Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ninja Snow Risk - Saturday 4th Jan.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭mumo3

Nothing too organized so a nowcasting event as we follow clusters of mixed wintry showers on radar tomorrow. Probably quite variable results and somewhat elevation based, chances of a temporary covering of snow may range from 10% at sea level to 70% above 300m. Covering would be defined as 2-5 cm lasting perhaps a few hours. Also risk of hail and snow pellets from some of these showers. A high probability of 5-8 cm covering in higher parts of the country above 500m. This will last overnight and melt in the milder conditions mid-day Sunday.

MT love your forcastes the are my daily bible, but I so hope you've got this one So Wrong!!! Sorry :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

As i say from the start , it was gonna be very close , a 1 or 2 o temp in our favour would of made things alot better.

I woke up to the sound of the freezing rain / hail . Was great ha .

287272.png

Onwards and upwards to the realms of FI :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Snow on some of the Twelve Bens this morning, a bit better than one third the way down, can't see all of them, couldn't see the Maumturks either, presume there's snow on all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

My sister just sent me a phone pic of a dusting of snow they had in Cappamore, East Limerick this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

• Advertisement

Thanks Kippure, saved me a trip on the bike up there! Will get my snow buzz soon hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fr wishy washy

Are we actually going to get snow?

All the models are showing a change to colder weather after the 15th of January roughly. After that who knows...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Great pics Kippure, roads look extremely slippy up there, bet the wind was none to pleasant either!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Supercell wrote: »
    Great pics Kippure, roads look extremely slippy up there, bet the wind was none to pleasant either!

A bit of a nip to it

• Advertisement

If you go high enough sure.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/111758162@N02/sets/72157639400030805/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

A light covering of snow while driving through the hills in Donegal earlier, had a light snow shower as well though nothing worth taking a photo of. Just sleet at sea level so a bit of a non event

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭arctictree

Friend of mine was on top of lugnaquilla earlier. Quite a lot of snow up there. See the pictures thread. A lot of precip last night, just depended on your elevation what you got.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Incredible hearing of snow. I was over with my son at newbridge farm this afternoon in donabate and it was glorious.
    I was going around with my jacket open it was so nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Incredible hearing of snow. I was over with my son at newbridge farm this afternoon in donabate and it was glorious.

You've never been skiing then...

Hiked up Djouce today.. a little covering but nothing special. Snow line was fairly high - like 600m+.

It was cold here in Connemara today, properly cold, and I am used to the outdoors being a farmer but there was a noticeable bite all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

You must have been outside for just a short stint only LOL :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

was there for about 2hours in the early afternoon an d before that in airside. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

Any sign of Ninja Snow anyone?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement