Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What bus to take to get from Clonsilla to Blanchardstown Shopping Centre

• 02-10-2009 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I also have a job interview coming up its in blanch shopping centre and i will have to get the train to clonsilla or coomine, but not sure which bus to get after that and how long will it take to get there?
    please someone help!
    x

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Ema09x wrote: »
    I also have a job interview coming up its in blanch shopping centre and i will have to get the train to clonsilla or coomine, but not sure which bus to get after that and how long will it take to get there?
    please someone help!
    x

Get train to Clonsilla and then the 39 to Blanchardstown Shopping Centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,490 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There are also many buses that serve the shopping centre direct from the city centre. It only really makes sense to get the bus if coming from Sligo / Maynooth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭meanmachine3

it all depends on what day (mon-fri) etc.and when, mornings, afternoons ,evenings etc. there are also buses that dont go into the S.C. from ongar during certain parts of the mornings and the same when leaving town in the evenings. if you get off at coolmine, you can wait for a 237 or walk up to the clonsilla road and get one of the 39's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭SeanW

If you're fit and feeling adventurous/want to save bus fare, you could take the train to Castleknock, walk North on the Castleknock Road (across the canal), go up Main Street through Castlenock, the Shopping Centre is not far beyond the end of Main Street. Total walk is roughly 2km.

I've actually done this a few times. Make sure you budget enough time for a 2k walk though.

You can see the area on a map
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Blanchardstown+Shopping+Centre&sll=53.391723,-6.388979&sspn=0.010774,0.02708&ie=UTF8&hq=Blanchardstown+Shopping+Centre&hnear=&ll=53.387526,-6.378851&spn=0.021551,0.054159&z=14

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Depends where you get on the train at really. If you get on in town then you might be better getting the bus from town instead as that will bring you into the centre.
    If you are coming from maynooth direction then the best would be to get off at clonsilla where the bus stop is just across the canal and the 39 will take you there.
    You could also get off at coolmine if you fancy the walk as its a straight walk to the centre.
    The 39 bus stops are not to far from all train stations on the maynooth line from ashtown to clonsilla.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

SeanW wrote: »
    If you're fit and feeling adventurous/want to save bus fare, you could take the train to Castleknock, walk North on the Castleknock Road (across the canal), go up Main Street through Castlenock, the Shopping Centre is not far beyond the end of Main Street. Total walk is roughly 2km.

I've actually done this a few times. Make sure you budget enough time for a 2k walk though.

You can see the area on a map
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Blanchardstown+Shopping+Centre&sll=53.391723,-6.388979&sspn=0.010774,0.02708&ie=UTF8&hq=Blanchardstown+Shopping+Centre&hnear=&ll=53.387526,-6.378851&spn=0.021551,0.054159&z=14

Do you mean Main street Blanchardstown?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭SeanW

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 speedyfos

get the train to coomine and get bus 239 or walk its about 20min

Advertisement