Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best type of dehumidifier

Options
  • 16-01-2019 10:10am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭

Need for a damp apartment but also want to be able use it if I move to a house

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

Ideally you need it matched to the sq footage of the area of the house/apartment

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭ampleforth

bigpink wrote: »
    Need for a damp apartment but also want to be able use it if I move to a house

Using the EcoAir DC12 for almost 3 years now and it runs basically always. Turned the apartment and now the house into a comfy dry place. The apartment was 60 sqm and for that it was OK as we moved it around, e.g. when hanging laundry. It has rolls on it so it is easy to move it around. With two, you should be OK for up to 90 or 100 sqm without moving it around. Not sure how it behaves with two floors though.

There is now also a model that apparently sucks 18L out of your air. Both models have an option to connect a hose if you don't want to empty water tanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Ult1mat3X

Note that dehumidifiers produce heat, so you may find it makes the room uncomfortable. You might consider a window air conditioner for just that room. That's what I did because that allows me to keep just my room conditioned without having to cool the whole house. If you want a little extra dehumidification, just turn the temp down on the window unit to force it to run.

Humidifiers are pretty cheap and all work about the same so I don't think it matters what you buy. Be a little careful where you put it, moisture will condense on outside walls if they aren't well insulated, or on windows if it's too close. Obviously don't put it under the piano or anywhere that the moist air blows right on the piano. Also you have to clean the thing every year or creeping crud will start growing in that nice moist environment.

Advertisement