Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Refurbished] Fujitsu Esprimo Q520 Mini PC - i3-4350T 4GB/500GB €131 Delivered

• 03-07-2020 5:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭

https://www.pcbilliger.de/pc-computer/fujitsu/7117/fujitsu-esprimo-q520-mini-pc-computer-intel-core-i3-4350t-2x-3-1-ghz

Refurbished
    Fujitsu Esprimo Q520 Mini-PC with Intel Core i3-4350T @ 3.1GHz 4GB Ram, 500GB HDD, Windows 10 Pro 64Bit, BullGuard Security, Softmaker Office 2018.

€116 - Enter Coupon Code NEWSLETTER5 to get €5 discount and shipping €19.90
    Total €130.90 Delivered
    Processor
    Intel Core i3-4350T
    clocking: 3.1 GHz
    cores: 2 / threads: 4
    socket: LGA 1150
    processor of the 4th generation
    code name: HasWell
    RAM
    capacity: 4 GB DDR3
    memory banks: 2
    memory type: SO-DIMM
    maximum RAM: 16 GB DDR3
    Hard disk
    capacity: 500 GB
    Hard disk type: HDD
    interface: S-ATA
    form factor: 2.5 inch
    drive
    - / -
    graphics
    Intel HD 4600 OnBoard graphics card
    shared memory: Yes
    The graphics card uses the main memory
    Graphics connections
    1x DVI
    1x DisplayPort
    sound card
    OnBoard
    interfaces
    1x audio (3.5mm jack)
    4x USB 2.0
    2x USB 3.0
    network
    1x Gigabit LAN (RJ-45)
    mainboard
    designation: D3223 -C11
    power supply
    65 watts
    This is an internal power supply
    Weight
    1.7 kg
    Dimensions
    19x6x19 cm
    It is €167 on amazon.de with smaller HDD and shipping €14.90

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭editorsean

I decided to buy the above at the time to replace an Atom based PC for our living room TV.

In case anyone plans buying something similar on PC Billiger (the above has expired), I ran into a few minor issues at least with my unit - Windows GUI was German (to be expected :P ), Windows 10 Pro not activated (no digital product key present) and very unresponsive (slow or possibly failing HDD).

As this was just going to be used for media playback, I intended using the original HDD, but not in this state! So I swapped the HDD with a spare 256GB SSD and installed a fresh Windows 10 Pro. That alone made a massive improvement.

As that product page is now gone on PC Billiger, I'm not sure if this was supposed to include a Windows 10 Pro licence, not just having Windows 10 Pro pre-installed. Even with the fresh Windows 10 Pro installation, it still said no digital licence was found on this device. I had a left-over Windows 7 Pro key from my laptop (unused as I bought and installed Windows 8 for my laptop at the time of purchase), so I entered this and it activated fine.

With the issues now resolved, it made a very nice upgrade. For example, the Now TV website was barely usable on the Atom PC. It is generally quiet apart from high CPU usage such as installing Windows updates. This particular model also has a bay for a CD drive with an SATA/power cable leading to it, so should work with a second 2.5" HDD in its place if I need to add storage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭long_b

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭editorsean

That looks like the same spec, apart from missing the top. The unit I received has the top intact. :)

From what I recall, the above product showed the cover intact before page disappeared. The cover is straight forward to remove, i.e. just push up on the small lever at the box, slide the cover towards the front and it lifts off. Like mine, that space is empty inside. There's a separate cover on the bottom that is removed the same way, which reveals the RAM slots and the main 2.5" HDD bay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

This is it with a 320GB HDD instead of 500GB. https://www.amazon.de/i3-4350T-BullGuard-SoftMaker-Zertifiziert-General%C3%BCberholt/dp/B07SZ1M8RH
    If it came with a faulty drive, you could get it sorted under warranty
    But I can see why you mightn't. I always planned on swapping out the drive and adding an SSD I had anyway. Mine is only 128GB, so I may change that.
    You can/should also use windows 10 debloater and turn off updates.

Advertisement