Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Websites for components (groupset)?

Options
  • 17-06-2018 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking around for a new groupset. The best value seems to be Ribble.

Am I forgetting to check any websites? ;
    • Wiggle
    • CRC
    • Ribble
    • CycleSuperStores
    • bike-components.de
    • bike-discount.de
    • Merlin

Interesting or more so disappointingly CRC and Wiggle are the exact same for prices so obviously some fixing / scanning going on there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭koutoubia

CRC and Wiggle are effectivley the same company so no real price fixing happening there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

koutoubia wrote: »
    CRC and Wiggle are effectivley the same company so no real price fixing happening there!

Yea I was wondering if the were part of a parent company.

So they actually are? That's interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Wiggle bought CRC a while back.
    You can order stuff from CRC and it can come a week later in a Wiggle box.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,137 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I bought a groupset from Vanillabikes ~18 months ago with no problems. They were cheapest at the time.

Free postage over £50 spend to Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭SwissToni

Van Eyck Sports are always good on Groupsets have ordered a couple off them, components might not come in a individual boxed just bagged.

https://www.vaneycksport.com/en/bikeparts/groupsets/shimano_.html?utm_campaign=homepageblokEN&utm_source=banner-groepenshimano&utm_source=+internecampagne

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

R2-bike in Germany are where I got my last 9150 and Etap group sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭C3PO

I would have a look at Bike 24 too!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

C3PO wrote: »
    I would have a look at Bike 24 too!

Bike 24 have been bought by wiggle as well, so same has happened/ is happening to them as CRC

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,492 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

they've 'bought' the GCN show too (main tuesday night one), resulting in several minutes of curling toes in each one.

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the suggestions, bike 24 is looking good at the minute, despite the recent take over.

nee wrote: »
    Bike 24 have been bought by wiggle as well, so same has happened/ is happening to them as CRC

I am aware of that but pricing is still significantly below CRC and Wiggle at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭halvis

I recently ordered from race view cycles in the North and got everything within a few days.

Seem to have a comprehensive inventory on their website of stuff in stock.

Easy to call and check real stock situation as well.

Emailed bike24 about stock levels - nothing heard back in 24 hours. A bit disappointing!

72hundred wrote: »
    Emailed bike24 about stock levels - nothing heard back in 24 hours. A bit disappointing!

They are shown on the site in the item description!

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭victor201

Tweeks ,probike kit and sigma sport good too

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭elchupanebrey

Any recommendations as to the best spot to buy new chainrings? Would like to replace the 52 on my TT bike with something a bit bigger. Not sure whether to go with an aero one or just go like for like. (Sorry for hijacking)

C3PO wrote: »
    72hundred wrote: »

They are shown on the site in the item description!
    Unfortunately there was an IT issue, their support corrected it.

Advertisement