Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Goretex Merell trekking shoes!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

Hey guys,

Thought I would post this unreal deal I found. I don't do any 'outdoor pursuits' myself apart from cycling and love GoreTex shoes. (I hate wet soggy feet :().

Went into the Great Outdoors and found an excellent pair of Merell Chameleon 5 GTX shoes. Not too heavy, great sole and fully waterproof. Not to mention Merell's are good and wide for the Irish foot.

(http://www.amazon.co.uk/Merrell-Chameleon-Black-Trainer-J39919/dp/B009VAJIEO/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top)

They were 135 in GO. I found them on Amazon today for 55 pounds (75E, Not that price in all sizes mind!). If that isnt good enough, Amazon are now offering 20% off all clothes codes, if you sign up to their email
    (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/browse.html/ref=pe_1298041_53352501_pe_r_ecg/?node=1597067031)

So all in all, you can get these shoes for 44GBP delivered. Thats around 55 euro, a saving of 75 euro!).

Enjoy the deal! :)

cheers thats a great deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Merrells are as slippy as F*** on wet surface and I have had 2 pairs and have 3 pairs on the go including these. Comfortabe dry shoe but no confidence on wet surfaces. Will be trying NF or Patagonia next.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭acorn

Yep. picked up a pair of Merrell Chameleon Mid Boots in TKMaxx to use on Trails.
    They're grand on dry track but unbelieveably slippery on wet surface - won't be buying them again at any price !

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

Old thread revival alert !

I'm looking for a pair of waterproof shoes for walking, mostly on roads.

Thinking of getting a pair of Merrell Moab II GTX but I've seen a few posts mentioning the slippery soles in wet conditions, is this an issue on roads & concrete/tarmac footpaths as well as off road ? Is this issue related to the vibram soles ?

I'm also considering a pair of Merrell All Out Blaze II GTX & The North Face Men's Hedgehog Fastpack Gore-Tex as an alternative, however they also have a vibram sole.

Anyone got any opinions on which of these would have the best grip in the wet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,994 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Alfie1 wrote: »
    Old thread revival alert !

I'm looking for a pair of waterproof shoes for walking, mostly on roads.

Thinking of getting a pair of Merrell Moab II GTX but I've seen a few posts mentioning the slippery soles in wet conditions, is this an issue on roads & concrete/tarmac footpaths as well as off road ? Is this issue related to the vibram soles ?

I'm also considering a pair of Merrell All Out Blaze II GTX & The North Face Men's Hedgehog Fastpack Gore-Tex as an alternative, however they also have a vibram sole.

Anyone got any opinions on which of these would have the best grip in the wet ?

Not Moabs but I have a pair of Merrell Chameleons. I find them to be comfortable, solid, a little over warm but hardy feeling. On the slippy nature, it is really noticeable on indoor tiles wet or dry. Now I have worn them on grass and they have been great but honestly I don't know if I'd trust them on the hills bar a safe stroll up Kippure on the tarmac. By way contrast I've the Hedgehog's as well and they are infinitely better, lighter, safer feeling boot. The sole is a lot better on them so so I'd plum for them.

• Advertisement

I'm thinking of going for the Merrell All Out Blaze II GTX, probably the boot version rather than the shoe version.
    I tried the Hedgehogs again yesterday & the Blaze are much more comfortable with the foam insert in the heel, the Blaze also has a thread pattern which looks like it should have more grip than the Moab

Anyone got a discount code for the Outdoor Adventure Store https://outdooradventurestore.ie ? I've bought gear from there before but never online, PM if preferred.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 anther30

Hey guys,

Thought I would post this unreal deal I found. I don't do any 'outdoor pursuits' myself apart from cycling and love GoreTex shoes. (I hate wet soggy feet :().

Went into the Great Outdoors and found an excellent pair of Merell Chameleon 5 GTX shoes. Not too heavy, great sole and fully waterproof. Not to mention Merell's are good and wide for the Irish foot.

(

They were 135 in GO. I found them on Amazon today for 55 pounds (75E, Not that price in all sizes mind!). If that isnt good enough, Amazon are now offering 20% off all clothes codes, if you sign up to their email
    (

So all in all, you can get these shoes for 44GBP delivered. Thats around 55 euro, a saving of 75 euro!).

Enjoy the deal! :)

Your deal was really nice. Few days ago, I also bought a shoe from Indestructible shoe and I got a lot of discount. They have a wide range of shoe at affordable price and they also give discounts on certain products.

Advertisement