Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warhammer: Total War

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I'm going to bankrupt myself with the DLC for this, sometimes I get them on sales but if any of the other factions show up I'll be buying those straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,317 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Holy crap that looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭TheKells

know nothing about warhammer but from looking at that, humans seem fcuked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Okay, that video confirms (for me anyway), that TW and Warhammer work very well together. NB that's not the same as me saying the game will work on launch. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

There's some fantastic attention to detail there.
    The attack animations, the knights leaping over corpses and all that.

Be interesting to see how much makes it to the final version.
    You'd think that level of detail, with all the background as well (you could see the static lava-floes in that version - presumably they'll be animated), will be an absolute dog to run.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Gbear wrote: »
    There's some fantastic attention to detail there.
    The attack animations, the knights leaping over corpses and all that.

Be interesting to see how much makes it to the final version.
    You'd think that level of detail, with all the background as well (you could see the static lava-floes in that version - presumably they'll be animated), will be an absolute dog to run.

CA traditionally have done well in this regard (i.e. I remember Medieval II causing my jaw to drop regarding unit animations) they also tend to bring out games that force GPU upgrades for people lagging behind a bit too much on the upgrade curve. :P

Glad I never rebought Medieval 2, thought it wasn't activatable on steam but turns out it was even if it's not on any list.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Seeing building-sized monsters slowly killing one solder at a time, with each animation taking ten seconds, when they could be annihilating dozens in every swing, is frustrating. Obviously you don't want things overpowered, but having them faff around fecklessly as though they were grown ups pretend-fighting s group of children is not a very good solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

Zillah wrote: »
    Seeing building-sized monsters slowly killing one solder at a time, with each animation taking ten seconds, when they could be annihilating dozens in every swing, is frustrating. Obviously you don't want things overpowered, but having them faff around fecklessly as though they were grown ups pretend-fighting s group of children is not a very good solution.

Who knows, Maybe they will have abilities to increase their damage. "Enraged Fury" or something like that ...

Watching the walk through was really nice even though I had read a bit about it a few weeks ago. Was nice to see the in-game engine. I just need more details ... Armys ... locations ... RELEASE DATE pls

• Advertisement

Ayrtonf7 wrote: »
    Who knows, Maybe they will have abilities to increase their damage. "Enraged Fury" or something like that ...

Watching the walk through was really nice even though I had read a bit about it a few weeks ago. Was nice to see the in-game engine. I just need more details ... Armys ... locations ... RELEASE DATE pls
    Hoping for a better plot than yet another Ancient Evil has arisen aswell but Warhammer doesn't really deviate from its standard template...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

It's not about increased damage, it's about having them behave in a way that doesn't look ridiculous. If you look at that giant/troll thing fighting the soldiers, he has a club the size of a bus, and he could swing it from side to side and smash them to bits in seconds (kind of Sauron-style), but instead he picks them up one by one with his free hand and bites them, with the club hanging limp.

It just looks silly. It's like he is making a conscious effort to not be overpowered :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,317 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

you don't know him! he could be just having an off day or something
    give him 45 minutes and he'll be good to go again

Zillah wrote: »
    It's not about increased damage, it's about having them behave in a way that doesn't look ridiculous. If you look at that giant/troll thing fighting the soldiers, he has a club the size of a bus, and he could swing it from side to side and smash them to bits in seconds (kind of Sauron-style), but instead he picks them up one by one with his free hand and bites them, with the club hanging limp.

It just looks silly. It's like he is making a conscious effort to not be overpowered :pac:

Hmm can I assume we are talking about the Giant here? (The trolls would be the smaller ones getting sick on everybody). I agree with you that they probably should've shown more than one animation with him because lets face it, who wants to see the same thing twice in a teaser trailer ?

I know in Warrhammer tabletop, trolls used to have a random attack (You roll a dice, depending on the number that's what he does, could be something like pick somebody up, swing with club, pick your nose! etc) so that could explain why he uses the exact same animation twice in a row. Maybe they have implemented something similar in the game.

The makers of this are making Halo Wars 2 aswell, havent played a decent RTS since WH: Dark Crusade so hopefully good. seems to require an upgrade to Windows 10 though.

Thargor wrote: »
    Seems to require an upgrade to Windows 10 though.

Havnt seen any of the specs online yet ?

No but its for Xbox One and Windows 10 in all the headlines.

Havnt seen any of the specs online yet ?

No way it isn't going to need windows 10, would be a requirement from Microsoft.

Varik wrote: »
    No way it isn't going to need windows 10, would be a requirement from Microsoft.

I just would've assumed youd still be able to run it on Win7/8

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

recommended system requirements, if they're saying win10 it's been/being tested on that with whatever hardware - other OS's will work they just wont be the recommended ones

• Advertisement

recommended system requirements, if they're saying win10 it's been/being tested on that with whatever hardware - other OS's will work they just wont be the recommended ones

Not talking about general system requirements, Microsoft are doing what they did with Halo 2.

Is it confirmed? I was just guessing from the way the news releases btw...

Varik wrote: »
    Not talking about general system requirements, Microsoft are doing what they did with Halo 2.

never played it on anything but the old original xbox, what did they do with it? platform specific?

never played it on anything but the old original xbox, what did they do with it? platform specific?

Vista only, few other game at that time too were the same.

Thargor wrote: »
    Is it confirmed? I was just guessing from the way the news releases btw...

Guess the same, everything is about it being released on window 10/Xbox One. New version of minecraft (not java based) is in beta on windows 10 only too and that E3 pirate game as well.

Gone really off topic, but ye i think halo wars is 10 only and war hammer won't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Hmm can I assume we are talking about the Giant here? (The trolls would be the smaller ones getting sick on everybody). I agree with you that they probably should've shown more than one animation with him because lets face it, who wants to see the same thing twice in a teaser trailer ?

I know in Warrhammer tabletop, trolls used to have a random attack (You roll a dice, depending on the number that's what he does, could be something like pick somebody up, swing with club, pick your nose! etc) so that could explain why he uses the exact same animation twice in a row. Maybe they have implemented something similar in the game.

It says it right there in the video "Pre-Alpha Video", I really wouldn't get hung up on the animations at all, in fact it's amazing that they even have the spells and unit diversity in the game already, the engine already existed so that's nothing new, but i'm well impressed by this footage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Teaser trailer for the Dwarves.

Some people are saying this might mean the inclusion of underground battles.

follow up to the dwarf teaser - in engine cinematic

Oooh, and a long version of the same

https://youtu.be/iK0BMkKmwB4

• Advertisement

this just got an official release date of April 28th 2016

and a new Chaos faction trailer :)

Advertisement