Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel to Slovakia

Options
  • 08-09-2020 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me if I can freely travel to and from Slovakia without any restrictions? :p
    The gov advise is confusing at the best of times.:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

splashuum wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if I can freely travel to and from Slovakia without any restrictions? :p

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/8868e-view-the-covid-19-travel-advice-list/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,522 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

splashuum wrote: »

Have a look here: https://www.mzv.sk/web/en/covid-19

Doesn't seem to be any restrictions..

Slovakia has it's own system. Ireland at present is on the 'low risk' list and does not require isolating, etc.

https://www.mzv.sk/web/en/covid-19

• Registered Users Posts: 6,490 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Slovakia have been very restrictive on travel. Friends going home in march for 2 weeks returned to Ireland 6 months later.

Unless it's critical that you go, don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭finbarrk

The match I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭Icepick

On the green list at the moment but cases going up and cases per 100k already at 25.6 (https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/cases-2019-ncov-eueea). Wait for the travel update on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

Slovakia have been very restrictive on travel. Friends going home in march for 2 weeks returned to Ireland 6 months later.

Unless it's critical that you go, don't.

It doesn't appear to be that way at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,522 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Icepick wrote: »
    On the green list at the moment but cases going up and cases per 100k already at 25.6 (https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/cases-2019-ncov-eueea). Wait for the travel update on Tuesday.

Slovakia should be on the "Green list" Ireland's cases are much higher..

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭DulchieLaois

Been to Slovakia over the summer, no issues whatsoever and nice country to visit also

Well it looks like Slovakia is being taken off the green list with essential travel only being recommended.

• Advertisement

Well it looks like Slovakia is being taken off the green list with essential travel only being recommended.

Yep, I moved my flights for free to a few days in Poznan instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Can anyone recommend things to do in Bratislava? Never been to that side of Europe before. We are going to Prague, krakow and then spending 3 days in Bratislava before heading to Croatia for a few weeks to relax.

Would appreciate any tips or advice..

3 days in Bratislava is 2 too many. Spend more time in Krakow - its a truly wonderful city. Have been more than a dozen times and it never fails to excite me.

3 days in Bratislava is 2 too many. Spend more time in Krakow - its a truly wonderful city. Have been more than a dozen times and it never fails to excite me.

Thanks for the tip! We will do that so.

We had said we would spend 6 nights in Krakow. As we really wanna see the place.

Maybe 1 or 2 nights in Bratislava then, we are only stopping there on our way to Croatia.

Thanks for the tip! We will do that so.

We had said we would spend 6 nights in Krakow. As we really wanna see the place.

Maybe 1 or 2 nights in Bratislava then, we are only stopping there on our way to Croatia.

Visit Kazimierz at night time - wonderfully atmospheric. Eat a zapiekanka. Schindlers factory is well worth a visit - book online in advance. Wawal Castle too. Go to the Saltmines and Aushwitz - prebook them. Hire a bike and cycle to Plaszow - within the city limits and nice to do. Cycle along the river. Really nice way to spend some time. Have Krupnik pigwowa vodka and eat some Polish meats.

Visit Kazimierz at night time - wonderfully atmospheric. Eat a zapiekanka. Schindlers factory is well worth a visit - book online in advance. Wawal Castle too. Go to the Saltmines and Aushwitz - prebook them. Hire a bike and cycle to Plaszow - within the city limits and nice to do. Cycle along the river. Really nice way to spend some time. Have Krupnik pigwowa vodka and eat some Polish meats.

Thank you so much. This is exactly the kind of info I was looking for! :D

If your spending any time in Slovakia go to the Tatras area. Absolutely breath taking scenery.

Advertisement