Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mazda mx5 insurance

Options
  • 18-09-2020 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

hi folks

just wondering about classic insurance for the mx5, or just insurance in general why are these so hard to insure? im focusing on the 1.6 model for sakes too MK2 version I suppose my ages and ncb is going against me, but in general doing all online qoutes nothing. I heard about classic but you have to be over 25 in alot of them would they accept me as a named driver? I do not plan on driving it as a daily plus if named would be shared,and seen about milage limits which dont affect me really since i do not drive much during most given weeks.

many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭micah537

Did you try Campion?

Pretty sure Autoline is over 25 for the driver

• Registered Users Posts: 18,872 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

hi folks

just wondering about classic insurance for the mx5, or just insurance in general why are these so hard to insure? im focusing on the 1.6 model for sakes too MK2 version I suppose my ages and ncb is going against me, but in general doing all online qoutes nothing. I heard about classic but you have to be over 25 in alot of them would they accept me as a named driver? I do not plan on driving it as a daily plus if named would be shared,and seen about milage limits which dont affect me really since i do not drive much during most given weeks.

many thanks

In order to get classic insurance you need to have a policy in your own name on another car/bike. If you don't have full time use of another vehicle you can't get classic insurance and need a normal policy.

If it's your vehicle you can't be a named driver as that's fronting and not allowed by insurance companies.

Advertisement