Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Disclosure Podcast by Earthling Ed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,983 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I like him. Next time I'm in London I will visit his restaurant. The menu looks great

• Registered Users Posts: 18,485 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Shame he wants to make the whole world vegan, it shows desperate intolerance of other human beings and their right to a choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭davidjtaylor

Some good tips in the second podcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭jh79

Promotes "what the health" movie and claims a vegan diet reverses diseases.

So either a complete idiot or willing to say anything to convert people to veganism.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

jh79 wrote: »
    Promotes "what the health" movie and claims a vegan diet reverses diseases.

So either a complete idiot or willing to say anything to convert people to veganism.

A review of that 'What the health' movie here and it's not good btw ...

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/what-the-health-a-movie-with-an-agenda/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Ooooh, never heard of this, thanks!

gozunda wrote: »
    A review of that 'What the health' movie here and it's not good btw ...

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/what-the-health-a-movie-with-an-agenda/

Not having a go at you but SBM is the best resource online for health based issues. Please read their articles on GM food and organic farming. I know you're not a fan but you shouldn't be selective on calling out junk science.

Not having a go at you but SBM is the best resource online for health based issues. Please read their articles on GM food and organic farming. I know you're not a fan but you shouldn't be selective on calling out junk science.

Not too sure what you mean tbh? The article doesn't give the movie a good review is what I was referring to. Not a fan of any 'junk science' btw no matter what it supports.

Not too sure what you mean tbh? The article doesn't give the movie a good review is what I was referring to. Not a fan of any 'junk science' btw no matter what it supports.

Sorry if i have mixed you up with another poster but i thought you previously criticized GM food based on some pretty poor quality research papers?

Not that familar with the website. Why are they the best resource online?

Cheers

• Advertisement

Unearthly wrote: »
    Not that familar with the website. Why are they the best resource online?

Cheers

They really go into detail on the methodology of the studies and what conclusions can truly be drawn from them.

And they pull no punches when it comes to calling out junk science.

Thanks. I'll give it a go and look up topics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Looks to me like all that site does is contradict other studies without providing any empirical evidence to back up their opinions - Science Based Medicine is a bit of a misnomer - should be Opinion Based Medicine - opinions which as Daniel Patrick Moynihan said we're all entitled to have but not at the expense of facts.

Looks to me like all that site does is contradict other studies without providing any empirical evidence to back up their opinions - Science Based Medicine is a bit of a misnomer - should be Opinion Based Medicine - opinions which as Daniel Patrick Moynihan said we're all entitled to have but not at the expense of facts.

Could you give an example of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭Worztron

In episode 3, Ed talks to an ex-farmer. Very interesting.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Sorry if i have mixed you up with another poster but i thought you previously criticized GM food based on some pretty poor quality research papers?

Nope. On that discussion I said:
    Look if you want to go down the rabbit hole that is GMO. Please feel free.
    The point I clearly made that various stories (about GMO) ARE contentious. And that's not my belief. It's the current state of play.
    They really go into detail on the methodology of the studies and what conclusions can truly be drawn from them.

And they pull no punches when it comes to calling out junk science.

Interesting one here on the h.o.p.e movie

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/h-o-p-e-a-movie-promoting-veganism/

Nope. On that discussion I said:

Interesting one here on the h.o.p.e movie

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/h-o-p-e-a-movie-promoting-veganism/

A bill is before the dail that would make it an offence to promote fake cancer cures. Hopefully prevent people involved in these types of films from coming over here for "wellness" semimars and festivals and promoting their immoral propaganda.

Once the cancer bill is through the dail the plan is to extent to other diseases too.

A bill is before the dail that would make it an offence to promote fake cancer cures. Hopefully prevent people involved in these types of films from coming over here for "wellness" semimars and festivals and promoting their immoral propaganda.

Once the cancer bill is through the dail the plan is to extent to other diseases too.

YouTube taking action again anti vaccination videos as well

https://techcrunch.com/2019/02/22/youtube-demonetizes-anti-vaccination-videos/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Worztron wrote: »
    In episode 3, Ed talks to an ex-farmer. Very interesting.

Listened to a few minutes of that today. I’ll listen to it all during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭Worztron

Ed has interviewed an ex-farmer recently. In Episode 5 he interviewed a current dairy farmer from Ireland.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement

Worztron wrote: »
    Ed has interviewed an ex-farmer recently. In Episode 5 he interviewed a current dairy farmer from Ireland.

Yeah saw the 'ex-farmer' one. Very poor imo. Ed was largely feeding the guy lines and included a lot of speculation where the guy didn't have any experience of what was being referred to by Ed and his giving third hand accounts of how 'bad' he believed certain farming practices were. I didn't listen to the end it was so poorly done imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,485 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Why would anyone enter into a “discussion” with someone who has their end position on the topic already decided.

He pretends that he is being open minded and fair but nothing could be further than the truth.

He’s a pure example of the Uber intolerance towards others that the vegan belief system so often demonstrates.

Advertisement