Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best way to commute to Swords from Maynooth without a car?

Options
  • 13-10-2017 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

Working in Swords and living in Maynooth. There best way I can see is getting the train to Drumcondra and then a bus up to Swords. Anyone know of any other way?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Fenry

Train from drumcondra station to maynooth - takes 30 mins or so.

The key issue is getting your swords train aligned to the drumcondra train so you dont have a long wait.

Sorry I read your OP completely wrong - I shouldnt post this early

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Colham wrote: »
    Working in Swords and living in Maynooth. There best way I can see is getting the train to Drumcondra and then a bus up to Swords. Anyone know of any other way?

Train to Connolly and swords express bus. The 41 from drumcondra takes an age

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Colham

Stheno wrote: »

Might try that. The 33 from Drumcondra is what I was looking at, but it isn't too reliable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Was going to post the same.

Where abouts in Swords is your work?

Train to Connolly then a quick walk out onto the keys for a Swords express, which will be pretty empty/comfy and quick going from town to Swords sounds best bet.

I'm originally from Swords and when Swords express started operating I didn't step foot on another Dublin Bus. Swords express is reliable, more comfortable and a hell of a lot quicker. Was using it for about three years on a work commute from city centre and a few years before that with college. Was a godsend.

An alternative if you have a train ticket/pass that covers multi trips for a month or whatever is going to Malahide. Outside the station you then get a 42 or 102(numbers might be wrong years since I got them) that will bring you to Pavillions

TheDoc wrote: »
    Was going to post the same.

Where abouts in Swords is your work?

Train to Connolly then a quick walk out onto the keys for a Swords express, which will be pretty empty/comfy and quick going from town to Swords sounds best bet.

I'm originally from Swords and when Swords express started operating I didn't step foot on another Dublin Bus. Swords express is reliable, more comfortable and a hell of a lot quicker. Was using it for about three years on a work commute from city centre and a few years before that with college. Was a godsend.

An alternative if you have a train ticket/pass that covers multi trips for a month or whatever is going to Malahide. Outside the station you then get a 42 or 102(numbers might be wrong years since I got them) that will bring you to Pavillions

Working right off the main street. Does the Leap card capping cover Dart and Swords Express?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Colham wrote: »
    Working right off the main street. Does the Leap card capping cover Dart and Swords Express?

Don't think so as swords express is a private bus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Depends on what time you are going to Swords, if it is rush hour then Swords express is your only man, but if not I would deffo get the 41, it doesn't take too long if it's not rush hour.

Depends on what time you are going to Swords, if it is rush hour then Swords express is your only man, but if not I would deffo get the 41, it doesn't take too long if it's not rush hour.

It would be rush hour, between 7am and 9am, then 5pm to 7pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Don't think so as swords express is a private bus

Swords Express does accept Leap Cards. Public v Private doesn't decide that.

http://www.swordsexpress.com/Tickets-Fares/Leap-Cards/

Ben D Bus wrote: »

I know but I'm not sure if a daily cap applies

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Ben D Bus wrote: »

Yeah but capping doesn't apply which is the question asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Sorry, missed the capping bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,736 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I see Swords Express are in the Taxsaver scheme - is it possible to have 2 Taxsaver tickets (e.g. annual rail, and annual Sword Express)?

Advertisement