Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PC Gaming, General & Off Topic Chat

Comments

I've played both on PC. Not sure which avenues I used at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I've played both on PC. Not sure which avenues I used at the time.

Only Epic so far, steam in June and maybe Xbox pass then as well but who knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭Glebee

I could of swore I saw Wilds on PC Game Pass a good while ago. Had no interest in it until I played on Xbox version of Game Pass, but when I went lookin on PC Game Pass, no sign..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Glebee wrote: »
    I could of swore I saw Wilds on PC Game Pass a good while ago. Had no interest in it until I played on Xbox version of Game Pass, but when I went lookin on PC Game Pass, no sign..

Sometimes they throw games that will be coming into slots on the game pass screen. Haven seen Gears Tactics and Ori WotW pop up multiple times even as far back as January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,286 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Anyone finding the Steam client hanging on them lately?
    Was just going through my library, clicking on some games and it would cause the PC to hang. Could move my cursor but couldn't switch windows or do anything else then it would start working again after a wee while.
    I'd say it'd probably due to trying to load all that Steam Community crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Sounds like it might be your system since I've gotten nothing like that although I'm using a very different version of the client than you, proabably. Just make sure nothing else is running that could be causing that. Anything from CPU spikes, slowing drives/hardware could cause it.

The steam client has always been a bit sluggish tbh. I use the website when I want to trade or buy thing (tabs help!) along with the augmented steam plugin. The only thing I use the client for is library view and overlay chat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Anyone finding the Steam client hanging on them lately?
    Was just going through my library, clicking on some games and it would cause the PC to hang. Could move my cursor but couldn't switch windows or do anything else then it would start working again after a wee while.
    I'd say it'd probably due to trying to load all that Steam Community crap.

Now that you mention it I've noticed the last few days that every time I start it it throws up some crap Community window that I definitely turned off in the options before. Seems to have lost some settings

This is just browsing my library. If it's just my pc, I don't see why since everything else works grand.

I do get that notification when I start a game about how to access the community while playing

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,561 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

CastorTroy wrote: »
    This is just browsing my library. If it's just my pc, I don't see why since everything else works grand.

I do get that notification when I start a game about how to access the community while playing

Store hasn't worked properly for me for a good while now. Images and trailers do not play. Aside from that, all is well.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,506 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Store hasn't worked properly for me for a good while now. Images and trailers do not play. Aside from that, all is well.

Curious, have you done a packet capture or viewed the HTTP responses to see what's happening? The images and videos would normally load from a third party CDN, so it looks like that step is failing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,561 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Spear wrote: »
    Curious, have you done a packet capture or viewed the HTTP responses to see what's happening? The images and videos would normally load from a third party CDN, so it looks like that step is failing.

That's gone straight over my head, S.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,506 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

That's gone straight over my head, S.

Are you accessing the Steam store in a browser, or in the Steam client itself? The latter would make it easier if the error is there as well.

Are you accessing the Steam store in a browser, or in the Steam client itself? The latter would make it easier if the error is there as well.

The client itself. On chrome, the store is fine.

The client itself. On chrome, the store is fine.

To catch what's happening there would need a packet capture. Reckon you'd be okay with installing Wireshark and capturing the traffic while it fails to load images?

God, I cant remember the last time I bought something directly from Steam. I have 4euro credit in my account for at least the last 18 months and have not touched it.

• Advertisement

To catch what's happening there would need a packet capture. Reckon you'd be okay with installing Wireshark and capturing the traffic while it fails to load images?

Is that fairly simple?

This is what I've got now:

511861.JPG

Never mind. Just went into options and cleared the Steam browser's data, cookies and so on. Working perfectly now though it's beyond me why.

Is Warzone free to play or do you need Modern Warfare?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,227 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Is Warzone free to play or do you need Modern Warfare?
    You don't need Modern Warfare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

You don't need Modern Warfare.

But be aware that if you do own MW its nearly a 200gb download :eek::eek:

Big download alright. Plays very well. Never was really into the online shooter stuff but being playing a bit more recently especially games that feature cross play. Fortnite, warzone, sea of thieves all playing very good. Anyone give Dauntless a try??? Is seems like a dumbed down Monster Hunter in a Fortnite style looking game and gets decent reviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Homelander

Warzone is pretty good. The crossplay though is what sells it for me - I can play with a range of friends across PC, Xbox and PS4. I wish more games had this optional feature. Apex Legends doesn't even have cross-console play.

I'm waiting a month now for my new processor to arrive. I cancelled one when they said they couldn't tell me where my package was... now my second order is late. Is there a shortage of ryzen 5 3600's right now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I'm waiting a month now for my new processor to arrive. I cancelled one when they said they couldn't tell me where my package was... now my second order is late. Is there a shortage of ryzen 5 3600's right now?

I doubt it but never read anything like that. Who did you order from?

I doubt it but never read anything like that. Who did you order from?

A 3rd party seller from amazon and now amazon themselves this time. I'm rather annoyed as my new graphics card, motherboard and ram is useless without it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Amazon are dog slow these days. Ordered a few things. 2 never arrived. one re-sent after contacting customer support and the other monies were refunded to my account.
    no arguing needed.
    DPD had previously messaged me to say that another order would be delayed by 5 days due to how busy they are.

They were slow before the pandemic. I got the 3 months Prime offer before Christmas. Only used it once to order a SSD. Got lost. Reordered it then it took over a week to get here. I didn't renew my Prime. That was from amazon directly.
    Yet I ordered a new phone from Amazon Germany and got it within a week with standard delivery

I've ordered 2 processors with the plan to cancel/return whichever one doesn't arrive first... I've gotten that desperate. The one I ordered 2nd (4 days apart) has now been dispatched. I'm glad I went for this unorthodox strategy now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

I've ordered 2 processors with the plan to cancel/return whichever one doesn't arrive first... I've gotten that desperate. The one I ordered 2nd (4 days apart) has now been dispatched. I'm glad I went for this unorthodox strategy now.

Damn thats some crap luck. I ordered a processor on the 6th of May, delivered by the 11th. Between myself and the wife we have been ordering a fair bit of stuff mostly from amazon and we havent noticed anytihng been overly delayed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Lads, Anyone used Instant Gaming for keys? They have tropico for 18eu and from little googling they are just another Grey Market reseller, but with good reputation on delivering keys.

Just one thing that kind of pushed me off, that if I pay with paypal they needed my phone number and called me from unknown number ( I did not answered, but from what people said its just automated call to give code, same way they do with texts these days ). So I backed off and did not put in any more details. Would it be normal? Anyone actually bought of them? I usually use cdkeys.com and prices there higher, but they had no Tropico 6 in stock. Used them for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Have not used them specifically but I've noticed key sites have gotten a lot worse. They often have stock issues and prices are not nearly as attractive as they used to be. The last time I tried to buy something Paypal would not accept it. I don't know what happened. I usually only used them once or twice a year though. Most of the time sales on their official storefronts or steam would be enough for my frugal habits.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ive used instant gaming and cd keys many many times, never an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Dcully wrote: »
    Ive used instant gaming and cd keys many many times, never an issue.

Did instant gaming did same thing with paypal for you? I heard sometimes they ask to send a photo of ID too. Ran in to those things?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I remember buying a key off eBay from a key seller with +100k feedback. Got a phone call from someone Asian, looking to verify i was the buyer.

Since long gone off eBay now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Did instant gaming did same thing with paypal for you? I heard sometimes they ask to send a photo of ID too. Ran in to those things?
    They asked me for I'd, I sent it and they wouldn't accept it for whatever reason, I just used another site which was 1 or 2 euro more expensive.

Ignoring idiots who comment "far right" because they don't even know what it means

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,731 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

lmimmfn wrote: »
    They asked me for I'd, I sent it and they wouldn't accept it for whatever reason, I just used another site which was 1 or 2 euro more expensive.

You gave your photo ID to a shady seller, who "didn't accept it"?

OK...

Off-topic, can you DM me your bank details? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    You gave your photo ID to a shady seller, who "didn't accept it"?

OK...

Off-topic, can you DM me your bank details? :pac:
    lol, i would hardly rank them as G2A tbf

Ignoring idiots who comment "far right" because they don't even know what it means

My headset and mic is driving me cracked. Is connected through my xbox controller to the PC. Sometime it works other times theres no sound through the headset even though everything seems to be working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,554 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

does it work plugged in directly?

Skerries wrote: »
    does it work plugged in directly?

Its tempremental as hell as well when plugged in directly. Behaving its self a bit better these days though. I rather have it connected to my controller, even though I dont use it that much as I get the extra cable length from the controller. I inherited a very decent set of Sony noise cancelling headphones but with no mic. Ordered a gaming microphone cable from Amazon and its work great.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07XXQ1XRT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have an old PS3 under the TV in the office that never really got much use. I see there is a copy of The Last of Us there as well. Think I might give it a go what with the sequal being released.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

What do you get when you get an old school city builder and combine it with some survival aspects?

Banished.

What do you get when you combine Banished but humans are extinct and beavers rise as the new society?

Timberborn.

Very very very very very very very very very very very early build as of right now though there is an open beta on the 18th for 4 weeks or so for anyone interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I haven't done any miniature painting since I was a child, but I quite like some channels on youtube who do some painting stuff, and my favourite is Goobertown Hobbies.

With Games Workshop releasing a anti-racism message, he decided to do a video on the subject.

If it's a bit full on for you, the rest of his videos are also very good, and also more targeted at hobbyist painting.

Anyone else have problems starting some games through Epic? Tried a few over the last few days and ive got a similar crash at start up on the all. At least 4 games ive trive give me a pop up crash message.

• Advertisement

Anyone else have problems starting some games through Epic? Tried a few over the last few days and ive got a similar crash at start up on the all. At least 4 games ive trive give me a pop up crash message.

Just fired up Borderlands 3 there and launched no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,009 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Folks,

I can't imagine this being an issue but as I've never run into this before I said I'll double check.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Minecraft-PC-Mac-Code-DRM/dp/B010KYDNDG/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=Minecraft+for+PC%2FMac&qid=1594716089&sr=8-2

My sister wants to get that for her son, for the PC.

It's saying however that she can't buy it due to geo-restrictions, she's living in Ireland. I assume if I get it for her it won't actually cause any issues?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/

Just buy it there?

Have seen .com games not work over here so wouldnt take the chance.

Had a few rounds of that Hyper Scape last night. Absolute tripe !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Homelander

Had a few rounds of that Hyper Scape last night. Absolute tripe !

Felt the same, gun play is absolutely terrible, feels like playing an arena shooter from 10 or 15 years ago and not in a good way.

Can't see it being popular when Apex Legends exists.

• Advertisement
Advertisement