Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BCAR Opt In/Out

Options
  • 26-11-2019 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Anyone got a relatively up to date split of opt in/opt out for one off houses in Dublin?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,074 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

i dont think CSO figures record a difference between opt in / opt out... maybe individual authorities do.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

sydthebeat wrote: »
    i dont think CSO figures record a difference between opt in / opt out... maybe individual authorities do.

Yes, individual Authorities do alright.
    moldy_sea wrote: »
    Anyone got a relatively up to date split of opt in/opt out for one off houses in Dublin?

Curious to the reasons why you want it?
    The Opt in/out is also for larger extensions, so the figures wont be exact.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭moldy_sea

You can download a list of commencements in BCMS and this includes opt in/out status. For anyone else, I didn't count them all but practically no one is opting in unless it is commercial or large number of units. I sampled to be fair but didn't find a single one off that opted in. I'm sure some do but I'd guess it's a tiny minority.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭selfbuild17

moldy_sea wrote: »
    You can download a list of commencements in BCMS and this includes opt in/out status. For anyone else, I didn't count them all but practically no one is opting in unless it is commercial or large number of units. I sampled to be fair but didn't find a single one off that opted in. I'm sure some do but I'd guess it's a tiny minority.

That’s my experience as well. Opting in is very onerous for extensions and one offs and for little or no benefit if you have someone signing off for the bank in any case

• Subscribers Posts: 41,074 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

You can only opt out for extensions and single detached dwellings

• Advertisement
Advertisement