Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

compsys wrote: »
    Are you serious?

This is why I’d struggle so much living in the West.

I’m sure Dublin has had at least 14 or 15 set days since then. Maybe someone else can confirm?

There have been 18 days with no rain recorded here in Glasnevin since the beginning of August. There may also have been some days with a small amount of drizzle or very light rain where nothing was recorded.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭Gavlor

You all really need to move to the sunny south east. It has been an unreal run of good weather for the last few weeks and we’ll more than likely get the best of any decent snow for winter too!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Gavlor wrote: »
    we’ll more than likely get the best of any decent snow for winter too!

only if we get an easterly and decent ones are as rare as hen's teeth. The majority of snow that comes our way most winters is cold zonal Atlantic westerlies or brief northerly flirts and the east coast rarely see's anything measurable from those.

But yeah the south-east certainly seems to do better for dryer and sunnier weather during the Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Please read my posts properly, I never said anywhere that it’s hazy today. That was in response to 2 August.

But your post said "Another day of sun tending to be hazy in nature in my area. Temperature has very little impact for me. Have seen a lot of such days this year with visibility not that great."

There's nothing to suggest a connection with the 2nd of August. I'd read it as being a report on current conditions at the time of writing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Beautiful cloud free day at the ploughing in Carlow today. Lots of red heads by the end of the day :) . Felt warmer than the 18C recorded there.

Pic: Unbroken sunshine and long shadows close to 17.00 in Fenagh today.

qR5qKLD.jpg?1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

highdef wrote: »
    But your post said "Another day of sun tending to be hazy in nature in my area. Temperature has very little impact for me. Have seen a lot of such days this year with visibility not that great."

There's nothing to suggest a connection with the 2nd of August. I'd read it as being a report on current conditions at the time of writing.

It’s a reply to somebody’s post who mentioned 2nd of August, that’s what the quote was for. I reworded it anyway.

Fantastic morning in Dublin again with only a few clouds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

sryanbruen wrote: »
    It’s a reply to somebody’s post who mentioned 2nd of August, that’s what the quote was for. I reworded it anyway.

Fantastic morning in Dublin again with only a few clouds.

Fair enough, I wasn't aware that it was referencing an earlier post.

Also agree that it's a lovely morning. Was quite chilly leaving the house in north Kildare a few hours ago and mist was beginning to form. Temperature was just over 4c. I see reports of 3c in both Mullingar and Mount Dillon @3c so a possible slight grass frost in these locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

Another beautiful morning in Kildare. Long may it last.

Next week not looking great with Low Pressure dominating possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Ditto
    11c atm
    Clonmel has probably died of fright :D

Many need to take a few days over the summer in east Wicklow or Wexford to get used to it for weeks like this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Another lovely bright and sunny morning in Castlebar, hopefully we get another two days out of this spell before it potentially breaks down on Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

pad199207 wrote: »
    Another beautiful morning in Kildare. Long may it last.

Next week not looking great with Low Pressure dominating possible

yep, enjoy the next few days. Next week is looking deeply unsettled with plenty of wind and rain. There are also signs that things may quieten down again into the first week of October but that's a long way off.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,106 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Absolutely glorious in salthill, blue skies, hot sun and not a breathe of wind whatsoever. Water so calm.

Beautiful, really enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

New ross bypass bridge this morning
    xjculvN.jpg

a stunning day here in Meath and temperatures have finally recovered, currently 18C, we could reach 20 or 21C on Friday. Breakdown begins Friday night into Saturday morning for much of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Gonzo wrote: »
    a stunning day here in Meath and temperatures have finally recovered, currently 18C, we could reach 20 or 21C on Friday. Breakdown begins Friday night into Saturday morning for much of the country.

Feck so it does
    Was hoping to get one nice day of weekend out of it :(

km79 wrote: »
    Feck so it does
    Was hoping to get one nice day of weekend out of it :(

yep, a bit earlier than I would like. The east and north may get a few hours of decent weather on Saturday but it could still end up crossing the country very quickly early on Saturday. We will all be well into the fresher Atlantic air by Sunday.

Currently it looks like showers crossing the country from midday Saturday with a longer spell of rain into western areas developing Saturday afternoon and crossing the country Saturday evening.

arpegeuk-1-85-0.png?18-06

• Registered Users Posts: 18,106 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Picture of Salthill from earlier today. Note how still the water is.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Weather is unreal in Cork City - nicer than anything I can remember from the summer months - clear blue skies, very warm sun....what more could ya want, even if it is only till Saturday!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Smashing day again. I much prefer a spell like this in April or September as it doesn't get overly hot and you can let the kids out in it.

I was running this morning and it was so cool with fabulous dew on the hedgerows.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭OldRio

Well, summer today. Wonderful. Took its time but arrived eventually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,879 ✭✭✭pauldry

Nicest day since August 2nd in Sligo when it was 25.2c. Hope Saturday at least holds dry in the East as Im there with the kids.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Looks like the 3rd day in row of 20C + coming up tomorrow here around Tralee.

The last two days got up to 20.4C here outside Tralee.

BhyjY8e.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭Gavlor

There have been some stunning sunsets over the past week or so. Comeragh Mountains to the west.

pauldry wrote: »
    Nicest day since August 2nd in Sligo when it was 25.2c. Hope Saturday at least holds dry in the East as Im there with the kids.

could be some showers in the east by the afternoon or evening, but temperatures will hold up well, getting to 21 or 22C on Saturday if there is any sunshine before the Atlantic rattles in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

A lot of cloud again this morning in Letterkenny but turned into a beautiful afternoon/evening with plenty of sunshine, would say today was nicer than any day we had all summer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Very foggy morning in cork city interestingly!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Sunshine hours from yesterday 18th of September

11.8 Dublin Airport
    11.7 Johnstown Castle
    11.6 Gurteen
    11.3 Valentia
    11.1 Casement
    11.1 Shannon Airport
    10.8 Knock Airport
    10.0 Cork Airport
    9.8 Belmullet
    6.7 Malin Head

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

A beautiful day in Castlebar, currently 22.6C and low humidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Kutebride

What a day. Wow. Back on with the SPF and sun hat for the school run. Hardly be lucky to get no homework for the last of this fab week.
    20°C Meath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

After the fog burned off we were given another sunny blue sky day and warm day in cork city.

Advertisement