Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Travel Republic

• 18-09-2020 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Has anyone any advice on how I should proceed in trying to get a refund due to me from TR? No telephone service, no reply to emails, no reply to customer queries on web site. I was due to travel in June and my refund was due Aug 3rd (confirmed by email) nothing received and no idea where to go next.
    TIA for any advice or assistance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭JimmyChew

I had a booking with them and they dealt with me quite well.

If you go to the "My booking" section of the website or app then log a customer support request they should be responsive. they are probaly still
    snowed under but I had a good out come.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

I had a few bookings with them and every one of them was cancelled and the small deposit I had paid was refunded and I was kept fully informed during the whole process. I found them absolutely excellent and will definitely be dealing with them again. Use the app to make contact with them.
    Best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭John.G

I booked a hotel in January fully paid (no deposit option) and in June saw somewhere that the hotel had closed for refurbishment until I think next April, I duly informed TR and after a few emails got my last one on the 16th, the hotel booking was from Sept24 to Oct1, its interesting to note that apparently it is I who has the contract with the Hotel so will be interesting to see how this pans out, I also must state that I have dealt with TR for years with no problems.

Reply below (Sept16).

"Kindly note that unfortunately, we had to cancel your booking due to hotel closure.

We are currently working with the supplier on your behalf to negotiate an exit to the contract you have with them. If we are successful, we will be in touch to confirm your refund date"

In case you still plan to travel, you are more than welcome to book an alternative accommodation through our website.

Best regards,

Advertisement