Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath -US pace- A&E

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I've seen it in other docs were part of the initiation is revealing your most private/secretive thoughts and memories. It's been inferred that Scientology may have something on Travolta and Cruise as they record those sessions.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,285 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Paul Haggis episode last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Next week must be horrific if even Mike in the trailer says "what the f* have we been part of."

Season 3 my not be on Scientology.

A&E Series May Take on Jehovah’s Witnesses in Season 3
    “Yes, I’m open to doing a Season 3 in a different way. We’ve been getting an overwhelming amount of emails and people contacting us through [social media] about other cults that are similar [to Scientology], so I’m looking into that,” Remini said in an interview with Entertainment Weekly.

The show has not yet been renewed for a third season, but Remini said someone reached out to her, comparing the actions of Jehovah’s Witnesses to Scientology’s Sea Org. The individual warned Remini to be careful because “these f–ers are super powerful.”

“Are you ready for my response?” Remini said. “I don’t give a s— about powerful. The truth is what I care about.”

http://www.thewrap.com/leah-remini-ae-series-may-take-on-jehovahs-witnesses-in-season-3/

Would be interesting to see them looking into other organizations that masquerade as religions.

Also the next episode of this season is not until Oct 10, 2017 and I'm really interested to see it.

• Advertisement

Shocking but still nowhere near as shocking as the first episode I think they could be leading to something big in the final episode.

I'm all for religious freedom but how they can get away with all of this is something I can't understand.

And now this "religion" is opening a big center in Ireland. Unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I was a few episodes behind so I've just watched 3 episodes tonight. The Paul Haggis episode was the last one I watched. A very smart and entertaining guy. I loved his exit story. How his celeb friends tried to do an intervention (twice! once on his lawn and once to refute the points in his letter), his sister's tape, and his wife putting love first.

A really heartfelt story. Out of all the episodes so far, I think that one carried a lot of weight.

Looking forward to seeing how the season ends. I have a feeling they are saving a bombshell for the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭death1234567

Would be interesting to see them looking into other organizations that masquerade as religions.
    Catholicism springs to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

I feel like this has run its course now. As tragic as the stories are, we've heard the same thing all before at this stage. They need to do something different than just interviewing people who were affected by it.

• Advertisement

I see Priscilla Presley has quit Scientology after 40 years. I think the house of cards is slowly starting to fall.

https://www.her.ie/news/another-celebrity-quit-scientology-40-years-370975

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Could be, but it doesn't really matter at this stage E. The "church" has built up a huge portfolio of assets and cash. So long as they retain their status as a religion they're a very rich organisation in no imminent danger of collapse, even if they only had a hundred members.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I wonder if Tom Cruise will leave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Mr E wrote: »
    I see Priscilla Presley has quit Scientology after 40 years. I think the house of cards is slowly starting to fall.

https://www.her.ie/news/another-celebrity-quit-scientology-40-years-370975

Wow!

Just read that article and the woman who brought Cruise into it his first wife Mimi Rodgers has now left it so that makes it all his ex wife's are out.

All about the money this week.

Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

Yes very interesting this week. You can really see how it is set up as a money making scam from the very outset and they completely cover themselves against any future litigation or the possibility of having to refund. They have obviously put a lot of effort into making sure they are bullet proof from a legal point of view from the outset.

Let's hope that some equally clever legal mind can find cracks in the Scientology procedure and open them up to a flood of legal attacks. As this is possibly the best way to bring them down. There is little hope of reaching individual members and talking them out of it. The best way is to destroy the organisation itself rather than the individuals and let's face it the individuals are the victims of the organisation.

I enjoyed this week's seeing Leah with two of her friends who all grew up together and how it affected their friendships when they left at different times.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Priscella Presley was supposed to have left, but she denied it.

I wonder if this is what they were leading too.

Danny Masterson ( That 70's Show) rape accusations from fellow Scientologists is breaking tonight in the States.

• Advertisement

Powerful episode this week. You have to think that cracks are starting to form in the scientology armour.

Leah's snowballing comment seems to be true.

The next episode is on Sunday night.

It is interesting to see that regular Scientologist are seeing this show. Though there have been many one off documentaries on the subject over the years, they could be easily ignored or avoided by those who may not want to see them.

But this show has kept the pressure on for two years now and has generated a lot of press coverage. If you were a Scientologist this would be hard to ignore. Those in the sea org may be able to ignore it but the majority who live out in the real world will have trouble avoiding it.

There is talk this evening in the States that Trump wants to take away Scientology’s tax exemption.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Moodybear81

I wanted to watch it on demand on Sky on Tuesday and it's all gone, no season 1 or 2 even though it was there before. Anyone knows what happened?

Big let down of an episode this week. Though it is billed as a Reddit Ask Me Anything, they use clips from previous episodes to answer every question. So, basically a clip show.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

I've seen it in other docs were part of the initiation is revealing your most private/secretive thoughts and memories. It's been inferred that Scientology may have something on Travolta and Cruise as they record those sessions.

It's how a cult manipulates people into staying. To show yourself worthy, you must prove that you trust the organisation by revealing something personal and private about yourself and making it known. Scientology does this during the 'auditing' sessions. Something like how you got a speeding ticket won't suffice. It must be something juicy, preferably below the belt so to speak. Like how you are a recovering alcoholic, how you habitually beat your partner, that you are homosexual, or how you were molested as a child etc.

When you reveal something deeply private and express that to a group of people it has a traumatizing effect psychologically. The manipulative part is that they have some control over you now. If in time, you ever saw fit to leave the cult, then the knowledge that you have revealed personal (recorded) information prohibits you from leaving because if you do dissent such organisations are want to threaten you into remaining due to their power to divulge that information into the public domain. I guess that explains how otherwise rational people of sound mind remain members of this nefarious, greed driven cult.

Does anyone know if Season 2 has ended? It didn't seem to have a definite ending and there haven't been any new episodes for two weeks. Are there more episodes?

Leah Remini: Scientology And The Aftermath’ Season 3 Digs Deeper Into The Abusive Practices Of The Religion

The first season of A&E’s award-winning docuseries Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath explored the disconnection and breaking up of families stemming from the controversial religion. In the forthcoming third season, Remini and her co-host Mike Rinder continue to dive into the religion they were once part of to explore other abusive practices. The pair were joined on the Contenders stage with Co-Editor-in-chief Mike Fleming, Jr. to talk about how the new season of the series continues to expose details about the religion that have affected them and many others.

“You’re never a victim of Scientology — you’re not allowed to be a victim,” said Remini. “You don’t hear these stories when you’re in it — they keep these kinds of abuses very confidential. And members don’t tell other members for fear of being retaliated against.” Rinder also points out that they have opened the door to the Church of Scientology to be interviewed, but none have accepted.

She adds that there’s a policy in Scientology when you’re not allowed to go to the police and turning over to the authorities would do more damage. This would explain why there haven’t been many people coming forward before the A&E series. “If you’re raised in it, you don’t question it — you believe it because you want to believe it,” said Remini.

She adds, “If we are going to expose true evil in the world we ahve to come together and do something about it.”

http://deadline.com/2018/04/leah-remini-scientology-and-the-aftermath-season-3-ae-mike-rinder-the-contenders-1202364897/

Season 3 starts November 27th.

New York, NY- October 18, 2018- A&E Network’s Emmy-winning, groundbreaking docuseries “Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath” returns for an explosive third season on Tuesday, November 27 at 9pm ET/PT spanning eight episodes and four specials.

In addition, A&E will premiere the new two-hour special, “Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath: The Jehovah’s Witnesses,” on Tuesday, November 13 at 9pm ET/PT. For the first time, Remini and Mike Rinder will meet with former members of a different organization – the Jehovah’s Witnesses – and explore how other groups besides Scientology can subvert and exploit belief.

“Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath” won an Emmy Award for Outstanding Informational Series or Special in 2017 and was recognized by the TV Academy as a nominee in the same category in 2018. The series also won a Producers Guild Award and a NATPE Unscripted Breakthrough Award in 2018.

“Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath” and “Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath: The Jehovah’s Witnesses” are produced for A&E Network by The Intellectual Property Corporation (IPC), a company within the Industrial Media group. Remini serves as executive producer for her No Seriously Productions. Executive producers for IPC are Eli Holzman and Aaron Saidman. Myles Reiff serves as showrunner and executive producer, and Mike Rinder serves as co-executive producer. Executive producers for A&E Network are Devon Hammonds, Amy Savitsky and Elaine Frontain Bryant. A+E Networks holds worldwide distribution rights for “Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath.”

• Advertisement

I won't start a new thread for this just keep it part of the Aftermath stories.

Starts November 13th

Advertisement