Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Construction Drawings

Options
  • 27-11-2019 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

So we have received planning permission, and have sent the architects files onto our engineer to do up the detailed construction drawings.

How long do these generally take to complete? What level of input would we generally be expected to give to him? Given that I know little to nothing about insulation, types of windows, walls etc, I'm just a little concerned i'll miss something or make the wrong call. Most of my info comes from Google!

In people's experience, have they had their kitchen designed prior to the drawings going to the builder? We have a basic layout from our architect, but if the kitchen company change the layout around, the plumbing shown on the drawings would need to be accurate for the builders i'm assuming?

These are probably silly questions but it's a case of learn as we go!

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,084 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Plan, plan, and plan again.

Only when you are totally happy should you break ground. Do not design as you build as that will only lead to costing you more money.

The architect should be involved in the design of the kitchen up to at least the point at which the location of the Holy trinity is decided (sink, cooker, fridge). After that the kitchen designer can put the meat onto the bones of the layout.

Once you have that designed and you happy, and the bathroom layouts done, bedrooms, etc etc... Only then do you think about breaking ground

• Registered Users Posts: 12,230 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

As above + 1
    Whats the spec on the house from a BER perspective?
    Whats the heating?
    Have you MVHR?
    Have you provided for a charge point or two for elec cars?
    What about alarm cable/external lights/internet/ etc?
    Have you a stove/external air supply?
    etc

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement