Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tesco Big Night In €15 [22 Jan to 4 Feb]

Options
  • 22-01-2014 7:12pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Full List
    Big Night In Buy 1 Pizza + 1 Ice-Cream + 1 Drink + 1 Dvd for €15

The items below are only available for deliveries on or before Tuesday 4th February 2014.

To take advantage of this offer, add Big Night In Buy 1 Pizza + 1 Ice-Cream + 1 Drink + 1 Dvd for €15

Beer is now 4 cans rather than 6 bottles.

Soft drinks are 6 packs rather than 9 packs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Is it online only or is it in store?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

Yep Its on Tesco.ie according the the email I got from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Will surely be in store too & with a better choice of DVD's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

not a great deal anymore imo if you break down the real value of each item.

Those pizzas or similar ones are regularly on offer for €3

I'll be generous and call the Vienetta €2, even though I've seen it on offer for less.

Cans are worth €3 max, beers €5-€6

Dvds are worth about a fiver

So in reality you're saving €1 at best

Heineken 4 X 500Ml Lager Can e7.60

Goodfella Takeaway Meat Madness 545G e4.70 (not the half price millano pizza at 250g)

Vienetta is around e2.60 everywhere

selected DVDs are 10- 13 euro everywhere.
    (warehouse clearence has DVDs for a fiver on certain titles. They will be gone as soon as the stock sells which is nearly gone)

How is this not a good deal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Ladyblackadder

Anyone know what DVDs are with the offer? No matter what they cost, it's good value if it's a DVD you would like to own :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Click the link in the op......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭mbradso2003

Got this last night.. The Hobbit was included if anyone interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭andersat2

brokenarms wrote: »
    Heineken 4 X 500Ml Lager Can e7.60

Goodfella Takeaway Meat Madness 545G e4.70 (not the half price millano pizza at 250g)

Vienetta is around e2.60 everywhere

selected DVDs are 10- 13 euro everywhere.
    (warehouse clearence has DVDs for a fiver on certain titles. They will be gone as soon as the stock sells which is nearly gone)

How is this not a good deal?

7.60 for 4 cans?? 1.92 Eur per can for Heineken??? Max how I'm able to pay for that piss is 1.00 euro

"Pizza" for 4.70 eur?? For that you can get a roast tray from local butcher.

is someone still buying DVDs in our days? 13euros ?? wow...

sorry, it's just my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jontr

I don't get why stores are still selling DVDs. DVDs should die and never come back.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

jontr wrote: »
    I don't get why stores are still selling DVDs. DVDs should die and never come back.

Demand is still there, money is still being made from the sale of dvds and they're generally quite cheap.

Demand is still there, money is still being made from the sale of dvds and they're generally quite cheap.

I know - same story was with VHS until someone said STOP and they quit releasing new movies on VHS. same thing should happen with DVDs at least 3 years ago. how many people do you know that still have a CRT TV?

bluray players are dirty cheap now - you can get one for 20quid. besides - if I can get better quality from streaming services like Netflix... what's the point?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I know - same story was with VHS until someone said STOP and they quit releasing new movies on VHS.

"Someone said stop" because demand for VHS fell to a point where there wasn't money to be made, while demand for dvds grew and grew. In the vast majority of cases a business is not going to stop selling something that makes them money.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,303 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I know - same story was with VHS until someone said STOP and they quit releasing new movies on VHS. same thing should happen with DVDs at least 3 years ago. how many people do you know that still have a CRT TV?

bluray players are dirty cheap now - you can get one for 20quid. besides - if I can get better quality from streaming services like Netflix... what's the point?

where can you get them for €20?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭The_Pretender

A LOT of the country isn't in a position where it can support streaming DVD quality films. I live on the Dublin/ Kildare border, and while 10 mins down the road people can get 40mb broadband, I currently only have 1.3mb. I'm lucky to get a show on without it having to buffer.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Binka

The point is that geographically half of the country doesn't have a broadband connection capable of streaming a 3 minute you tube video without it stopping and starting let alone a full length feature. I survive with a rubbish 3g broadband connection that comes and goes and yes...I still have an old style tv with no HD. So DVDs are an important part of my life. A half decent movie from Tesco for a fiver is a decent deal in my book.

Skerries wrote: »
    where can you get them for €20?

I've seen some bargains after christmas in Currys - I think it was EUR24.99

andersat2 wrote: »
    7.60 for 4 cans?? 1.92 Eur per can for Heineken??? Max how I'm able to pay for that piss is 1.00 euro

"Pizza" for 4.70 eur?? For that you can get a roast tray from local butcher.

is someone still buying DVDs in our days? 13euros ?? wow...

sorry, it's just my opinion

I would agree with you in part.
    As a fellow bargain finder there is ways to get all that cheaper elsewhere or buying in bulk. Like the 24 cans for 25 euro or picking up a halfprice pizza.

But most people are not as thrifty . They pay full price most of the time .

So this deal is a great bargain for the consumer who could not be bothered rooting out better bargains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

No Blu-rays? No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

The Tesco website says The Hangover 3 is included in the deal, but I went into Tesco in Ardkeen today and it wasn't :( Has anyone seen it included in any other Tesco? It's the only one I was interested in this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Whiplashy wrote: »
    The Tesco website says The Hangover 3 is included in the deal, but I went into Tesco in Ardkeen today and it wasn't :( Has anyone seen it included in any other Tesco? It's the only one I was interested in this time.

Did you try putting it through as part of the deal and seeing if the discount was applied? I'd suspect it would be…..

But to answer your original question, yes, I have seen it in 2 x Tesco stores in the offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

I've seen some bargains after christmas in Currys - I think it was EUR24.99

Tesco Naas this morning

Advertisement