Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How to Plan for / Buy Furniture when Sale Agreed

Options
  • 09-09-2020 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Wondering if anybody had any tips or recommendations of places that look to facilitate people buying furtniture during the Sale Agreed process for FTBers.

I.e Somewhere where we can line up a semi flexible delivery date and ideally charge date which can be easily cancelled or at the worst refunded should the sale not actually take place?

Obviously like most, we want to make sure our Furniture arrives as quick as possible after we get the keys, but A - we dont want to have to store furniture in the meantime, B - We don't want to have to fully commit should the purchase not take place for any reason.

Thanks,

E.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

Pivot Eoin wrote: »
    Hi All,

Wondering if anybody had any tips or recommendations of places that look to facilitate people buying furtniture during the Sale Agreed process for FTBers.

I.e Somewhere where we can line up a semi flexible delivery date and ideally charge date which can be easily cancelled or at the worst refunded should the sale not actually take place?

Obviously like most, we want to make sure our Furniture arrives as quick as possible after we get the keys, but A - we dont want to have to store furniture in the meantime, B - We don't want to have to fully commit should the purchase not take place for any reason.

Thanks,
    E.
    There are so many factors there especially the last one there regarding refund if all ceased to evolve,
    no business could entertain such demand without some level of profit to cover there storage costs as well as maintain stock levels and keep up with moving trends.

I understand it is an exciting time in both of your lives and congratulations; I've been there back in 2006 and were still making our house a home.

Best advice I can give; is go to Argos and purchase an inflatable mattress along with a plug in electric heater and a camping gas stove,
    These items will keep you well and entertained when you first move in until items then get purchased and delivered in a normal fashion.

Ensure that you take the time to enjoy every minute of the experience of moving in to your own home and take the time to evaluate the items purchased and choose wisely as the remaining years are alot more sedate when paying for it all, making the right decisions on purchases now will save you much regret in the future.

Also take the time to explore and live with the empty space in order to make the right choice of item you would like to put in it to get it working best for you.
    It takes time to find the right items for spaces it's not always possible to have everything looking proper immediately especially from one provider, it takes time to make a house a home.

Probably not the most helpful post but it is one from first hand experience, starting off with the basics and making it work together is all part of carving in the memories to a good future home,
    life is already fast enough; enjoy the little things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Vetch

When I was buying a few years ago, the only item there was a significant delay on was a couch and some of this was partly due to Christmas as it was that time of year. Beds and dining tables could be delivered within two weeks or so of being ordered. I think that mattresses are in stock in some shops. I think your best bet is to visit a few shops and ask about lead times and storage policies.

Advertisement