Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wolcen Lords of Mayhem

• 13-02-2020 11:59am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As a big ARPG and loot game fan ive kept an eye on this one for feels like 4 years or more [kick starter in 2013 infact].
    Played the beta at different stages and really liked it.
    Thankfully Endgame is looking very unique and interesting.
    Its released today and seems to be going down well with the usual ARPG content creators and streamers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I've played shamefully few ARPGs, but the buzz about this seems strong alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

I have been playing it since just after kickstarter years ago(it was called umbra back then)
    ...It has certainly changed hugely,but the recent iteration of the beta with the first act is totally mindblowing.
    Im just hoping the servers dont go poof at launch with all the ultra hype the game is getting recently

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Quick tip if thinking of picking this up.
    Buy before 5pm today as it goes up to either €39.99 or €44.99 its unclear yet but as its fully released then its full price and no longer early access.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

€35 now

Not too big a jump to be fair.

• Advertisement

Servers getting hammered , no surprise really but im not going to bother yet.
    They have upped server capacity but still going to be hours yet to be sorted according to twitter.
    I might roll an offline character for a quick go but dont want to go too far with it as i want my main character to be online to have best of both worlds.

Meanwhile skillup who i dont normally like has a very good review up also Rykker has a nice beginners guide vid to whet the appetite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Without having played it, and having only watched a few bits of gameplay, there's a serious bang of Diablo 3 off it. If you've played it, would you say this is more like Diablo 3 or more like Diablo 2/Grim Dawn or more like Path of Exile?

Class variety seems more ... varied ... than D3, though not as much as some others perhaps.

Maybe it's just the aesthetic that reminds me a lot of D3.

I think I'll probably hold off before pulling the trigger until the bugs are fixed and a bit more end-game feedback is out there.

Only thing similar to D3 for me is damage numbers and super fluid animations, maybe the expedition system too is like greater rifts but i havent got that far yet.
    As for bugs ive encountered none in my short 3 hours playtime.
    For me its like the best bits from D3,Grim Dawn and a touch of POE without its clunkyness and clutter.
    Theres no class system per say but its very very deep and customizable with huge scope for diverse builds and hybrids etc.
    Very impressed so far.

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Friend mentioned this in Discord and I looked it up. Very tempted to snag it as I do love a good ole ARPG. Diablo 1/2/3, PoE, Grim Dawn, Torchlight 1/2 etc. I'm just about getting over the MHW addiction now that all missions are done and only the 'deco-grind' is left, so this might be my next purchase.

You could do alot worse.

So this is what crack cocaine is like.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Any co op play?

Yep but servers are down more or less since launch.
    They are finding it a real struggle such is the number of players and a very small studio.
    About this time yesterday they said servers will be back up today at midday but have tweeted a few mins ago they are not quite ready yet.
    Good thing is it has offfline play [seperate chararcters to online mode] so you can play atleast.
    While its frustrating its understandable but loads have got refunds on steam because they cant play online.
    Personally im willing to wait, what i played in offline mode is the best ive played in an ARPG in a decade or so.

The official discord is an absolute cesspit of abuse directed towards the devs.
    A tiny studio of less than 40 people are doing their best to keep servers going, they are using an outside hosting company so the cant do it all in house like other devs yet the gamers sense of entitlement just chooses to ignore this.

I got about 90 mins online and it was silky smooth with a sweet ping of 7ms to their Irish server :)

Remember you cant take your offline character online at any stage.

level 11 offline, me and a few others will lash tru the online when its working.

They really need to fix the hit box on flying enemies, painful trying to kill those bats.

Went with a melee only build, hilarious with the sparta jump, massive warhammer and phantom hammer/ swishy axe thing.

Others are using magic type builds, no idea how this will pan out online :D

Servers up

Got my offline mellee dude to lvl 32 and started Act 3, the combat is sooooo visceral its awesome,throwing hammers,spinning axes its great!!!
    However now servers are back ill go back on my sniper/turret/engineer type dude tis great fun, only lvl 13 though but i want best of both worlds with solo and co-op when i wish.

Final boss of Act 1 OMFG your gonna wet yourselves.

Something is a bit off, I knocked the crap out of the Svirr fire monster offline with a level 8 with warhammer, now online with level 11 and it is knocking the **** out of me, its like my dodge roll works when it wants to.

Would like a 3rd potion slot.

Agreed online feels a tad bit off compared to the 30 mins i got to play online on release day but as we know teething issues are magnified with such a small studio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

They should have released the game when it was ready..unfortunatly its filled full of bugs and the servers are up and down liek a hoors knickers.
    Saying that i did manage to get to lvl 70 online..its getting better day by day...but theres a whole heap of nasty bugs to be fixed.

GHOST MGG wrote: »
    They should have released the game when it was ready..unfortunatly its filled full of bugs and the servers are up and down liek a hoors knickers.
    Saying that i did manage to get to lvl 70 online..its getting better day by day...but theres a whole heap of nasty bugs to be fixed.

How the fcuk did you do that? I am level 12 and have it since release.

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    How the fcuk did you do that? I am level 12 and have it since release.

You should hit lvl 12 in about 90 mins playtime tbh as the early levels fly by as per usual with an arpg.
    I have an offline character at lvl 33 and online at 30.

Encountered one minor bug in 23hrs of play thus far, so either I'm very lucky, or the bug collection is restricted to end-game, or there's some serious exaggeration. Either way, I'll wait until I hit level-cap before I decide which one it is

Same here ive got maybe 2-3 minor bugs, nothing anything near game breaking after 28 hours play time.

2.8gb patch today

Fixed a crash at connection(Checking game version) if a player starts an endgame "transmutation forge" or "Black market" project.
    Fixed an issue preventing players to click on "Play" in Multiplayer.
    Fixed an issue allowing players to have more passive skill nodes activated than their total points would allow.
    Fixed item duplication via chest panel issue (offline).
    Fixed stackable items duplication.
    Fixed invalid sell price on stacked items.
    Fixed an issue that caused a chest panel deletion when changing acts.
    Fixed item deletion when exiting the game while dragging an item from the inventory.
    Fixed an issue causing players to fall from act 1 boss' platform while using Warpath.
    Fixed an issue causing crafting reagents to ignore lower tier gems when selecting magic effects.
    Fixed an issue preventing DOT damage bonuses to be displayed in the character sheet detail panel.
    The Block Efficiency cannot exceed 75% anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

First time I actually hearing about this, but going to pick it up at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Anyone still playing? It still got issues?

Most of the bugs fixed, most issues now are end game players demanding more.

Has been a fair amount of patches since release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Is it worth getting? Compared to say, Diablo3 or Grim Dawn?

I ask this as someone who loves Grim Dawn, but thought D3 was average, if fun.

Dcully the man to answer that, i would be a lightweight in ARPGS

Advertisement