Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worried about catching covid

Options
  • 20-01-2021 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I'm very worried catching covid. I'm currently working but there has been very little measures implemented, there's no staggering shifts, start times and breaks, people ignoring mask rules and little social distancing between staff. Causing me huge anxiety. My workplace is unsafe and I don't know what to do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi.

Can you get involved in the covid workplace team? Are there meetings where you can raise issues? Find out who is responsible for enforcement, query the measures being taken etc.

if at all possible i would work within the company framework.

if you read this - there is a section on who you can complain to - externally.

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/employment/return_to_work/returning_to_work_and_covid19.html#l9eb00

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rondog

Have you got any underlying conditions?

My whole family had it,dad whos 70+ and has underlying conditions,mother too.

All my sisters family too.

We all had mild cold symptoms,i personally took 2 days to get over it but still had to isolate for 2 weeks.

The vasy majority of people will breeze thru this COVID virus and you may be one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

rondog wrote: »
    Have you got any underlying conditions?

My whole family had it,dad whos 70+ and has underlying conditions,mother too.

The vasy majority of people will breeze thru this COVID virus and you may be one of them.

My mother, mid sixties, no previous conditions, ended up in hospital on a breathing machine for 5 days and I would consider the woman healthier than me...

The fact you are dismissing it like a common cold is crazy...

I am working in an office myself but we are all spaced out entirely and a place that normally has 100 or so staff in a big building, now has about 12 people in it, everyone else working from home, I think that is how it should be done...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

Mod:

There are dozens of threads to discuss covid19 as it has its own forum, so this isn't the place for general discussion. Please have advice for the OP when you post.

I know people who have had it and had mild symptoms, i know others who have become seriously ill, with no differences between the two, so debate about how severe an infection may be is not useful to the OP.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Talk to your manager. They're responsible to provide a safe work place.
    Is working from home an option?

• Advertisement
Advertisement