Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFootball PES2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

If I pause and go back I'm usually greeted with ridiculous lag for a few seconds or until I pause again.

Pes 19 did it aswell, any idea what it is? Doing my head in

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Had a few games there with the demo. Bayern V Utd. 17 minutes in, yellow for Boateng! :pac:

He did of course puck up a second later on! :pac: :)

After that it was Barca V Arsenal, in a game where Rakitic was sent off! :eek: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I know it is a demo, but the overall graphic quality is terrible.

Not sure if it is the resolution or my TV, I had to shut it down after few minutes...

Anybody else noticed this?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

wonski wrote: »

Not sure if it is the resolution or my TV, I had to shut it down after few minutes...

Big gripe I have is players bodies/faces have a weird dark glaze on them (in the pre-match thing and in replays)

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Snow Crash

It looks pretty nice on my PC monitor and I went from playing PES 2019 straight onto the new demo and PES 2020 looks far better and runs smoother too. Maybe you've got some weird setting on your TV turned on making it look weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

It’s very dark for me, didn’t have this problem with 2019. I remember having this issue as well with one of the FIFA demos but it was grand ok release.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

2019 looked fine for me so not sure what's wrong.

Maybe I missed something in the initial settings.

Will check again, but not impressed so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 19 puntyboy82

callaway92 wrote: »
    Big gripe I have is players bodies/faces have a weird dark glaze on them (in the pre-match thing and in replays)

Try turning down sharpness in the TV/Monitor picture settings if its available. Ronaldo looked like he was covered in moles and Mandzukic like a 75 year old Gremlin before using the same settings I had for PES 2019.

I find the best screen to get the right settings is the Game Plan screen where you can see the players faces and the colour of the form arrows. For problems with too dark / too bright, I turned off HDR and the Deep Colour output in the PS4 Video Output settings.

3 demo games in - This is ****e. Whats wrong with my players??? (forgetting I'm playing with BOCA and not my 4000 rated MyClub team) Why is the ball crazy like seemingly the weight of a melon but the physics of a balloon??? I'm definitely not buying it this year. Oh Konami you've let me down. Wondering what to do with my life this year.

10 demo Games in - Its actually not that bad.

20 demo games in- MwuHahaha look how i can move, I just danced past that muppet and nutmegged him. Look how the ball works. Damn sliding tackles are real!, the refs not wrong, I WAS WRONG!! Look how my RB randomly ended up in that goal scoring tap in position! MY GOD did you see that ball bounce after I smacked the upright, crossbar, left post and STILL stayed out???? See the look on De Geas face?

Incredible game. Cant wait for Sept 10th.

D_turbo wrote: »
    Very impressed with it even from the demo.

Refs are very very soft towards the computer. Even a slightly messy interception is s free. I'm sure it'll be said and sorted out though. Don't think I got one free

It's terrible V Com and needs to be fixed. Much more sensible online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

puntyboy82 wrote: »
    MY GOD did you see that ball bounce after I smacked the upright, crossbar, left post and STILL stayed out????

Similar thing happened to me in one of my games the other night. I smashed a shot from the corner of the 6 yard box and it hit the near upright and then cannoned onto the bar and out. I was thinking 'wtf just happened! how did that not go in?!' for as split second before I refocused on getting the ball back as I was a goal down and desperately chasing an equaliser late in the game. I had actually forgotten about it until you mentioned your own crazy moment. I hope that event isn't too common though as that sort of ricochet doesn't realistically happen every second match IRL.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

3 demo games in - This is ****e. Whats wrong with my players??? (forgetting I'm playing with BOCA and not my 4000 rated MyClub team) Why is the ball crazy like seemingly the weight of a melon but the physics of a balloon??? I'm definitely not buying it this year. Oh Konami you've let me down. Wondering what to do with my life this year.

10 demo Games in - Its actually not that bad.

20 demo games in- MwuHahaha look how i can move, I just danced past that muppet and nutmegged him. Look how the ball works. Damn sliding tackles are real!, the refs not wrong, I WAS WRONG!! Look how my RB randomly ended up in that goal scoring tap in position! MY GOD did you see that ball bounce after I smacked the upright, crossbar, left post and STILL stayed out???? See the look on De Geas face?

Incredible game. Cant wait for Sept 10th.

Are you on ps4? I run a PES boards league every year if you're interested in joining.

Colemania wrote: »
    Are you on ps4? I run a PES boards league every year if you're interested in joining.

The boards league pimp already looking for some johns for the new season :p

The boards league pimp already looking for some johns for the new season :p

Early bird catches the worm :)

I hope you're back for the next league!

Yeah I'm on PS4 - Just came across this thread lately. Definitely interested!

Early bird catches the worm :)

I hope you're back for the next league!

Yeah things look more manageable my end at the moment so I should have the time flexibility needed to play next time around. I had been scheduled to get an early pick for the last league so hope I'll get one for the next, as less face it, I'm frequently gash at the game! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I fúcking hate that new camera angle

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Cienciano wrote:

I actually like it. But then again, I'm weird.

Cienciano wrote: »

Use the old camera then :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Wilberto wrote: »
    I actually like it. But then again, I'm weird.

I love it.
    Feel like I need to upgrade my 10 year old 32inch tv though...

• Advertisement

Cienciano wrote: »

I just tried it there for the first time. Won't be trying it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,430 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Once you get used to the new camera it's class

Any sign of any more legends?

Any sign of any more legends?

No point in bringing in more legends when Featured players destroyed legends last year. Romario barely got a game for me.Unless you had top end legends like Cruyff, Ronaldinho or Carlos there was no point. Christ, a featured Teilemans was keeping my Gerrard out of the team.

No point in bringing in more legends when Featured players destroyed legends last year. Romario barely got a game for me.Unless you had top end legends like Cruyff, Ronaldinho or Carlos there was no point. Christ, a featured Teilemans was keeping my Gerrard out of the team.

But love to see Fat Ronaldo, Shearer, Keane, Henry, Bergkamp

Oh I've no interest in what it means for MyClub.

I want them for offline master league

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

New camera angle is quite nice, but it definitely needs tweaking to make it more usable. I think i ended up with 6, 3, 2 as my settings and that helped a good bit. Too far away from the action on the far side of the pitch by default. Lessening the angle also helps somewhat. I'll stick with it for now, but there's a reason the online modes default to the standard Dynamic camera as you'd definitely be less competitive using the default new one.

Where is everyone purchasing the game this time around? Last year I got PES 19 for about 28 sterling (plus parcelmotel cost) from The Game Collection after some people on here highlighted it. It was a steal at that price for a pre order which I think came to around 35 euro delivered in total.

PES 20 is currently selling for 36 sterling on TGC and they now seem to ship directly for 2 extra. That'll probably end up around 42 euro delivered.

Alternatively Smyths are selling for 49.99 if you pre order and pick up instore which would be very easy for me as there's one around the corner from where I work. In addition Argos often have the best price on launch day, but their prices aren't confirmed until hours before launch and they have limited stock but again I have one close to where I work so they remain an option.

Based on the above, my internal debate is whether I'd prefer to pay a little extra to pick up the game on day one or save a bit and wait a couple of days before I can play. On that note does anyone know whether TGC orders now arrive faster because they ship direct to Ireland as opposed to when we had to use ParcelMotel?

Where is everyone purchasing the game this time around? Last year I got PES 19 for about 28 sterling (plus parcelmotel cost) from The Game Collection after some people on here highlighted it. It was a steal at that price for a pre order which I think came to around 35 euro delivered in total.

PES 20 is currently selling for 36 sterling on TGC and they now seem to ship directly for 2 extra. That'll probably end up around 42 euro delivered.

Alternatively Smyths are selling for 49.99 if you pre order and pick up instore which would be very easy for me as there's one around the corner from where I work. In addition Argos often have the best price on launch day, but their prices aren't confirmed until hours before launch and they have limited stock but again I have one close to where I work so they remain an option.

Based on the above, my internal debate is whether I'd prefer to pay a little extra to pick up the game on day one or save a bit and wait a couple of days before I can play. On that note does anyone know whether TGC orders now arrive faster because they ship direct to Ireland as opposed to when we had to use ParcelMotel?

I ordered from The Game Collection (TGC) in July for 34.25 sterling and because the sterling to euro has gone belly up, it only cost me 36.90 euro when they took the payment yesterday. Excellent deal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Digitally for me, can't be bothered with the disc changing anymore so I'll pay the digital tax on it.

Advertisement