Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hill clim champs 2012

• 20-08-2012 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Any idea where these are going to held? Says munster on the Sticky bottle calender but I thought I read/heard it was the same hill as last year?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

*bump*
    Thought I'd bump this, is there a website for this. What steps would a random punter have to take to take part?
    Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭morana

There is none! not yet anyway.

we are looking for a club to promote it. The argument is that there shouldnt be a national championship in a discipline which has no other races effectively I would agree with it.

whats a random punter? If its a championship no one day licences are accepted
    and all the onstraints of organising a championship apply pre-entry etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CrazyPrices

So with two weeks to go and still down as TBC, I guess Hill climb champs are effectively cancelled? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭Sr. Assumpta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

It's a sad situation :(

In fact the whole Hill Climb scene in Ireland is sad and depressing :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭morana

It's a sad situation :(

In fact the whole Hill Climb scene in Ireland is sad and depressing :o

I agree there should be a hill climb season and at least then a National champions jersey would be merited for Hill climbing

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭ryan_sherlock

As far as I know there are multiple clubs interested in running the event. I may also be getting my club (Cycleways CC) to run it. We are a *very* small club - but will see...

There have been a few other HCs on over the year but a series would be nice. I looked into running one but things (mostly racing) got in my way from devoting the time needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭boege

Anyone any insight as to if this is going ahead and of so then where?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭buffalo

It's still out to tender afaik. See http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80332186

It will be going ahead - there are few clubs interested in running it (including my own) - looks like they (as in CI) want it to be held at the start of October. I would expect more concrete info in about 8 days.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,534 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

Beasty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

It will be going ahead

Ah for God's sake! Can a man not go on the beer in peace?

Feck it - might leave it to the MTB and cross brigade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

It will be going ahead - there are few clubs interested in running it (including my own) - looks like they (as in CI) want it to be held at the start of October. I would expect more concrete info in about 8 days.
    8 days? Very specific!

Any rumours in which province it'll be held?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

joker77 wrote: »
    8 days? Very specific!

It ends in "ster" or does it????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    It ends in "ster" or does it????

i aint going to westminster for no hillcilmb!!!

Edit: is westminster a province?

joker77 wrote: »
    8 days? Very specific!

The clubs who put in an initial proposal will be extending it by Friday - I assume results back a few days later.

No idea which province (i.e. which club) will run it. Means I have to not get 'fat' until October now!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

The clubs who put in an initial proposal will be extending it by Friday - I assume results back a few days later.

No idea which province (i.e. which club) will run it. Means I have to not get 'fat' until October now!

If you need advice on getting fat I'll share my dietary program ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭trinewbie

Any substance to the rumour that Orwell are running it out towards stepaside?
    Assume any bid will be dependent on street lighting if it is be a midweek event?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭buffalo

trinewbie wrote: »
    Any substance to the rumour that Orwell are running it out towards stepaside?
    Assume any bid will be dependent on street lighting if it is be a midweek event?

I believe they put in a proposal, but no idea on place/time/date, so we'll have to wait and see!

Advertisement