Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement Battery for iPhone.

Options
  • 21-03-2019 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever replaced a battery in an iPhone?

I've a 6 that needs a job done and it looks straight enough on You tube.

You can buy them for €20 on Amazon, so have you done one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

septictank wrote: »

Simple to replace yourself but you can get an original genuine iPhone 6 battery replaced in CompuB for €50 iirc. Not that all 3rd party batteries are crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭septictank

Got a few quotes, €40/€45 but just wondered had anyone done one themselves.

Looks like a handy enough job to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Done one last week on Mrs phone. Simple job. You can buy them with all tools needed. Took max 10 minutes. 2 screws at bottom. Put suction on screen pull up and pry from around the side with tools. Disconnect screen, disconnect battery. Peel battery off( has double sided tapeon original battery) replace with new battery, clip in connection, replace screen connection

Spot on, that's what I've seen. I did see a lad do it and leave the front screen connected, just pulled the battery out, new one in and closed it up, 2 minutes, looked like he did it a few times before all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭CookieLover

septictank wrote: »

Have replaced the battery in my iPhone 6 a few times, very easy and straight forward. One thing to note, I use like €10 battery’s on eBay witch work perfect but after a few months they slowly get worse so you are probably better off buying a proper battery

• Advertisement

I have a good brand battery (EMNT) 2200mAH on the way. €20, 20% stronger that the ave battery, from Amazon.

Well, done it today, and worked great.

My phone was a refurbished one so I think there was a bit more adheasive holding on the front screen.
    I had to use a very thin flat blade knife to pry open the front.
    Also one of the sticky strips broke as I pulled it off but got there eventually.
    Smaller hands and better sight would have helped but job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I have a booking with Harvey Norman to get my battery replaced. Does anyone know if they replace it there and then or do they take it away for few days?

Edit: to answer my own question: repair is done in the booked slot, 3 hours wait.

Advertisement