Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fifa 19

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Dcully wrote: »
    So i thought id checkout fifa 19 on the young lads XBone as i was half tempted to buy it for PC.
    Was that is until i saw how they gave practically all defenders a magic speed boost to catch a faster player who also has 20 yards on them, utterly stupid and one massive reason i wont be buying.

Yeah its ridiculous, id gary cahill catch up with me at one point when through on goal.. Says it all

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Yeah its ridiculous, id gary cahill catch up with me at one point when through on goal.. Says it all

I do find the defending pace a bit much but many times I use the right analogue to push it ahead and sprint and then use the L2 to outmuscle them.

Doesn't work all the time but you're always going to have them imbalances in a game. If the attacker always outpaces Cahill then you're going to have people playing through balls all day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Tried career mode and i will not be doing that again. Its beyond boring. It hasnt changed in anyway since last year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Needs an update badly. Wayyyy different to last years Fifa...in a bad way, simple passes are going astray. Defending is a joke as previously mentioned...Mertesacker would catch Mbappe the way the game is this year

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Rackard

Anyone finding bugs in Career mode?

When I go to view squad list/teamsheet in the menu it's a blank soccer pitch with no players on it (just 1 black shape head outline with gobbledygook text underneath)

So I've to play with the default team every time.

Then during a game if pause to make a substitution, first of all the players won't swap out at all and the I can't go back to the game. I'm just continually stuck to roam around the pause menu and therefore have to quit.

I've installed the latest updates too. Bit of a pain as I don't play FUT/online modes really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

When you bring out your keeper to stop a ball going over the endline for a corner and he runs at a snail's pace with a stance like he's a rod up his arse.
    And of course he doesn't make it to the ball on time.

• Administrators Posts: 54,091 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I really like how they have reduced the importance of pace, and you have to actually play football a bit. But some of the time it's just stupid, attackers clean through on goal with huge head starts running like they're in treacle, while centre halves suddenly become Usain Bolt.

When you bring out your keeper to stop a ball going over the endline for a corner and he runs at a snail's pace with a stance like he's a rod up his arse.
    And of course he doesn't make it to the ball on time.
    Keeper AI has always been a bit thick in FIFA.

The other one that drives me crazy is when the keeper makes a save at the very end of the game when you are 1 goal down, and he lies on the ground and then gets up really slowly. It makes absolutely no sense, but they've never fixed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

This game can be incredibly frustrating at times, these games just don't happen in real life

Dp-W3WFX0AYhvMM?format=jpg

I hit the post twice. Their goal came from the defender I selected deciding to run in the opposite direction of the ball.

ShaneU wrote: »
    This game can be incredibly frustrating at times, these games just don't happen in real life

Dp-W3WFX0AYhvMM?format=jpg

I hit the post twice. Their goal came from the defender I selected deciding to run in the opposite direction of the ball.

There's hundreds of thousands of games played in Fifa. Are you saying these things never happy in real life? ever?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Why when losing in the last minute and you're through on goal to score an equaliser and it hits the post?

Constantly happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

awec wrote: »
    I really like how they have reduced the importance of pace, and you have to actually play football a bit. But some of the time it's just stupid, attackers clean through on goal with huge head starts running like they're in treacle, while centre halves suddenly become Usain Bolt.

Agreed. It's good that pace isn't the be all and end all. But now having a fast attacker means nothing, you will always always get caught up when running onto a through ball, regardless of the pace difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

this sounds like dirt if im honest. i havnt bought either this or Pro evo this year. I was Pro Evo last year, thinking of giving FIFA a shot after a few years off. Dont know if ill bother now

akelly02 wrote: »
    this sounds like dirt if im honest. i havnt bought either this or Pro evo this year. I was Pro Evo last year, thinking of giving FIFA a shot after a few years off. Dont know if ill bother now

Last time I bought it was fifa 16. Very happy I got it this year. I think it's a brilliant game. I only play career mode though.

It's better than 17 and 18.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads is there a way to just go attacking or defensive like last year? I find having to set up 5 formations for each team I pick very cumbersome.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Right and left on the d-pad let you go from balanced to more attacking or more defensive. You don't have to have a different formation for each one, if you assign a different formation to that tactic though then it will change to that also.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 RobertDL

There are usually promotions on black friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

RobertDL wrote: »

I have a code to take £6 off the price on Amazon. First to DM me can have it if they want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

I also have a £6 off voucher for Amazon. Valid on standard edition only. PM if you want it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

RobertDL wrote: »

Yeah Fifa 18 was half price if I remember rightly :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Server down for anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Down for a while now, two hours or so. Some managed to log on, but it didn't work for long.

wonski wrote: »
    Down for a while now, two hours or so. Some managed to log on, but it didn't work for long.
    I am logged in now playing seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Any interest in a PS4 league?

• Advertisement

Luap wrote: »
    Any interest in a PS4 league?

Yep I would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Is the Hobanator/Firmino hand over eye celebration in the game?

Got up to div 4 in seasons, I've noticed that at this level everyone seems to play as either Madrid, Juventus, Barcelona or PSG? Is it like this the whole way up to div 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Yep I would.

Literally just checked for a PS4 FIFA 19 league, no sign. I'd be interested too lads.

Is it just me or is Salah pretty meh in this game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Is it just me or is Salah pretty meh in this game?

