Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New bike....

Options
  • 16-03-2019 7:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭

Collected her today, orbea orca m20i team disc.
    Myo custom paint job, went with white with fade into pearl gray at the back and bottom of the forks (hard to see in photo) and green logo and secondary colour on frame. Fairly subtle but thats what I like.

Really happy with it. Now for some good weather to get out on it ☺

Oh, and got it from Stagg Cycles, who are great to deal with. A proper bike shop imho.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭thelawman

Very nice, subtle coloring, enjoy,

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,492 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i like the fact that going by the second pic, you got two of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

i like the fact that going by the second pic, you got two of them.

Well Ive two of the bike its replacing but thats another story.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Lovely machine, best of luck with it. Weather seems to be improving from Monday too.

rushfan wrote: »
    Lovely machine, best of luck with it. Weather seems to be improving from Monday too.

Hopefully so.
    Are you a fan of the band or the big nosed welsh striker?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

terrydel wrote:
    Hopefully so. Are you a fan of the band or the big nosed welsh striker?

Interesting question, not the first time I've been asked either. Both actually, though primarily the band.

rushfan wrote: »
    Interesting question, not the first time I've been asked either. Both actually, though primarily the band.

As a massive Everton fan, big nose wouldnt be my favourite person in the world!
    Not heard much of the band, but I had a guitar teacher once who was a huge fan so I guess they are worth a listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Wear well!
    terrydel wrote: »
    ... went with white with fade into pearl gray at the back and bottom of the forks (hard to see in photo)....
    Did you deliberately find the most cluttered place possible in which to take the pic? It would look a lot better against a plain background. :D

Wear well!

Did you deliberately find the most cluttered place possible in which to take the pic? It would look a lot better against a plain background. :D

Feck off David Bailey! :):)
    It's a small house, every room is clogged up unfortunately.
    Hopefully our next purchase is a new home but that's a bit more work than a new bike :)

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭SwissToni

terrydel wrote: »
    Hopefully our next purchase is a new home but that's a bit more work than a new bike :)

But not as essential as a new bike. 😉

• Advertisement

SwissToni wrote: »
    But not as essential as a new bike. 😉

:pac::P well obviously its a lot more essential, but in this country its also a lot harder to sort out, but thats another story! The bike is an antedote to the stress of it in fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

Well wear, lovely looking bike.

Miklos wrote: »
    Well wear, lovely looking bike.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭secman

Best of luck with new bike and also with house hunting !

secman wrote: »
    Best of luck with new bike and also with house hunting !

Cheers buddy, I wish finding a house (more accurately affording a decent one) was as easy as finding a bike :)

I’ll swap my house for your bike (I may need to run that past my wife first though).

The avant version of that bike is on my wish list. I love the Orbeas.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Torres09

Very, very nice. That looks like a fair stack of spacers how many are you running there?

Aegir wrote: »
    I’ll swap my house for your bike (I may need to run that past my wife first though).

Haha, what's the location? Has it a decent garden for our dogs (yes that's a big priority for us!)
    I've had a giant defy for over 6 years now, loved it, it's very endurance focused, so did consider the avant but decided on the more racier orca. Hopefully I don't regret the choice, I doubt I will.
    Deffo go for the myo paint option, it's worth the wait to get something that's gonna be pretty much unique. And in this day and age wer everything is a ripoff, it's quite incredible they don't charge extra for it. Trek charge either around 600 or 1200 for their custom paint options! Robbing feckers.

Torres09 wrote: »
    Very, very nice. That looks like a fair stack of spacers how many are you running there?

Cheers. No idea, haven't counted them. It's based on the numbers from a bike fit so will see how it goes probably next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Aegir wrote: »

If you are size 53...

https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Orbea-Avant-M30-2018-Road-Bike_109726.htm?source=aw&awc=6821_1552899641_fe94ab3be08be3532e1897d8b5232a5d&utm_source=aw&utm_medium=249371

Do it

• Advertisement
Advertisement