Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreamer of the year (Arcade Edition)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

What's the deal with VGA anyway. If i have a super rare game would I send it off to them to be verified or what?
    All the VGA games I see on ebay all seem to be sealed in some crappy plastic box, not even collector level stuff from what I see, cheap and nasty looking.

Is it worth getting games rated by them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Send your two Darius Alpha's to me and I will inspect them for you.

I promise I won't sniff them or Roger them. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Steve SI wrote: »
    Is it worth getting games rated by them

Self appointed assholes? No.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Pyongyang wrote: »

Ah yes Darius Alpha. The most rubbish game in the Darius series :D
    Make me an offer for one:) I'm a reasonable guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Pyongyang wrote: »

Ah yes Darius Alpha. The most rubbish game in the Darius series :D
    Make me an offer for one:) I'm a reasonable guy.

I actually agree. It is poo. Its just a boss rush. But still, its Darius.

Although, €900 would buy my full Batrider kit and an Ibara kit in July so...

One day though I will knock at your door and sniff all your games!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,426 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

What's the deal with VGA anyway. If i have a super rare game would I send it off to them to be verified or what?
    All the VGA games I see on ebay all seem to be sealed in some crappy plastic box, not even collector level stuff from what I see, cheap and nasty looking.

Is it worth getting games rated by them.

Here's the really annoying thing about them. The price they charge depends on the value of the game. So if you send a really valuable game off to them to be checked and graded, expect to pay a decent enough sum of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Somebody needs to get that chap a dictionary so he can look up the definition of "new". :rolleyes:

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Somebody needs to get that chap a dictionary so he can look up the definition of "new". :rolleyes:

I've a brand new boxed Mega Cd1. I've owned it for about 8 years, played it loads of times too. There's also a multi-region bios in it so it can play Mega CD/Sega CD & Jap Mega CD discs. The box is tatty, but its old. Still though, it's brand new

EnterNow wrote: »
    I've a brand new boxed Mega Cd1. I've owned it for about 8 years, played it loads of times too. There's also a multi-region bios in it so it can play Mega CD/Sega CD & Jap Mega CD discs. The box is tatty, but its old. Still though, it's brand new

Must be worth at least 500 notes, I'll take it! Or maybe trade you for a brand new never opened Marathon bar I bought, over two decades ago.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

By 'never opened' do you mean 'it only has one bite out of it'? As from what I hear, that can also be considered new.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

BRAND NEW! But i took it out of the box just now to take these 50 photos.. honest...

I'm not up to speed on prices these days but isn't that a bit expensive as a starting bid for an unboxed Snes? Especially when you factor in the £20 shipping? No yellowing = extremely rare is a bit of a stretch isn't it?

I'm not up to speed on prices these days but isn't that a bit expensive as a starting bid for an unboxed Snes? Especially when you factor in the £20 shipping? No yellowing = extremely rare is a bit of a stretch isn't it?

Sorry I neglected to mention his BIN price. Madness, worthy of adverts really

Heh I forgot what thread this was in. :o Aye, rip off. The amount of use the word "rare" gets these days is comical.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Look, that guy might have paid up to £15 for that in a car boot over the weekend, you wanna deny him a small profit???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Heh I forgot what thread this was in. :o Aye, rip off. The amount of use the word "rare" gets these days is comical.

General rule of thumb is that unless you can see another example of said item in the same room then its rare.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

If anyone is dumb enough to be taken in by the word "rare" next to a copy of, say, Army Men, then they deserve to be fleeced, they really do.
    It's Darwinism in action in the retrocollecting world.
    Yes kids, evolution is real and happening all around us!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    If anyone is dumb enough to be taken in by the word "rare" next to a copy of, say, Army Men, then they deserve to be fleeced, they really do.
    It's Darwinism in action in the retrocollecting world.
    Yes kids, evolution is real and happening all around us!

When you see the word 'rare', you should run a country mile. However, this will lead to difficulties in ordering steak in a restaurant. Those be the pros and cons of retrocollecting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

seems legit.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Comes complete with custom made Box!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,808 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Really inspires buyer confidence.

Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Really inspires buyer confidence.

Well what can you expect for a mere €7?!

Wait a minute.

/rereads ad.

/Spits out tea all over laptop screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

That's shocking, adverts needs to start using a price guide to stop the crazies
    We should start a buyers guide price sticky here
    Somethink like the one in retrogamer magazine 23

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Strange you should post that, I've been talking to a few lads who make reproduction starfox2 carts today. Would love to get my hands on it but wont be paying more than 50$ (thats including me providing the doner cart, doom/winter gold )

A psp that can't be bought in Ireland? Hmm, obviously, it's discontinued :confused:http://www.adverts.ie/playstation/psp-can-t-be-bought-in-ireland-limited-edition/1467395

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Advertisement