Pretty accurate in terms of form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

19 has sussed me out, normally pick St Pats and beat "most" other players in local and sometimes online when matchmaking finds another fool like me playing with a sub 60 team.

Sub 60 teams are not an employable strat in this one :(

Throwback to 15 when it worked, french lad quit after this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

dreamers75 wrote: »
    19 has sussed me out, normally pick St Pats and beat "most" other players in local and sometimes online when matchmaking finds another fool like me playing with a sub 60 team.

Sub 60 teams are not an employable strat in this one :(

Throwback to 15 when it worked, french lad quit after this.

Missing your point here dude. Bronze teams no longer overpowered? Is that it? AAAAAW

• Registered Users Posts: 7 RobertDL

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Fifa down to €39.99 (from €59.99) on the PS Store. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Wilberto wrote: »
    Fifa down to €39.99 (from €59.99) on the PS Store. :)

And the USA get it for 30 dollars so make sure to inform any American friends ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Liamalone wrote: »
    Missing your point here dude. Bronze teams no longer overpowered? Is that it? AAAAAW

Damn I miss Fifa 15, what has happened to this game

Damn I miss Fifa 15, what has happened to this game

Back to sleep Walter, they're still looking for you ffs

Missed out on promotion to Div1 in online seasons by a single point. :(

Still haven't cracked that Div2->Div1 promotion and it's breaking my heart.

Missed out on promotion to Div1 in online seasons by a single point. :(

Still haven't cracked that Div2->Div1 promotion and it's breaking my heart.

Highest I got was 3. What are you using to beat teams anything you noticed to get up through the divisions

• Advertisement

Highest I got was 3. What are you using to beat teams anything you noticed to get up through the divisions
    Not massively. A large part of it is just the pure luck of matchmaking. Also I'm playing on PC and the standard is lower than console.

The one thing I did notice is once you get past div 3 every single person is playing as either Juventus, PSG, Real Madrid or Barcelona. So unfortunately unless you're absolutely amazing you'll probably have to play as one of these teams as well.

It's seriously dull, but I want to try win div 1 then I'll go back to playing as more interesting teams. The amount of times I've had Juventus v Juventus, PSG v PSG etc is ridiculous.

Also don't use team press. Everyone uses this in lower divisions. In higher divisions you'll get destroyed and your team will be fcuked by half time.

Can't buy a win now, must be 8 losses in a row. Got to love FIFA sometimes. Can't pass, can't tackle, players won't make runs, this game really can drive you crazy. :(

Sure you can buy a win, a draw or an extra match :)

On a serious note I must try online seasons, haven't played it in two years. Ultimate mode gets on my nerves sometimes.

Are most of those games played in fair play mode, or is it full of time wasting etc
    ?

It's a game, tis only a game

Liamalone wrote: »
    It's a game, tis only a game

Sure it is, but who didn't want to throw their pad towards the telly after conceding last minute goal from a guy who barely tried to play :)

I am one of the most calm and relaxed players around here, though, lost 549 games in fifa 19 ;)

Have I ever complained? :)

Good run now after fixing the broadband and getting Rui Costa and Futmas Balotelli. These are fun to play, and won I think 6 or 10 in a row. If not more :)

Sure it is, but who didn't want to throw their pad towards the telly after conceding last minute goal from a guy who barely tried to play :)

I am one of the most calm and relaxed players around here, though, lost 549 games in fifa 19 ;)

Have I ever complained? :)

Good run now after fixing the broadband and getting Rui Costa and Futmas Balotelli. These are fun to play, and won I think 6 or 10 in a row. If not more :)

I have never even thought about chucking a joypad, never. If you have, not you in particular, then stop playing ffs. It, they are, only games :)

Sure you can buy a win, a draw or an extra match :)

On a serious note I must try online seasons, haven't played it in two years. Ultimate mode gets on my nerves sometimes.

Are most of those games played in fair play mode, or is it full of time wasting etc
    ?
    It's mostly fair play but you get the odd dick who time wastes, passes to his keeper for keepy-uppys etc.

It's fairer than FUT because you aren't getting matchmade against guys who have spent money to build an insane team.

Does anyone find that sometimes online games are pretty sluggish? Like players seem to be slower, passes are softer and require way more effort, it's as if the game is being played on grass that's way too long.

The game doesn't stutter, but I wonder is this some sort of lag? It happens from the very start of the game, it's not fatigue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭chris_ie

I had been playing the odd time online when I was on a fixed wireless connection. Had some good matches and others were just either laggy, stop/start, or had button delay, so I'd end up just switching it off. Got fiber to the home in there recently, ping of around 10ms and wired to the console. Matches were fine but recently again they've starting getting alot of button delay, like you mention players feel sluggish with a lot of stray passes. Some matches might start off fine then just go to crap, although the other player seems to be able to make passes etc fine. Out of about 8 matches last night, 1 was fine. Not sure if it was a massive coincidence I got opponents with poor connections or something else was up. Ping was fine during this time and speeds unaffected (300mb - not that speed matters that much).

Does ultimate team work differently to seasons? Seasons is p2p as far as I know (so pinging a few different servers wont catch all connection issues if there are any), is UT server based?

• Advertisement

Finally got to Division 1 seasons. :D

Advertisement