Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can I sell on my Planning Permission?

• 09-12-2019 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

I just got planning permission for a new house in my garden. I had planned on selling my own house and building a new house in the garden for myself - but circumstances have changed. I would prefer now to sell both the house and the site as two separate entities - rather than building myself. Its in an existing private housing estate in a small town - so I'm wondering (a) can I sell the site with fpp; (b) If I build the house, am I restricted then in selling it on for a time period. Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,831 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I just got planning permission for a new house in my garden. I had planned on selling my own house and building a new house in the garden for myself - but circumstances have changed. I would prefer now to sell both the house and the site as two separate entities - rather than building myself. Its in an existing private housing estate in a small town - so I'm wondering (a) can I sell the site with fpp; (b) If I build the house, am I restricted then in selling it on for a time period. Any help much appreciated.

completely depends on what the conditions of your permission are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

PP attaches to the land so you sell the land the PP goes along with it.

You can apply for PP without actually owning the land.

But there may be specific conditions that might restrict your market.

As a side issue, if you get two different buyers they will need to ensure adequate easements are in place and fenced off.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭waterford_21

Thanks so much for your replies.

Advertisement