Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Ferries

Options
  • 21-05-2003 9:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

Any idea why it makes business sense to charge nearly €450 for a one way ticket in the ferry from Rosslare to Cherbourg when the return ticket can be bougth for €321...?

This is Irish ferries I am talking about.

I really do not understand this... anyway, I bought the return ticket (special 5 day return) eventough I am not going to use the coming back ticket, anyone interested in it? it is for the 17th of June Cherburgh Rosslare.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

It's probably harder to sell one way tickets especially on long haul travel. When IF sell you a one way ticket that have to find a buyer for the return who is going one way as well. This then has added administration costs. So they put the prices of one way tickets high to discourage people from buying them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

wel the return leg could be the outbound leg of a french guys return ticket :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 78,245 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I don't understand it either, I doubt any sailing bar bank holidays / mid-summer are completely full. I could understand it better when they relied more heavily on duty free and they wanted the double custom, but these days I just don't know. Perhaps what the want to do is manage booking for people on the way back as best they can?

P&O Irish Sea are running a summer Dublin - Cherbourg service - sample fare car + 2 pax 379.00EUR single, 610.00EUR return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

Originally posted by Victor
    P&O Irish Sea are running a summer Dublin - Cherbourg service - sample fare car + 2 pax 379.00EUR single, 610.00EUR return.

Have you tried getting a quote from their web site?
    Also, you may not get a cabin - don't fancy spending a night on a chair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭gaizka71

I got the deal in the website, and got a 2 Bed onSuite on the deal too.

I do not understand it.. . but I will take advantage of it... so final thought is, if you only need a oneway ticket, check the price or the return... it might be worth it...

• Advertisement
Advertisement