Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

eFootball PES2020

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

National Teams

Europe
    SAN MARINO

OMG! This is the best news ever! I love San Marino! :):)

I might just buy this game after all. :)

I'm being completely serious btw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Wilberto wrote: »
    OMG! This is the best news ever! I love San Marino! :):)

I might just buy this game after all. :)

I'm being completely serious btw!

MyClub White Benchers - - - - UNITE!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

ERG89 wrote: »

Regarding option files is it worth paying for PesUniverse??

I'd like one that has more than the Premier League teams

A perennial question on here. The common consensus is that it's not worth paying for an option file as there will be a number of quality ones out there that are free. I would suggest keeping an eye on this thread as there will be a discussion on release day as to whether anyone has found any decent option files so you'll see what people are using then. Last year I got an option file on day one that had all the European leagues and they all seemed fine until I noticed a month or two later that the Championship teams had been botched and all their kits looked the same. By that stage there were lots of updated option files to choose from online so I picked another and used it until the end of the season. I think many who pay for the option file just do so to avoid the leg work of finding the free ones and prefer to just know they will have one presented to them on the day they need it. If that's what floats your boat then go for it, but you certainly don't have to pay for a quality option file if that's what you're asking.

No. Real players but fake kit and logo.

Based on Ireland being marked as 4* from the following …

*1 Uniforms, team names and emblems will be PES original design, players will be real.
    *2 PES original team uniforms, team names, emblems and players.
    *3 PES original team uniforms and players.
    *4 PES original team uniforms, players will be real.

I interpreted that as being only the kit will be fake, whereas the team emblem/logo/badge will be real as well as the real players. But it's not perfectly clear so I may be wrong on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Based on Ireland being marked as 4* from the following …

*1 Uniforms, team names and emblems will be PES original design, players will be real.
    *2 PES original team uniforms, team names, emblems and players.
    *3 PES original team uniforms and players.
    *4 PES original team uniforms, players will be real.

I interpreted that as being only the kit will be fake, whereas the team emblem/logo/badge will be real as well as the real players. But it's not perfectly clear so I may be wrong on that.

Well the logo will be the Irish flag and not the official FAI logo. The licensed countries will have their flag on the team select screen but obviously on their kits they'll have the real logo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Gamestop doing a deal on preorders at the moment (€9.99 with 1 game from their trade-in list).

https://www.gamestop.ie/gamescom

Surprisingly enough, PES 2019 is on the trade-in list so looks like a good deal for updating this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

As an Xbox1 gamer, I presume there's no way of getting option files / kits?

Gamestop doing a deal on preorders at the moment (€9.99 with 1 game from their trade-in list).

https://www.gamestop.ie/gamescom

Surprisingly enough, PES 2019 is on the trade-in list so looks like a good deal for updating this year.

That is absolutely crazy if it's not a mistake or it is and they honour it. PES 19 will be worth no more than a tenner in just a few weeks time (if its even worth that now) so they are effectively valuing the sale at around 20 euro for a game they will otherwise be selling for 65! I've already sold my physical copy but I'd be interested to know if anybody manages to take advantage of this superb deal with a PES 19 trade in.

whiskeyman wrote: »
    As an Xbox1 gamer, I presume there's no way of getting option files / kits?

Sadly no. There's still no way to do this with PES 2020 as the restriction is with the XBOne hardware which doesn't permit importing of files from USB.

That is absolutely crazy if it's not a mistake or it is and they honour it. PES 19 will be worth no more than a tenner in just a few weeks time (if its even worth that now) so they are effectively valuing the sale at around 20 euro for a game they will otherwise be selling for 65! I've already sold my physical copy but I'd be interested to know if anybody manages to take advantage of this superb deal with a PES 19 trade in.

Going to try tomorrow and will report back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

It's real. Traded it in a couple of weeks ago towards Luigis Mansion.

Going to try tomorrow and will report back!

Happy to report that not only did they accept the trade in, the cost of the 2020 game only came up as €4.99!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

F*** PES Universe.

That is all.

Happy to report that not only did they accept the trade in, the cost of the 2020 game only came up as €4.99!

