Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time driver insurance

Options
  • 15-06-2020 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭

hi - could you tell me the best places to look? (age 23) first car, learner license
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

There's no shortcut. Look everywhere and/or ask a decent Broker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Check everywhere, there’s no best place per se. Also there’s no such thing as a learner licence, there is however a learner permit. In my day it was Quinn-Direct, now Liberty, who were the best for price but the cover was bare, no breakdown, no windscreen, both which come standard now anyway I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Create a spreadsheet, be methodical, work through all the insurers. Keep the spreadsheet for next year's renewal.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

If they don't state an excess, ask for the quote with an excess of €300 (ie; you pay for any damages under €300, or the first €300 of the bill). This will reduce the premium a bit.

Advertisement