 2: Add non-steam game to Steam & Launch
    Step 3: ...
    Step 4: Profit

We play regularly with a guy from the east coast with little problems
    hmm. maybe were not finding the right servers in MM.

Boycott Left 4 Dead 2 for not delivering the demo! Valve has abandoned PC owners!

What? L4D2? But thats too early! RAGE!!!

What? L4D2? Delayed? RAGE!!!

is it out for the 360 aswell tonight? Cool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Lol I knew fail would happen. Jesus can they do anything right? Thank fook I didn't preorder, I'd be totally nerd raging by now.

It was either steam community server crash, steam validation server thingy crash, steam totally crash or valve time fail. I lolled
    [ιѕoн]-[obZen] posted on October 27, 2009 @ 8:41pm
    FFFFFFUUUU GABE AND EVERYONE AT VALVE BLABLA!!! THIS IS NOOOT WHY I PRE PRUCASED!

any chance this can be merged with the gamers are arseholes thread? :D

I totally forgot about 'valve time'. Shouldn't have taken the evening off because now I probably won't get a go until the weekend.

Early adopters never win

Well it's preloading, again.
    Steam has a second Demo entry to the previous L4D2 preload.
    Maybe I'll get 5 mins out of it before I go to work.

EDIT: never mind, its painfully slow.

Are you serious? THey re-released the pre-load?

They did not did they? Is anyone able to play the demo now?

It was up to 44% when I left for work, but it started at 33%.

So now I have "Left 4 Dead 2 (Unreleased)" and "Left 4 Dead 2 Demo (Preloading)" in my games list. The Steam Commintiy page is also saying 8pm now instead of 6am (and 8pm yesterday).
    http://steamcommunity.com/games/L4D2/events/55327883716288366

:(

Balls to that. Don't expect it tonight then, so not going to bother trying to get home early and I'm out on the town thursday and friday :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

Poor retro gamer :(

Someone told me in work the Xbox 360 players currently have the demo already. Is this true? CVG seems to confirm it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Yeah if you have a preorder code you can download the 360 demo. Unfortunately the codes don't seem to work in Ireland!

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Someone told me in work the Xbox 360 players currently have the demo already. Is this true? CVG seems to confirm it.

Correct, it was released some time ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

A friend in the UK who is on the demo wrote me this;

ah-mazing! The melee weapons are great, the uncommon-common idea is inspired (in the 2 map demo you have to fight against the occasional riot-outfitted zombie- who are bullet-proof except on their backs!) the new special infected are terrifying and work really well to make the sequel feel very different, the graphics are much improved and the guns 'feel' so much more robust and damaging- although some of them feel weighted to be slower. All in all v.v.v.good!

grizzly wrote: »
    A friend in the UK who is on the demo wrote me this;

ah-mazing! The melee weapons are great, the uncommon-common idea is inspired (in the 2 map demo you have to fight against the occasional riot-outfitted zombie- who are bullet-proof except on their backs!) the new special infected are terrifying and work really well to make the sequel feel very different, the graphics are much improved and the guns 'feel' so much more robust and damaging- although some of them feel weighted to be slower. All in all v.v.v.good!

*covers ears with hands*SHUTUPSHUTUPshutupshutupshutupshutup

*shakes fist at valve* it had better be out at 8 ...

• Advertisement

More info on the demo test for server owners:
    We are still trying to get some final tweaks into the server so please prepare for some updates in the near future addressing some bugs recently reported to us. Thanks.

Jason

Steam just dropped another 2.7MB update to the Demo.

Dare I say it, but is it soon time to once again start your chainsaws?

EDIT:And now a 12.6MB Steam Client update.

9pm now. They are having a laugh.

It's getting a bit silly alright.

The Steam Forums remind me of this classic

I dare not look in the forums.

But Sierra if you wanna give me a banhammer I'd happily go Banhappy on your behalf :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement