Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pain in wrists?

Options
  • 13-05-2005 7:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

hi,
    When ever I have been cycling off road for about 20mins, my wrists get sore.It also happenens when im bmxing and pull the front break to do an endo.
    I seen a physo and they didnt know.Is there anyway to stop this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Johnny Jukebox

Obvious question - do you have front suspension on your MTB ? If you don't, then your wrists, hands and arms will all feel the pain. Carbon bars also absorb more impact but they're pricy. Maybe you've got some form of RSI ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,579 ✭✭✭uberwolf

also investigate carpal tunnel syndrome - common enough amongst cyclists. Google it and see if the symptoms seem familiar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

cartillage gone in wrists maybe?
    eat those cod liver oil tablets, very good for joints, most bmxer's do

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Do you wear gloves, with padding in the palm? If not, try it.

I wonder if the handlebars are too low (or saddle too high), causing you to put a lot of weight on your wrists.
    Would a good bike shop be able to help you determine the correct heights (and subsequently riding position)?

Advertisement