Accepted my trade in too but didn't get as lucky. Still, 9.99 is a great deal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Ah sh1t I missed out on the Gamestop "Gamescom" offer last week.
    Guy in store said you can trade in for a 50% off new game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

See a few people got there hands on the game early abroad and have uploaded videos and pics from master league etc. There was live streams as well as far as i know.

Its all on the wepes sub reddit anyway.

See a few people got there hands on the game early abroad and have uploaded videos and pics from master league etc. There was live streams as well as far as i know.

Its all on the wepes sub reddit anyway.

Ya I've been looking through it. Other than the colours for the background, nothing visually has really changed. So lazy.

Master league menu looks different but apparently everything else is the exact same as last year. Transfers are much better though it seems which is probably the main thing. No info on myclub yet so they probably haven't changed anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,603 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Are all legends useable as managers in ML?

Can Beckham be used for example?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

What's the best price on this lads ?

What's the best price on this lads ?

The gamestop offer was probably the best but I think the game collection is probably the next cheapest

• Advertisement

Played more of the demo.
    Some beautiful animations.
    The deft lob shot is magnificent.
    I lobbed the keeper by a distance, and he laid still on the ground with his head in the ground annoyed.
    Really enjoying the demo so can't wait for the full version.
    By far better than last year's version and the best footie game ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Played more of the demo.
    Some beautiful animations.
    The deft lob shot is magnificent.
    I lobbed the keeper by a distance, and he laid still on the ground with his head in the ground annoyed.
    Really enjoying the demo so can't wait for the full version.
    By far better than last year's version and the best footie game ever.

I'd be scared to see how many hours I put into PES 2019.

Cienciano wrote: »
    I'd be scared to see how many hours I put into PES 2019.

Yeah I played PES almost exclusively for the last 12 months which was very surprising and I'm not sure I want the same to happen again for the next 12 months as I'd like to play other games too. I forced myself to try and play through RDR2 for a period but I'm still only about 75% through the main story as I kept returning to PES. It's just so easy to pick up and play even in short bursts (which often turn into longer ones). PES 2020 seems like it will play as well if not better so it may be equally addictive even if I'm hoping to be less obsessed with it.

There's a short thread here about the launch next week but the key points are ...
    • there will be a day one game patch
    • Data Pack 1.01 will provide licence and player updates
    • All the transfers from the summer window will be downloadable on Thurs 12th

That last one sounds like we'll be playing with last season's squads for the first couple of days then. Not the end of the world as I won't be playing much until the 12th anyway, but it sucks for those who want to get stuck into Master League straight away

https://twitter.com/officialpes/status/1169218570296971264?s=20

There's a short thread here about the launch next week but the key points are ...
    • there will be a day one game patch
    • Data Pack 1.01 will provide licence and player updates
    • All the transfers from the summer window will be downloadable on Thurs 12th

That last one sounds like we'll be playing with last season's squads for the first couple of days then. Not the end of the world as I won't be playing much until the 12th anyway, but it sucks for those who want to get stuck into Master League straight away

https://twitter.com/officialpes/status/1169218570296971264?s=20

People on twitter freaking out over it and the casual gamers saying they won't buy it because of it. Talk about being over dramatic! It's only 2 days! A few years ago we waited almost 5 weeks for a transfer update, may have even been more!

My only worry is that nothing has been announced about myclub yet which could mean it's a rinse repeat of last year or there's big changes afoot

Colemania wrote: »
    My only worry is that nothing has been announced about myclub yet which definitely means it's a rinse repeat of last year

Fixed that for you there, Colemania! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭tigger123

Just bought in on Games Collection for £35.85, which translates into €39.97 in real money.

Can't wait to get my grubby mitts on it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

People on twitter freaking out over it and the casual gamers saying they won't buy it because of it. Talk about being over dramatic! It's only 2 days! A few years ago we waited almost 5 weeks for a transfer update, may have even been more!

My only worry is that nothing has been announced about myclub yet which could mean it's a rinse repeat of last year or there's big changes afoot

Not going to stop me buying it on release but it's not good enough to release a game with out of date transfers in this day and age. No other sports game releases with out of date squads and the majority have weekly updates while changes can happen (eg madden, NBA, MLB games with the trade windows).

The transfers should be a really quick fix, it's a database editor. I recall spending a day back in the ps2 days updating transfers manually. This is a full development team.

Not going to stop me buying it on release but it's not good enough to release a game with out of date transfers in this day and age. No other sports game releases with out of date squads and the majority have weekly updates while changes can happen (eg madden, NBA, MLB games with the trade windows).

The transfers should be a really quick fix, it's a database editor. I recall spending a day back in the ps2 days updating transfers manually. This is a full development team.

It's not really. If players don't exist in their database, they have to create and design them.

Each to their own but the hysteria over two days waiting is pathetic. Not saying that you're hysterical but I've seen people lose their minds over it and they really need perspective as its pathetic.

Konami have advised of the two day wait in advance so nobody is buying a game on the pretence that it's up to date and gets shafted. If it bothers people so much, wait til Friday to buy it.

• Advertisement

It's not really. If players don't exist in their database, they have to create and design them.

Each to their own but the hysteria over two days waiting is pathetic. Not saying that you're hysterical but I've seen people lose their minds over it and they really need perspective as its pathetic.

Konami have advised of the two day wait in advance so nobody is buying a game on the pretence that it's up to date and gets shafted. If it bothers people so much, wait til Friday to buy it.

Of the league's that are in the game the number of players who don't exist or have never existed in this game engine can't be too high. I would imagine that most players would be happy to accept a limited update (ie the top 5 leagues) if that is a genuine reason.

Could you imagine FIFA with a much larger database releasing with out of date transfers?

I'm not that bothered and agree the hysterical reaction is over the top but it's just another reason why Konami will never be able to topple FIFA.

Of the league's that are in the game the number of players who don't exist or have never existed in this game engine can't be too high. I would imagine that most players would be happy to accept a limited update (ie the top 5 leagues) if that is a genuine reason.

Could you imagine FIFA with a much larger database releasing with out of date transfers?

I'm not that bothered and agree the hysterical reaction is over the top but it's just another reason why Konami will never be able to topple FIFA.

They have to ensure all the South American leagues, Russian leagues, Asian leagues etc are up to date. That's a lot of teams and a lot of smaller countries (from an exposure perspective) that they have to get absolutely right. They release it fully updated or not at all. Targeting a few leagues spits in the face of leagues that they're developing as 'not a priority'.

Realistically PES will never topple fifa but it knows that. EA are too heavily resourced and licensed to ever be even concerned by Konami.

But come on, it's 48 hours. A bit of perspective goes a long way.

Anyhoo, Konami are giving all players 500 coins as an apology for the two day wait for updated squads. Nice if unnecessary gesture in my opinion.

Also there's been some talk finally about myClub but it doesn't see like much to be honest.
    • National Team 'Featured Players' (I guess for international weeks)
    • Player Stats screens look a bit cleaner and they have extra kits slots
    • new legends (none mentioned apart from some being from partner clubs ... Cantona would be a giggle!)
    • Play Matchday Events with myClub squads (I don't know what this means tbh)

So it might be a little shinier but if those are the only changes there's little if anything worth talking about different this year as feared.

Thread here https://twitter.com/officialpes/status/1169905886011113473?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jclack

tigger123 wrote: »
    Just bought in on Games Collection for £35.85, which translates into €39.97 in real money.

Can't wait to get my grubby mitts on it!

What are they like for delivery times?

jclack wrote: »

They're ok. I've bought from them the last few years, generally its despatched on the day of release and you have it on the following Tuesday or Wednesday.

jclack wrote: »

Got Wreckfest delivered to my place in Dublin the day before release date last month.

I've never once had them despatch on release date. Its always a day or two before (weekends permitting).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

What is the difference between the standard edition and the standard with the man united cover (on Amazon price is 10e difference)

Drumpot wrote: »
    What is the difference between the standard edition and the standard with the man united cover (on Amazon price is 10e difference)

I stand to be corrected but I'm pretty sure only the cover is the difference so it's a complete waste of money unless you're an obsessed fan or collector.

Drumpot wrote: »

Its 10 euro cheaper for a reason. Nobody wants a game with Man United plastered all over it :pac:

Oh you meant the other way around.......

