Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA 2K21 / NBA Live 21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I found the intro to nba last year was the most enjoyable in a long time but i can't picture anything worse than 18. Hopefully it just means all their creativity went into next gen.

Wow, ton of people not happy with the shooting and Ronnie rubbing it in their face :pac: This is actually tempting me to pick it up even more as i usually create a playmaking slasher, rarely shoot 3's/mids. The freethrows sound broken though.

https://twitter.com/Ronnie2K/status/1302089827999907840?s=19

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I found the intro to nba last year was the most enjoyable in a long time but i can't picture anything worse than 18. Hopefully it just means all their creativity went into next gen.

Wow, ton of people not happy with the shooting and Ronnie rubbing it in their face :pac: This is actually tempting me to pick it up even more as i usually create a playmaking slasher, rarely shoot 3's/mids. The freethrows sound broken though.

I wont be using it anyway by the looks of things. I've airballed two FTs and at least one jumper.

I was still trying to readjust back to using the absolute right analogue for the past few months so my angles weren't great, and now if you're off on this it's a further penalty.

The stupid camera angle isn't helping as well but I know its better to just leave it from now.

I'll look into the theory behind it later as I didnt see it explained in game.

There was a 2k a few years back that did similar IIRC, everyone just abandoned the analogue and went back to the button.

I finally finished the torture that was the intro.

After 7 games playing with that stupid camera the game presented an option.
    Continue or go to Draft. I thought great I can just skip to draft night.
    Even after selecting it and watching a cut scene it brought me to "the last game of the season", and after that there was a workout which was on the sideline camera.
    Zion tried to play me at street ball but thank God I was able to skip that game.

And after a few more scenes I'm finally onto the proper menu.

Thank God that's finally over. Even by skipping the cut scenes it took an age to complete.

What build/position you go with? What team you get drafted to?

What build/position you go with? What team you get drafted to?

I just picked a PG. And I didn't bother using one of the guides to max the badges as I'm not going to even finish a tier out in two months.

I picked to work out for the Bucks, it was a 2v2 game to 20.
    I was then drafted there with the other story character. Not sure what number we both went but it might be fixed with ye both going to the same place.

That same aul chestnut for me again, same as with my PG last year(its literally a cut and paste of 2k20 anyway). I'm shooting "wide open" and slightly early or late and missing every single time(of 80 3s and extended range on bronze).

I think the new park is just a way for them to say the game is new as being honest apart from the shooting there is nothing else new in the gameplay.
    The menus, badge system, points to unlock badges etc... its 2k20, same presentation etc etc.

Dont get me wrong you'll get two months out of it but its 100% not a purchase for XB1 alone.

• Advertisement

I didnt look into the above, was it people complaining about the analogue or the button as well.

But its actually a joke tbh.

I have an 89 3 pointer and moved both badges onto flexible release as I've made about 1 of my last 25 three balls and that one was using the analogue and getting it close.

I keep shooting slightly early or late and being open or near enough and cant make any 3s despite having a high rating.

I have an 82 player now and hes still a lemon, going through these HoF games as a sub and barely coming out with C+ and any stats.
    I can make a midrange but the auto offence is just putting me into the corner(same old story) and I'm never playing on ball.
    I tried play with plays on manual but the AI was still running them and I didnt have my icons for the plays.

I went for a shooting/playmaker so I cant attack the rim.

The 3s will either work with all the badges boosts or else you're being forced to use the analogue to shoot 3s and risk hitting airballs etc with a far higher clip.

Shooting hotfix now live but it only helps with difficulties under HOF, doesn't help with park either

https://twitter.com/NBA2K/status/1302640784689127424?s=19

I'm usually glued to Chris Smoove's career videos but I haven't made it through a full one yet as I get bored. I was still tempted to get it from the Game store (if they ship to ireland) for 95 euro but reading the My Team isn't fun this year, no one can seem to win according to Reddit. That would be my secondary mode to play but not making progress in that would suck. Gonna hold out. Usually the legendary edition goes on sale in October and I know this is different as it includes a next gen version code, but might hold out all the same.

I'm usually glued to Chris Smoove's career videos but I haven't made it through a full one yet as I get bored. I was still tempted to get it from the Game store (if they ship to ireland) for 95 euro but reading the My Team isn't fun this year, no one can seem to win according to Reddit. That would be my secondary mode to play but not making progress in that would suck. Gonna hold out. Usually the legendary edition goes on sale in October and I know this is different as it includes a next gen version code, but might hold out all the same.

You're really not missing much to be honest.

