Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

News jingles

Options
  • 19-02-2008 12:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭

In 1987, Leonard Parkin presented his last ITN News at One.

Fine presenter, RIP, and my favourite news jingle, bringing back memories of lunchtime at my grandmother's house...

Any old RTE news jingles?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3ibL7XoLqA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

If I heard the TV AM jingle, it would fill me with dread.

I will always associate it with being forcibly dragged out of bed to go to school.....

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭RadioCity

Although not jingles, theres some pictures here of RTE news broadcasts.

Might bring back a few memories.

A quick edit, heres the 9 o'clock news from 1994(?).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Does this piece of music sound familiar?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,890 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

On the subject of RTE news intros, first one is from late 70's/early 80's. Second link all intros from 1983 onwards. Was there another between 80-83?

This clip is of interest for the news jingle at the start, its the same one that appears in the compilation clip above as 83/84 so it confirms that RTE were using as their News theme as early as 1981.

• Advertisement

SuziMcM wrote: »
    //

Eh?

I wonder if RTE has any of its old news intros preserved in its archives? I mean specifically from the 60s and 70s and even into the 80s. The ones above are all from home video recordings as are any examples I've seen. I've a sneaking suspicion that that they would probably have ended up wiped.

Advertisement