Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Live Match Thread (spoilers)

Options
  • 08-05-2014 2:37pm
    Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭

A thread for talking about current live games and where to find the streams and VoD's. there may be spoilers in here if you want to watch the games later on so be careful!

Currently watching The Summit Asia finals between VG and Newbee. VG 2-0 up so far in the best of 5. rOtk and company have looked very strong recently but I have no doubt of Newbees ability to comeback and win this match. Game 3 starting soon

Good sites for finding streams of live matches:
    Teamliquid - right hand menu has current On Air Streams and upcoming matches. also the liquipedia is handy for learning more about the tournaments / teams
    joindota - on the right there. again has a list of upcoming games

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 kersplodey

Game 3 Picks/Bans:

Vici Gaming (Dire)

Bans:
    - Lycan
    - Batrider
    - Enchantress
    - Lifestealer
    - Luna

Picks:
    - Invoker - Mid
    - Visage - Off
    - Rubick - Off
    - Weaver - Safe
    - Wraith King - Off

Newbee (Radiant)

Bans:
    - Nature's Prophet
    - Sand King
    - Dark Seer
    - Io
    - Centaur Warrunner

Picks:
    - Ancient Apparition - Safe
    - Templar Assassin - Mid
    - Nyx Assassin - Safe
    - Doom - Off
    - Ember Spirit - Safe

Both drafts fairly decent, should be an entertaining game!

Edit: Nope, they're not.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

good game 3 there by newbee. punishing the offensive tri of VG. I can see ember just getting banned more and more all the way up until TI4. also liking the TA being picked up more and more. always seems like a hero thats picked when a team is desperate to win

Missed the end of Game 3 and all of game 4 up until now because internet in work went down. I've got it on in the background now though :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

may as well throw up twitch links if you have them too

Game just finished there, but it's going to be rebroadcasted starting in a few minutes, I think.

edit: It's on BeyondtheSummit's twitch channel. I can't post links because I'm a "new user" >.>

• Advertisement

had to go back up to work so missed it :p gonna try and find the VoD now.

I'll throw up links next time. I'll see if i can edit the main post to put up where i usually find them as they arent always on twitch

Fnatic are playing against PR now in The Summit EU Playoffs.

It's the beyondthesummit2 twitch channel. :)

Edit: It's a pretty good game so far.

Really liking this. Some huge plays from PR

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Orange showing some bite against the China teams today. They still have 16(!) games to play over the weekend in WPC so it should be interesting to see how they compare.

http://www.liquiddota.com/

this is the new site for team liquid DotA 2 coverage. cant edit the original post :s

Advertisement