I didn't think the changes would be this minuscule but it's really bad.
    Vast swathes of the game are cut and pastes. The same menus, in game presentation, stores in the park, gameplay issues(engine quirks).. it's all just last years game.

I did check one of Smooves videos out and he shot 1-7 from 3 and hes always used the button.

The penalty for being red is too severe, i was testing it out there while shooting FTs in the training centre and I got some bad ones despite looking at the analogue as i pulled it straight down.
    You don't have to seem to pull it much off line and you'll get a red which is always a miss.

Maybe that's the change that will happen, they'll lessen that rather than boost the button.
    I won't ever be able to use it with layups anyway as I find even timing it is impossible, never mind worrying about the angle I pushed as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,832 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

All this chat is making me think I'll hold off until it's a PS5 PS Now/+ game!

• Advertisement

All this chat is making me think I'll hold off until it's a PS5 PS Now/+ game!

I'm waiting for the Next Gen career trailer which will probably blow me away and that will do it but I'd settle for matchmaking in the park. The Park needs to be a social only hub while courts are in a separate area with matchmaking so no waiting around. I'm hoping they are cheeky enough to announce that and say they needed Next Gen to make it possible.

Also, Xbox next gen details leaked this morning and was mentioned 2K21 will be a launch title but it's not confirmed yet.

Look at the state of this map!

sike277rqll51.png

Park games are farcical at the minute. I've played about 4 and one went on for an age.

In the last game I checked the stats and both teams were in or around 10-21.

I tried 3 analogue shots in that game, got red for all three in terms of aim and missed the rim every time.

I could go and practice but tbh I've been using a controller my entire life, pulling it straight down shouldn't require training, my thoughts are still that the penalty for being MARGINALLY off is too severe, I couldn't have been pulling it that far off line.

Maybe I'm the only one, but I only use the analog stick when driving for a dunk!

That map looks money hungry...

I tried out the analogue in the 2KU with Curry and was using his jumper.
    It wasnt too bad, but as you move around the window seems to adjust slightly meaning it needs a change.
    That's fine when you're shooting multiple shots off but different shooting 10 over 20 mins.

Also if you try to readjust on jumping it's very easy to flick on release and get a wild pull.

Once I tried it in a game I was back shooting reds, it's harder to do when you dont know when the shot will come, also off a dribble its probably too difficult.
    Also my player seems to miss further than Curry, when off-line.

I learned today the layup works pushing forward... the game explains none of this either.
    In the menu it says "to shoot, pull down" which is not even accurate. The bar seems to slightly to the right so I dont think it's to be pulled down per se.
    I always pull right so wish I made a left hand player(it might have helped).

I think I'll just abandon it at this point and switch back to dribble on the right analogue, as I started off with.

I might just drop the difficulty to the one that the hotfix affected and hope my jumper falls more.
    Once I get the badges I can go back to HOF(in theory).

Theres no point investing time into it when it's likely to be defunct by the next gen console.
    It's basically the only new addition so might have been a way to gloss a rehashed title rather than a new direction.

I really wish I made my inside centre for this build, I made one late in 2k20 to get around the online lag and that was the way to go again.

I never made a big before, hate post moves but they do dominate park. Shooting in park is impossible because of lag, might actually spin up 2k20 and make a big, see what it's like.

I never made a big before, hate post moves but they do dominate park. Shooting in park is impossible because of lag, might actually spin up 2k20 and make a big, see what it's like.

I was enjoying it as I dont seem to shoot a lot with my PG anyway so just thought it would be better all around.

This was definitely the game to make another, or maybe if I picked a left handed player it would help as I always miss left(the metre for a right hander is slightly off right centre).

Check out a badge guide as well, theres ways to set the points to maximise the badges.
    My C was an Interior Force with most badges on Inside and Defence.
    One for shooting and I think two or three on playmaking.

You can do a lot with a big online, it's not as fun against the AI though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Still debating whether to pick this up or just to wait. I'm very tempted, but did find shooting difficult - even on the demo. I'm always playing with the idea of creating a big, but playing against the AI as one just doesn't seem fun. It does seem like great craic in the park though.

Also find that the instructions for moves in 2KU are rubbish or inaccurate. I feel like there is so much stuff that they don't explain.

Dropped down to Superstar to see how the hotfix was implemented and switched back to the button.

Played the Rising Stars game and I had 30 including a few 3 balls.
    I didnt play anymore games since then but the difference was colossal.
    I was barely getting 6 points unless it was lay ups on HoF.

I'll leave it on this until I unlock a few more shooting badges and then I'll go back to HoF difficulty.

