Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung S10, S10 Plus, S10 E, S10 5G

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭kave2

I bought my s10 from eglobal, took about six days to get it .I had a HTC u11 before it but it was stolen (no insurance )So far I regret paying the extra for the s10 ,the fingerprint front and back on the HTC was quicker to react (could that mean it's easier to fool ?). There's a bigger difference in the size of the screen than I thought there would be.
    I think the s10 might be quicker to react though and I haven't had time to explore all the features yet so I hope I will prefer the s10 in time if I get it setup to my preferences.

Which one did you get? Snapdragon or Exynos?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Reati

Bradz213 wrote: »
    Cancelled my preorder and bought in 3 store yesterday. They are all dual SIM.

Going to try still get the earbuds by contacting Samsung and explaining that I pre-ordered from one store but bought from another due to their stupid stock issues

Gonna do the same. Let me know how you are doing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

kave2 wrote: »
    Which one did you get? Snapdragon or Exynos?

snapdragon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Micky 32

snapdragon

Which model? Chinese or USA model, works ok on our networks? I hear wifi calling and VoLTE could be a problem with SD models, could be wrong though.

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Which model? Chinese or USA model, works ok on our networks? I hear wifi calling and VoLTE could be a problem with SD models, could be wrong though.

Samsung galaxy s10 g9730 Qualcomm snapdragon 855 8gb/128gb dual sim prism green ,works fine on Vodafone, I got a text yesterday in an area I have never had coverage, no idea about volte, I had to Google what it was to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Cb12345

Cb12345 wrote: »
    Thanks for that.

https://20191.samsungpromotions.claims/ie/en/claims/galaxybuds/get-started

I haven't copied and pasted links before so hopefully the above works.

Probably bad form to reply to my own post, but got confirmation email yesterday. Buds to be dispatched in next 30 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭DylanK

heres a little trick how to improve the finger print unlocking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

I bought my s10 from eglobal, took about six days to get it .I had a HTC u11 before it but it was stolen (no insurance )

How are you finding the audio and battery life on the s10 compared to the HTC?

Testament1 wrote: »
    How are you finding the audio and battery life on the s10 compared to the HTC?

I haven't used it much, first impression is that the audio is as good or better, I was surprised to see that the battery was nearly gone the other day after a day of alot of talk time, maybe I am mistaken about it being fully charged but first impression is that the battery will take less use than the HTC which I never felt wasn't going to see the day out for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,555 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    YouTube Premium are also giving a 4 month free trial to S10 owners. Just went to Paid memberships in the app and it was there for me. Cancelled auto renewal straight away.

I checked there and dont see it .Im on S10 maybe its only on the 10+ ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭biebiebie

unhappys10 wrote: »
    Anyone know how to stop the no signal notification? Signal in my wife's parent's house is patchy and everytime the signal drops I get a beep and a vibration to tell me the signal has dropped, very annoying.

Can you swipe left on the notification message itself for options? Then press the cog for additional options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,636 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Re: Youtube

Think it's only for current non-premium members, or those who haven't availed of a trial period before with the service or Google Music etc

Doesn't show for me anyway as i'm currently premium following a trial in the past.

Edit - found this
    The Galaxy S10e, S10, and S10+ officially launched today after debuting at Samsung Unpacked 2019 last month. YouTube is offering four months of its ad-free Premium ($11.99/month) service to owners of those phones to promote YouTube Music against incumbent Spotify.

Beyond music streaming, this YouTube deal tries to differentiate itself with video content, highlighting the Galaxy S10’s HDR10+ certified Dynamic AMOLED screen. Other touted hardware features include background playback for video and offline download with Wi-Fi 6.

Google is also bringing this deal to other Samsung Galaxy devices. The Galaxy Fold and Galaxy Tab S5e will benefit from the same four-month trial, while Google is offering another limited deal to other Samsung devices until 2020.

And all other Samsung Galaxy device owners who activate a device between February 20, 2019 – February 29, 2020 will be able to try YouTube Premium for 2 months free*. Both 4- and 2-month offers are available globally where Samsung Galaxy devices and YouTube Premium are available**.

There is some fine print, notably it’s only available to new customers:

Standard eligibility applies: Offer only available to customers who are not current YouTube Premium, YouTube Music Premium or Google Play Music subscribers, have not been YouTube Premium, YouTube Music Premium, YouTube Red, or Google Play Music subscribers, nor participated in a YouTube Premium, YouTube Music Premium, Google Play Music, or YouTube Red trial before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭chrisire

yabadabado wrote: »
    I checked there and dont see it .Im on S10 maybe its only on the 10+ ?

