Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thank you Boards.ie

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭pcasso

I just want to reiterate the thanks and praise for all the knowledgeable and insightful contributions by all our resident weather gurus.
    Most of them whom I assume to be amateurs, all of them giving over a huge amount of their time to educate and alert the rest of us to the unfolding weather that we witnessed in the last seven days. Also to the mods who tirelessly tried to keep all the threads as relevant as possible and largely maintained the peace throughout
    As a regular and persistent lurker of the weather forum and an uneducated and largely ignorant weather nerd, I am almost happy that the event is over, as it can now return to it's normal and comfortable self rather than being a temporary off shoot of After Hours.:)
    I don't know if it would be appropriate but I wonder if it would be possible that during the next major weather event that the technical thread have restricted posting access so that only the posters with actual knowledge of the weather charts etc could contribute. It would save the mods a huge amount of effort having to delete off topic posts and restrict the trolls and in my back yarders to the general threads.
    Just a though.
    I will go back to lurking now.
    Thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ixus

Emailed my mates and told family 12 days ago warning about this. Mates laughed me off til close to Met jumping on board. Family listened.

We all got prepped!

Pretty much always get my weather from here. Met comes a distant second.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

Sorry for the late thanks , I’ve been busy! But what a roller coaster it has been , ups and downs throughout the model watching which gave you goosebumps and butterflies! Without the two main men Mt and Kermit where would we be an all of the rest. A special mention to my pal sryanbruen. What a clever man, so young with bags of potential . Thanks again , Until the next time !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Just want to add my Thanks here.
    I did a large shop last Monday - Supermarket, Butchers, Fish Shop and Fuel. Picked up the Kids from School Tuesday afternoon, told my Husband that he should bring home his Laptop from work Tues evening and we didn't leave the house/garden again until this morning.
    Husband worked from the Dining Room table Wed-Fri.
    Thanks to all here we were very well prepared.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭BigMoose

Also just want to add my thanks here. I've been an avid follower of this forum since 2010 when someone eagerly told me how much more useful posters here are for forecasts than the usual media and they were dead right for what happened then and ever since. I'm a regular reader, rare poster, but folk here have helped me out on a few occasions when on ferries or planes during dodgy weather as well as being prepared for the wider severe weather. Huge thanks for all the effort that goes in by the regular knowledgeable posters and the mods for doing a fantastic and very difficult job during the busy times.

Having vowed never to go on a ferry again last time I did in a storm, I'm forced to at the weekend taking a team of kids over to a prem league game... I'll be watching that low carefully!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Thanks everyone on here. I got all the supplies in early on the Saturday before the snow because of advice on here. I was laughed at by my husband and kids but they were glad of it once the snow hit the fan 😂 it was great being glued to the weather forum for 5 days and reading the great advice and forecasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭EAD

I'm a geography teacher who knows enough to know that I know very little but my students now think I'm a crystal ball carrying, weather predicting God.
    Many thanks to all the resident gurus.

Advertisement