Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

7 Days to Die

• 04-01-2018 11:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭

the-four-horsemen-of-the-apocalypse-popular-user-defined-tags-for-13490347.png

Normally this is true and for a game like 7 Days in EA for 4 years probably definitely true.

But I picked this up last week having never played it previously and it is quite good for the above 4 reasons. Good range of different types of enemies, crafting opportunity and the 7 day horde thing is very good. Playing it in PVE only and its worth the 8 euros I paid for it.

/Last thread was 4 years old on this.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

A17 experimental server up.

173.199.76.143:25000

password kdjac

it is still a very, very early access game( 5 years in Early Access). Its a good game and needs work but the gameplay and idea are fairly solid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Is that an Alpha 17 version?

Have the game an age but never played it really. Ive heard Alpha 17 was supposed to be bringing many good things.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

I'm currently playing this with 2 friends, and it's pretty good now. (on experimental) Hit markers are a bit naff and a few other bugs, but core game play is there. Worth the €8 atm.

Yeah its A17.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I've been playing a new Alpha 17 server with a group of 6 others and we've survived our second horde night and are onto day 17 as of last night. Having a ton of fun with it in truth in spite of a few issues with jankiness, it is at least somewhat consistent and you can work with it rather than have to fight it (hitboxes and attack animations take getting used to especially when you're swinging a 2 handed axe).

I'm feeling brave enough in the game now to be able to hop on my bike and go for a wander during the day.

We've delegated all the tasks though, a dedicated farmer, dedicated crafter, etc. It means that our pretty large group always has enough food, bandages, arrows etc. The farming in particular was really important to get up and running quickly as we had a few very lean days between 7 and 14 when the local wildlife seemed to have petered out and there was no more charred meat to munch on.

But I have to hand it to the game, it's a really nice and grim-dark step up from Minecraft with loads of things to do.

• Advertisement

Whoever is hosting the server change Animal Spawn to 80 or 90 it doesn't affect performance but BEAR in mind, animals doesn't always mean pigs or deer :)

<property name="MaxSpawnedAnimals" value="80"/>

The new POIs are brilliant but we have found its best to make a load of noise to spawn everything then deal with it at once.

That sounds sensible. We're playing on Navazgane and we ran into a Zombified Bear at a POI (I think the Shotgun Messiah factory/head office) which was deeply unpleasant. I went to an Oil refinery place yesterday and managed it all on my own, very few Zoms waiting for me at all I was delighted to see. Loaded myself up with a stack of 30 barrels too which is always hilarious how some of these games manage stacking :) Got a level 6 Hunting rifle and 90 odd rounds for it too as well as a glut of shotguns and shells. Decided it was a lovely trip and I didn't want to spoil it with hubris, so I pedalled my way home to safety by 4pm :D

I'm off in a desert now trying to find Shale so we can craft oil - we realised after the last horde night where our base got utterly obliterated and I honestly don't know how it's still standing, that we probably need to get some higher tech defences beyond wooden spikes :D We do have an iron bars floor above the ground level where we can shoot through from safety and concrete structures to try and keep the bastards out :D We'll be making a tunnel for funnelling the zoms into a killzone, so fun times ahead.

You can cheese the horde or even avoid it completely. Not sure why people do it but you can if you having a bad 7 days and not ready to fight it.

A17 map of Navez

https://gameplay.tips/guides/404-7-days-to-die.html

If you having issues with Gas, you can search the fuel pumps every (whatever amount of days you have loot resetting).

Im looking forward to getting the Gyrocopter :)

One of our lads works nights so when hes off when we log on we get to see what kind of fortress he has built us :D

We're about to do night 21 tonight - I'm told there are some spinning blade traps built. I'm about log in now and see how we're fixed...

Found an abounded military camp with some tents and a small base. Killed the two dogs inside, damn they were big, and killed the zombies inside. Hunting around I didn't see a mine, big boom and health down to 20. A min later 4 dogs and 2 bears attacked. Managed to kill 2 dogs, friend killed 2, then died, while running away I managed to get a good few round off into the chasing bear, and then my gun needed repair..about a dozen arrows or so later I died soon after. Great funðŸ˜

• Advertisement

So we were properly prepared for Horde night 3. Our Iron spikes as well as 6 spinning blades made pretty short work of the zoms. We have replaced the ceiling of the building we're occupying as our base (The Boobie Trap) with iron grills and you can simply shoot through them without any problem. We also built some iron grill firing platforms hanging out of the side of the building that we can shoot through. The only danger was spiders jumping up high and cops spitting acid (which funnily enough is blocked by the iron grills).

The hoard that came at us had about 10 irradiated cops, 20 regular cops, 5 or 6 irradiated wights and about 100 other random zoms. Remembering to crouch for sneak damage when shooting (I had found a level 6 Hunting Rifle which was quite tasty).

Roll on night 28, we've already got materials to expand the number of spinning blade traps...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

This seems like something I'd like. Is it worth it lads? (I've only about an hour a night to play games, so I dont have a whole heap of time to get into games...)

Shiminay wrote: »
    So we were properly prepared for Horde night 3. Our Iron spikes as well as 6 spinning blades made pretty short work of the zoms. We have replaced the ceiling of the building we're occupying as our base (The Boobie Trap) with iron grills and you can simply shoot through them without any problem. We also built some iron grill firing platforms hanging out of the side of the building that we can shoot through. The only danger was spiders jumping up high and cops spitting acid (which funnily enough is blocked by the iron grills).

The hoard that came at us had about 10 irradiated cops, 20 regular cops, 5 or 6 irradiated wights and about 100 other random zoms. Remembering to crouch for sneak damage when shooting (I had found a level 6 Hunting Rifle which was quite tasty).

Roll on night 28, we've already got materials to expand the number of spinning blade traps...

Damn, not looking forward to that, might 21 coming up soon....

Zulu wrote: »
    This seems like something I'd like. Is it worth it lads? (I've only about an hour a night to play games, so I dont have a whole heap of time to get into games...)
    If you don't have a lot of time for it, then you probably won't enjoy it in truth. It's got a pretty steep learning curve that was only mitigated for me by the fact that I'm playing with friends who've been stuck into it for years and who can explain the sometimes quite janky mechanics.

Agree with above, its a time sink, not worth just an hour or so....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Laviski

time sink it may be - but setting up a peer to peer means you start where you left off. Being doing in and off solo at present and it is enjoyable.
    down side... hard for other people to play with you if not regularly available.

best played with friends.

Yea, our gang has its own server which only advances if someone's playing. Makes a world of difference.

I just got my first Motorbike. It's a total badass addition :D OPur server Admin who's been playing a lot more has a 4X4 which is rad and is on his way towards the gyrocopter.

We survived the 4th Horde who came at us last night (day 28). They approached from a different direction this time, but were in pretty good shape with all of us on either hunting or marksman rifles and our grid floor allowing us access to shoot through whilst staying safe. Definite increase in the numbers of zoms in that horde. Quite a number of cops and Spiders as well as more of the bigger "rank & file" zoms.

Thankfully, we have 2 Augers for drilling for resources, we had no materials for making bullets until the morning of day 28 when 2 of us went out to find every surface boulder we could see which seem to be the most consistent source of nitrite, coal and lead.

We're planning on opening up the walls of our base to make it equally deadly no matter the direction the zoms approach from cause last night they managed to break down a section of wall before we spotted them and lead them away from that relatively unprotected corner.

B221 is out.

Dont lose our saves but it still may happen :)

https://7daystodie.com/alpha-17-experimental-b221-is-out/

Important for admins

<property name=”ZombiesRun” value=”0″ /> <!– OLD! 0 = default day/night walk/run, 1 = never run, 2 = always run; this setting ONLY affects regular zombies, some zombies like ferals always run –>
    <property name=”ZombieMove” value=”0″ /> <!– 0-4 (walk, jog, run, sprint, nightmare) –>
    <property name=”ZombieMoveNight” value=”3″ /> <!– 0-4 (walk, jog, run, sprint, nightmare) –>
    <property name=”ZombieFeralMove” value=”3″ /> <!– 0-4 (walk, jog, run, sprint, nightmare) –>
    <property name=”ZombieBMMove” value=”3″ /> <!– 0-4 (walk, jog, run, sprint, nightmare) –>

B233 is out, lost our save.

So fresh start on our server.

• Advertisement

that a public or private server?

looking to start back in but solo is lonely.

Private but posted on boards type private :)

B238 is out

B240 out :D

Server getting reset a lot this week.

Our server is on a fresh 240 save, we are on day 3 and it has not gone well. We are not very good :)

You will need this mod (bigger backpack).

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1rVAKMsts_0w-rfbs9g8dN4-21bDvpk2S&export=download

b_560_95_1.png

Password kdjac

Day 21 on the server went ummm well I guess, we made some sky bases and what happened was unexpected.

We won tho :)

RIP Stokolan tho, fell to his death and blamed a Zombie.

Days 29 to 32 did not go well, we need several thousand rounds of 7.62 and our scavenging ended up killing us all, Stokos fault for wandering off and trying an apartment block on his own. Me and yitsack went to get his bag and died twice (each) then we had screamer issues at the base which took more ammo.

Day 35 will be knives and forks at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Our server is on a fresh 240 save, we are on day 3 and it has not gone well. We are not very good :)

You will need this mod (bigger backpack).

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1rVAKMsts_0w-rfbs9g8dN4-21bDvpk2S&export=download

b_560_95_1.png

Password kdjac

Where does the mods folder go?

Where does the mods folder go?

under 7 Days to Die so the path is:

H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\ Mods

And the extracted folder goes there.

H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\S420_SimpleUI-BiggerBackpack120

• Advertisement

Day 56 and we were utterly wrecked last night.

Our gamestage is around 250 and we were overran and they destroyed a lot of our "trap base" and even got into our actual base.

The horde started at 10pm as usual and we were still clearing them out at 5am, it was a constant barrage of Zombies of all the strong types. I used over 2,000 rounds, hopefully the builders fixed it all back up :D

Restarted Server on Day 1 with a random seed (Afterlife).

Password kdjac

Join if you want, its in a very decent state now.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

You guys still playing? I've had this game sense release and never really got into it.

killanena wrote: »
    You guys still playing? I've had this game sense release and never really got into it.

yup server restarted yesterday so early days (day 5 i think).

I put all the mods on google drive, extract them to F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods

If Mods folder doesnt exist create it.

Example should look like this F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\Firearms-master

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UP6WhS5zedkIMBPC8ELuLfSo7ojpxV8o

Cool thank, I'll hop on tonight :)

kdjac on steam.

When you get in if its daytime walk to 726S 47E (map coordinates).

if its nighttime, run!!! you will 100% die if its nightime :)

We are only starting but have enough ammo and weapons for the 1st horde.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

Love this game.

My best mate and I play it in huge 10-14 hours sessions when we can get on together.

We're currently trying to convince some other friends even just 1 or 2 of them to get into it so we can play with more people especially with the way the new levelling system means you have to prioritise things with crafting v looting v mining etc.

I've been meaning to get on it again but others games are taken all my attention at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

killanena wrote: »
    I've been meaning to get on it again but others games are taken all my attention at the moment

I was the same. I found myself get right back into it when A17 went up.

Is the boards server still going okay?

retsarted it there, need these 4 mods.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UP6WhS5zedkIMBPC8ELuLfSo7ojpxV8o

Noone was on it so it is due to shut down march 15th unless people use :)

10 Players 7 Days To Die [173.199.76.143:25000] password kdjac

Its day 0 btw on latest version 17.2 B27, RWG map.

Back up again for 17.4, will be there for at least a month.

Game runs a lot better now.

108.61.116.220:25022 Casual Gamers 7 Days to Die Server

Password kdjac

4 mods to start with https://drive.google.com/open?id=178gz-Q6Zgrh0-7ihpzAFUb9Kts7KRfn6

Its on Day 2 seed is called After Life 4x4

• Advertisement

Alpha 18 experimental is out now.
    play some solo and some good changes.

will start a server in a few days, will post here when its up.

8 Players 7 Days To Die [173.199.79.153:25000]

password stoko

Its on day 4 and mods are serverside.

Horde Day 28 used over 2,400 rounds, those Demolishers are a new thng to worry about.

All 4 near ran out of ammo, 35 is going to need some creative building/thinking. No chance I make that many bullets again!

A19 out will throw up a server later tonight.

It runs and plays a lot better, starting to look a lot better.

havent really looked into the changes.

Advertisement