I got it on the s10

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Da Optimist

Poor battery on S10 plus and last years Huawei P20 Pro has a superior camera and battery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I noticed Google was constantly running in the background and generally using a lot of battery, so withdrew all permissions. It vastly improved battery life for my S10+

Very happy with this last 2 days of charge:

1PKbmbX.jpg?1

What’s the craic with the phones that are on sale on adverts?

Are they risky? I mean if they are bought on contract originally and then someone stops paying their bill and get black listed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Are they risky? I mean if they are bought on contract originally and then someone stops paying their bill and get black listed.

That's always the risk and you'll never know until you're stung, could even be a fake or anything.

Even on the small chance it's legitimate, I'd pay the bit extra to avoid adverts altogether.

That's always the risk and you'll never know until you're stung, could even be a fake or anything.

Even on the small chance it's legitimate, I'd pay the bit extra to avoid adverts altogether.

Yeah you have to kinda wonder how they can sell for a bit cheaper snd still make profit, wonder where they get them from....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Yeah you have to kinda wonder how they can sell for a bit cheaper snd still make profit, wonder where they get them from....

Some will be bulk imports and are probably grand (though will have weird firmware versions), but it's too easy buy one that someone will get blacklisted within hours of you taking it home.

Grey Market imports normally. Get blocked all the time when the original bill holder cancels or fails to pay.

Seen it with a few friends who got "great deals" on adverts. Can't be selling a phone for 800 euro that is 1020 new and only a week old without something dodgy happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Anyone who got it direct from Samsung got their trade-in pack yet?

Micky 32 wrote:

A friend of mine bought one before and a month or 2 later it was blacklisted. He managed to get it unblocked in one of them Chinese phone shops. They said people are always doing it, selling phones and then claiming them as stolen on insurance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭dan786

Personally I never buy a phone from those shops bases in D1, all are known for selling UK blacklisted insurance claims, card scams, contract scam over here. I have come across several people with blacklisted phones from those shops. Most people never check as long as their sim works in them.

For private sellers, always go for those selling pre-pay one with Irish store receipts. Safest option especially if they have decent feedback. As they are all dual sim and factory unlocked you dont have to worry about bloatware, missing features, late updates etc

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭kesey

Cina wrote: »

Yes, arrived 15/3/19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,555 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Cina wrote: »
    I got it on Thursday and gone in the post this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

They're not dodgy. They're Pakistani guys from the phone shops in town advertising. They're on sale in the same shops for the same price

I got my last two phones from these type of guys and so did my brother and never had an issue with them.

MarkY91 wrote: »
    They're not dodgy. They're Pakistani guys from the phone shops in town advertising. They're on sale in the same shops for the same price

I got my last two phones from these type of guys and so did my brother and never had an issue with them.

I have come across several phones from those shops that are blacklisted. Your sim will work it doesnt mean theres no issue with them. They are mostly UK blacklisted phones sold here. They are known for that and avoiding tax etc. If they were actually legit ask them for a VAT receipt, you will never get one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

pulled the trigger on the 10e - €267 on an upgrade from 3 (2 year contract at €30 per month). Was already paying €25 per month sim free. (small business account - 8 users)

No brainer.

Lets see.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Geimhreadh

Is it normal for phone insurance not to cover you for the first 14 days of the policy?

Got cover my s10 with Blue insurance and only noticing this now.

Think I ll put it back in its box for 2 weeks ha ha

"This policy does not cover any claim made, or any event causing the need for a claim to be made, that occurs within the first 14 days of the start date of the policy or the first 14 days of any amendment to your policy where the electronic gadget has not been insured within 14 days of purchase. This also applies if you add loss cover after inception of the policy."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

S10E Review up on GSMArena : https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s10e-review-1908.php

Seems decent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Geimhreadh wrote:
    Is it normal for phone insurance not to cover you for the first 14 days of the policy?

Yep I've seen that on most policies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭enryb12

Has anyone got the s10 Plus on Three Prepay? Just wondering if it is locked to the Three network, don't really want that annoying 3 Logo on the boot screen! :(

Thanks in advance!!

enryb12 wrote: »
    Has anyone got the s10 Plus on Three Prepay? Just wondering if it is locked to the Three network, don't really want that annoying 3 Logo on the boot screen! :(

Thanks in advance!!

If its locked to a network or not doesn't effect that. The question to ask is does it come with threes own firmware.

You can flash it easily enough if it does.

enryb12 wrote: »

Thanks in advance!!

I mentioned it before on here, they are all unlocked dual sim models no matter where you buy them from. No branding on them.

Geimhreadh wrote: »

Got cover my s10 with Blue insurance and only noticing this now.

Think I ll put it back in its box for 2 weeks ha ha

"This policy does not cover any claim made, or any event causing the need for a claim to be made, that occurs within the first 14 days of the start date of the policy or the first 14 days of any amendment to your policy where the electronic gadget has not been insured within 14 days of purchase. This also applies if you add loss cover after inception of the policy."

That's pretty normal if you don't insure it as soon as you buy it. I always insure items straight away, so it's immediate cover. I guess it's just a deterrent to insurance fraud.

I'm assuming you've owned the phone for less than 2 weeks, so you should be covered straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭IBrows89

dan786 wrote: »
    I mentioned it before on here, they are all unlocked dual sim models no matter where you buy them from. No branding on them.

I asked three and vodafone this during the pre sale and they all said they were single sim versions and they wouldn't be selling dual sim versions.

IBrows89 wrote: »
    I asked three and vodafone this during the pre sale and they all said they were single sim versions and they wouldn't be selling dual sim versions.

Virgin Media told me the same but I received a dual-sim one.

That's interesting!

Is it a case that physically they are dual SIM, but that the option has been removed from the front end for the Telcos?

Or is dual sim just fully available?

Has anyone actually tried two Sims and can confirm both are working?
    And what operator is the phone from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lexi8

Is it easy or cheap to unlock the S10? I'm thinking of buying the phone outright, Vodafone seem to have the best price in Ireland €850 on pay as you go.

biebiebie wrote: »
    That's interesting!

Is it a case that physically they are dual SIM, but that the option has been removed from the front end for the Telcos?

Or is dual sim just fully available?

Has anyone actually tried two Sims and can confirm both are working?
    And what operator is the phone from?

I have had/come across them from Three, Vodafone , Virgin and Eir, they are all unlocked dual sim.

• Advertisement

Lexi8 wrote: »
    Is it easy or cheap to unlock the S10? I'm thinking of buying the phone outright, Vodafone seem to have the best price in Ireland €850 on pay as you go.

As mentioned repeatedly and just 2-3 comments above yours, All S10 phone are dual sim unlocked.

IBrows89 wrote: »

Well Samsung didnt even make single sim S10 phone at all so thats a lie. I have a S10+ from Three and S10 from VF and both are dual sim unlocked.

Interesting observation about SD 855 vs Exynos.
    Exynos : 4-5 hours screen on time
    Vs
    SD855: +7 hours !!

Check out @SuperSaf’;s Tweet: https://twitter.com/SuperSaf/status/1108887158385975297?s=09

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

biebiebie wrote: »
    Interesting observation about SD 855 vs Exynos.
    Exynos : 4-5 hours screen on time
    Vs
    SD855: +7 hours !!

Check out @SuperSaf’;s Tweet: https://twitter.com/SuperSaf/status/1108887158385975297?s=09
    Dunno about that. I rarely charge my phone to full and drain it completely as it's bad for the battery but generally I get over 3 hours SOT on a 40-50% charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Bradz213

anybody get their buds yet?

Just curious how long it took for validation to receiving them?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Geimhreadh

Bradz213 wrote: »
    anybody get their buds yet?

Just curious how long it took for validation to receiving them?

Didn't think the were to be shipped for a few weeks yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,636 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Not sure the Whitestone Dome protector is gonna be long on this phone.
    Looks fine, went on well etc, but there's a huge sensitivity impact to the fingerprint reader IMO, despite the claims of it supporting it just fine etc.
    Re-registered, switch on touch sensitivity etc, but easily having twice the number of misreads even using extra pressure which seemed to be required in order to take an acceptable reading.
    Shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

McDermotX wrote: »
    Looks fine, went on well etc, but there's a huge sensitivity impact to the fingerprint reader IMO, despite the claims of it supporting it just fine etc.
    Re-registered, switch on touch sensitivity etc, but easily having twice the number of misreads even using extra pressure which seemed to be required in order to take an acceptable reading.
    Shame.

Why did you bother? It came with a screen protector, factory installed, that works perfectly with the fingerprint sensor. Granted its probably not as versatile as the top end ones you can buy.

McDermotX wrote: »
    Shame.

How much did you spend on that then?
    By all accounts a simple plastic one is all you should use so not to affect the fingerprint reader? Apart from the factory fitted one that is.

sensors keep saying press harder ,anyone else seeing this ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement