Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switch question

Options
  • 28-06-2020 2:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

Hope someone can answer this. Two of my kids are after a switch.

They’ll be getting one each (not a lite), if one is playing a game (e.g. minecraft), can the other join the game without having the cartridge (or whatever it uses is) if they’re on the same network?

Sorry if it seems like a dumb question.

Or if the games are download, can I create one account, download minecraft (again for example) to both switches and they can both play with different Mojang accounts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

It definitely can't be done with a cartridge.

It definitely can be done with a digital download of the game though, it is all to do with setting up as a family and one switch being used as the main account. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will be along to tell you exactly how it's done.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,457 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

About €13 in the South African eShop (better than paying €29.99 here).

Advertisement