I'm close to giving up putting VC into this player and the I'll start accumulating for Next Gen.

I read they broke Ankle Breaker and it's impossible to drop someone, said they are fixing it in next patch. Hope all this is ironed out for Next Gen but who knows.

I read they broke Ankle Breaker and it's impossible to drop someone, said they are fixing it in next patch. Hope all this is ironed out for Next Gen but who knows.

Funnily enough I put that onto Silver with barely 5 badges and it was something I always ignored in previous years.
    I thought maybe outside of them falling over, it might also help to get space of the dribble, especially in a miss match.

I've the same old issues in regards to isolation against a big man with my PG, I just cant ever seem to shake anyone with dribble moves and by the time I change direction they're back in front of me.
    Same engine, same issues I guess.

Hopefully they release gameplay footage of next gen soon as this is just like a game update for all intents and purposes.

• Advertisement

Not sure what next gen consoles you are planning on picking up, but hopefully we can get enough interest together on one console for some park and/or pro am when the next gen version is out. The park is so much more fun in every way when you don't have to play with randomers.

v3ttel wrote: »
    Not sure what next gen consoles you are planning on picking up, but hopefully we can get enough interest together on one console for some park and/or pro am when the next gen version is out. The park is so much more fun in every way when you don't have to play with randomers.

I'll be going with PS5 but yeah, had some great park games with lads on here over the years. I'm not holding my breath on huge improvements on Park, just hopeful they come out with something good. Would be a waste of next gen SSD minimum loading time only to wait 10-15 minutes for a game.

I'll join ye in 2022 when I've finally gotten my player up to a 90 OVR!

I've played every single season game in the first season in 2K20, all full minute games with me moving from 8-10 min/game to 35 min/game by half season. Played all the practices up to the playoffs. Played all the playoff games. Broke numerous records (I'm coming for your 100 Chamberlain! 83 is my highest), won all the awards. Player is 88 OVR...

Picked this up and decided to go with a big for the first time - made an interior force build. I said if I were to ever make a big, now is the time with shooting the way it is. I've always been notorious rubbish scoring in the post when playing as the entire time in the past. I always found the controls a bit clunky with multiple ways to shoots kind of interfering with faints or dribbling moves.

Enjoying it a lot so far - just about to finish up the college part.

I couldn't imagine not playing a big at this stage. SF is usually my go to, dunks are just far more impressive and enjoyable! With the added benefit of being pretty good at mids and get the odd open 3 too.

Next gen trailer with in depth blog about the new features coming soon.

An eye-popping leap in graphical advancements: next-gen lighting, textures, physics, animations, and more that push NBA 2K21’s visual presentation to the bleeding edge;
    Rebuilt player movement and player impact, driven by new on-court animation and collision engines that make for a smoother, tougher game;
    The entire arena comes to life, with more than 150 unique AI-driven characters interacting seamlessly to create a groundbreaking Lower Bowl experience;
    An expanded soundtrack with 202 songs at launch and more to come.

Today’s gameplay video is just the beginning with much more next-gen NBA 2K21 information coming soon. Beginning tomorrow, we’ll be breaking down all of the new next-gen gameplay-specific features across three Courtside Reports that cover core gameplay, new movement and the “Impact Engine,” as well as next-gen AI and major changes to the MyPLAYER Builder. Additionally, in the coming weeks, NBA 2K fans can look forward to learning about what’s new in MyCAREER, the WNBA, MyGM, and MyLEAGUE. And of course, fans will get an in-depth look into what will be the biggest expansion of NBA 2K’s online basketball community feature yet: the experience formerly known as the Neighborhood.

Have to say, it looks well!

Have to say, it looks well!

It really does. I'm interested to read about the new impact engine and especially the "experience formally known as neighborhood".

First courtside report about next gen features. New gameplay mechanics. As a PG, i look e the sound of controlling the speed of the sizeups and choosing to keep it simple layups, no timing needed but also enable pro stick for layups for more risk/reward.

https://nba.2k.com/courtside-report/nba-2k21-next-gen-gameplay-courtside-report-1/

• Advertisement

Next gen gameplay report 2 talks about v the new movement, dribbling and impact, all sounds great but will wait and see. Devs promise every year of awesome new features and they tend to be broken or a lie so will see.

https://nba.2k.com/courtside-report/nba-2k21-next-gen-gameplay-courtside-report-2

Really missing my 2K fix but I'm glad now I'll be going straight into the next gen version fresh from 2k fatigue, should enjoy it more.

How are ye finding current gen?

Advertisement