If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small footprint stereo amp

Options
  • 18-09-2020 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭

Hi,

In a bedroom I have a Marantz PM4001 and a Marantz CD5001 connected to a pair of Monitor Audio Bronze floorstanders. The CD player is gathering dust and the amp is used solely for bluetooth via an adapter.

The room is getting a makeover and I am thinking about replacing the amp and cd player with a small footprint amp. The smaller the better. Something like:

https://www.denon.com/en-gb/shop/denondesignseries/pma60

but not that one itself, that price is off the scale!

It must have bluetooth and a headphone output. It will be used for Spotify Premium at the moment but it would be good to have capacity for lossless/flac.

Cheers.

Edit: Open-box would be ok.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,416 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Heighway61 wrote: »
    Hi,

In a bedroom I have a Marantz PM4001 and a Marantz CD5001 connected to a pair of Monitor Audio Bronze floorstanders. The CD player is gathering dust and the amp is used solely for bluetooth via an adapter.

The room is getting a makeover and I am thinking about replacing the amp and cd player with a small footprint amp. The smaller the better. Something like:

https://www.denon.com/en-gb/shop/denondesignseries/pma60

but not that one itself, that price is off the scale!

It must have bluetooth and a headphone output. It will be used for Spotify Premium at the moment but it would be good to have capacity for lossless/flac.

Cheers.

Edit: Open-box would be ok.
    Hi Heighway61

The Denon PMA60 is a fantastic amplifier and would give a great sound with a small footprint! They are currently special orders for us and we can get them in but it could take a few weeks!

Another to look at would be the new Marantz MCR612 which is an amp, CD player and streamer with analogue and digital inputs. It also has Bluetooth and a headphone output and sounds great!

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-13704-marantz-mcr612-melody-x-black-streaming-mini-system-exc-speakers.aspx

I have these in stock ready to ship!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Hi Dave, thanks for the reply.

Not sure I should have posted that link to the Denon, it's way above my budget! Just wanted to show the type and footprint size I was interesed in.

Would you have anything a price bracket (or two!) below that?

Actually, now that I think of it, that Marantz/MA Bronze was the very first set up I bought from you way back when. :)

Actually, now that I think of it, that Marantz/MA Bronze was the very first set up I bought from you way back when. :)
    Hi Heighway61,

Thanks for getting back to me!

That was a great set up and it's still one of the best mid range systems available!

You could go for the likes of the Denon DM41 which has come back into stock at £249? It has Bluetooth, a CD player, DAB radio and analogue/digital inputs?

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-13042-denon-dm41-dab-black-black-mini-system-exc-speakers.aspx

Let me know what you think of this option!

Kind regards

David

That looks ideal. Can I just check re power:

BX5: 120w - 8 Ohms
    Recommended Amp: 30 - 120w

DM41 Output: 30w - 6 Ohms

Would the DM41 be powerful enough for the BX5?

• Advertisement

That looks ideal. Can I just check re power:

BX5: 120w - 8 Ohms
    Recommended Amp: 30 - 120w

DM41 Output: 30w - 6 Ohms

Would the DM41 be powerful enough for the BX5?
    Hi Heighay61,

The amp will drive them ok. It may put a little more strain on the amp than a smaller speaker would but they will run off it and give you a great sound!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

Thanks a million, David. Leave it with me for now.

Thanks a million, David. Leave it with me for now.
    No problem, keep me posted and have a great weekend!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.