No difference anyway as far as I know

Bear in mind that on release date, the transfer window will have just closes 8 days previous. There was a LOT of transfers on the last day so there's a fair bit of work to get through alright. It's only 2 days anyway, not the end of the world

That is absolutely ridiculous if that's the only difference for the price differential. I mean, who'd actually pay the extra €10?

Apart from Scott and perhaps his family.

• Advertisement

Wilberto wrote: »
    That is absolutely ridiculous if that's the only difference for the price differential. I mean, who'd actually pay the extra €10?

Apart from Scott and perhaps his family.

I don't know where its €10 more but its only £1 more on TheGameCollection so whoever is putting 10 on it is gouging.

Bear in mind that on release date, the transfer window will have just closes 8 days previous. There was a LOT of transfers on the last day so there's a fair bit of work to get through alright. It's only 2 days anyway, not the end of the world

Without knowing how the DB is setup I can only speculate but the fact they’re admitting it’s not great themselves says a lot IMO. It’s a yearly game, some of which are often accused of being squad updates and little else. Konami have consistently been poor on something they should be getting right on release day. If you can’t get the squads up to date for launch day then postpone the launch. They’ve got a short window prior to Fifa coming out to try get new fans, any fifa man who buys this is going to be turned off by something so basic being off. It’s hard enough without licensing but one thing they can absolutely get right is the squads for release day.

As I said already it won’t deter me, I love PES but that’s the kind of thing which shouldn’t be hard to get right for release. If the game is to go continue to win back fans from fifa these are the kind of things they need to get right. Fifa is rubbish at the moment, chance to capitalise on that is now.

Without knowing how the DB is setup I can only speculate but the fact they’re admitting it’s not great themselves says a lot IMO. It’s a yearly game, some of which are often accused of being squad updates and little else. Konami have consistently been poor on something they should be getting right on release day. If you can’t get the squads up to date for launch day then postpone the launch. They’ve got a short window prior to Fifa coming out to try get new fans, any fifa man who buys this is going to be turned off by something so basic being off. It’s hard enough without licensing but one thing they can absolutely get right is the squads for release day.

As I said already it won’t deter me, I love PES but that’s the kind of thing which shouldn’t be hard to get right for release. If the game is to go continue to win back fans from fifa these are the kind of things they need to get right. Fifa is rubbish at the moment, chance to capitalise on that is now.

If they delayed it two days and the reason was to wait until the squads were updated, people would flip out and say they should have just released it. Lose/Lose.

It's really an overreaction from all quarters.

If they delayed it two days and the reason was to wait until the squads were updated, people would flip out and say they should have just released it. Lose/Lose.

It's really an overreaction from all quarters.

Apologies if I wasn’t clear, I meant they should release 2 days later if they knew (and clearly they did) it would take that long to complete the update. I don’t mean delay,I mean pick that date from the beginning.

I agree the reaction in some quarters has been over the top but some criticism is warranted in this case IMO. If I’m on my own here I’ll shut up, don’t want to derail the thread. I’m a PES fan, just want to see them do better when they can.

Well, one day to go.
    Not since PES6 have I anticipated a PES game before.
    Nearly feel like phoning up a few stores to see if they have it for sale early!
    Can remember a few places years ago doing that..

When will the reviews be available?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,603 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I'd love to get my hands on it this evening. Would be great if someone broke the release date

I was one of the mugs who ordered the Man Utd version of the game from TheGameCollection but they emailed me and said they were let down from their supplier so am getting the regular game but with £10 credit on the account. Prob won't get it til Wednesday so tho :(

Nothing ever goes as planned for us United fans these days! Ha

I'd love to get my hands on it this evening. Would be great if someone broke the release date

Gamestop used to put it out on the shelves the day before release, just before closing. Used to go in and get it then and worked 3 years in a row but this was about 15 years ago so a lot has changed since then :P

Gamestop used to put it out on the shelves the day before release, just before closing. Used to go in and get it then and worked 3 years in a row but this was about 15 years ago so a lot has changed since then :P

Haha yeah. I remember HMV in Dundrum or Game used to call you the night before and tell you it was available and could be collected in the hour before close.

Or once or twice, you could go into one and tell them the other were selling it and they'd give it to you :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement